+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I was just informed that if you go to youtube & type in the following phrase:

Carrie Underwood-Alone

This is a video of the Acoustic version of the song she did at the fan club party. It is pretty astounding.

For those of you that don't like Country music & think it is a tired old concept, all I can say is that you have never seen or heard it like it is being done down here in Nashville this week. Last night rocked from start to finish. Trace Adkins, Dierks Bently, Alan Jackson, The Wreckers & Reba were absolutely great. But Brooks & Dunn tore the place up. If you don't think Country can rock all I can say is go see a Brooks & Dunn show sometime. By the way the rumor was true & Kelly Clarkson showed up to sing with Reba. She walked on stage to join in for Does He Love You & then stayed around & to sing their new duet.

Today starts with Lori Morgan in about an hr. Some of the others appearing today include Mark Wills, Steve Holy, Jason Michael Carroll, Ray Scott, Andy Griggs, Josh Gracin, Angela Hacker(The newest Nashville Star winner), Katrina Elam, Carolina Rain,The Oak Ridge Boys, Heartland, Megan Mullins & Hal Ketchum among others.

Tonights stadium show starts with a 2 song opening set by Bucky Covington, then Montgomery Gentry, Sara Evans, Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, & Sugarland. Sounds like another good day to me.

By the way this will be televised on ABC July 23.

All I have to say about last night is WOW! I thought Thursday was smokin, but last night exceed it by a mile. Little Big Town & Sara Evans were really good. Sugarland, Jason Aldean, Montgomery Gentry & Carrie were absolutely on fire. Jennifer Nettles may be the all around best female performer in Country Music today. She takes the stage, grabs the audience by the throat, says you will be entertained & then sets about doing just that. Truly astounding. And it has been such an absoulte pleasure to watch the growth of Carrie during these past two years. She is no longer the shy girl from Checotah Oklahoma, she has become the polished professional, that sets out to blow everybody away with her vocals & she does that night after night. She is just as good, just as accurate, & just as dominating live as she is on record & you can't say that about everybody. No one sat down during her set & everyone was singing along & dancing in the aisles the whole time she was on stage. It must be pretty special for an entertainer to experience something like that.

One of the cool things about this whole experience is that you never know who is going to show up. There was an artist & guitar player extrodinare in town last night for a concert at the Ryman. So, during Montgomery Gentry's set they introduced this person & asked him to come on stage & play something with them. On walked the Motor City Madman himself, Ted Nugent for a rockin & rollin Cat Scratch Fever. Needless to say the crowd ate it up.

Tonights Stadium show starts off with a 2 song acoustic set by the new Nashville Star winner, Angela Hacker. Then we will see JoDee Mesina, Billy Ray Cyrus, " A previously unannounced surprise guest", LeAnn Rimes, Josh Turner, & Martina McBride.

I put the phrase in quotes, because last night they filmed the opening of the show for the ABC presentation in July, with Sugarland welcoming everybody to the CMA Music Fest & then said to get this party started let's welcome one of the hottest acts in country music to the stage Rascal Flatts. So now we know tonights surprise is the Flatts boys. Sounds like another smokin hot show to me.

I want to pass along a story about the charity softball game for the City Of Hope that Carrie played in. At one point she was on third base, the batter hit a ground ball back to the pitcher, Carrie tried to score, the pitcher fielded the ball & went to tag her out. But, the timing was all off & he tackled her knocking her flying. She got up & shook it off, but both dugouts emptied, the mascots came flying out, everybody got the pitcher on the ground & started beating him up. Carrie, stood to the side watching & cheering everybody on. It was all pretty funny & totally unintentional, but she did cop a pretty good bruise out of it. I believe there are videos on youtube, but I have no doubt that it will be shown on ABC.

I know there are still some skeptics out there, but having followed her so closely for the past two years & just seeing everything that happens here in Nashville & the way things always revolve around her, there is no doubt in my mind that we have seen the birth of a true Country Music Superstar. Nashville loves the girl. Last night after her performance as she was exiting the stage she was called back & Joe Galante came on to officially, in the Name of Arista Records, present her with the 6X Platinum award. I know we saw Clive Davis do it on AI, but this was specially for the Country fans & they loved it.

I'm out of here for today. Carrie is signing autographs in the convention center for 4 hrs. today. I gotta go see the madness.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Here ya go razor
    I'll post other photos from CMA Fest later...I've got to head out to a ballgame myself!

Ballgame photos:

Batter up:

Play Ball:

Carrie and her parents: She looks so happy with mom and dad there!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Day 2 of CMA Fest...is this what's going to be shown on ABC razor?

That girl just cannot take a bad picture! She looks healthier than ever, too. WTG Carrie.

Thanks to razor and bbnbama for all the updates and photos. xoxoxo
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Here's some pictures of Carrie performing Friday night.

For stories about CMA Music Festival the Nashville papaer, The Tennessean, has some pictures and articles. Nashville is my hometown.
    Nashville, Tennessee news from The Tennessean, Tennessean.com - MUSIC CITY U.S.A
    You can also go to the CMA Music Festival site.
    2007 CMA Music Festival | 1-800-CMA-FEST

I'm a female and I just have to say that Carrie has some killer legs!

Here's a couple of pictures from the fan club party razor was talking about earlier...

First off let me offer my appreciation to bb & unklescott for the photos. Great stuff ya'll. She has looked absolutely great at every appearance this year.

On to last nights show: I think that this was the weakest of the three nights so far. There was some good, some not so good & some truly great.

JoDee Messina, I didn't much like her for some reason. I also think her slot on the big stage should have been given to either Teri Clark or Jamie O'Neil but that is just personal preference. There were a bunch that did like JoDee so I guess that's what counts.

Billy Ray Cyrus. The guy still puts on a good show & the ladies seem to like him alot, but lets face it, he hasn't been a viable entity in Country Music for some time now. He should have been replaced by Craig Morgan or one of the new up & comers, Eric Church, Jake Owen or Trent Tomlinson.

Rascal Flatts was the surprise of the night for me. I know they are hugely popular & have had mega million $$ tours, but I had read various reports stating that they weren't very good live. Well they proved that wrong last night. They rocked it hard.

Poor LeAnn Rimes had to follow the Flatts on stage. It was a daunting task but she held her own very well. Especially when she broke out the old Grace Slick song Somebody To Love. The girl can definitely break it down.

Josh Turner is a true throwback to the old Country. Deep bass voice & a gosple bent combined with bluegrass. He is great & put's on a wonderful show.

Then there was the incomparable Martina. For the second year in a row I watched as the walls of the stadium came tumbling down when she did Broken Wing. If Randy Jackson could see this woman sing this song live I have no doubt he would look back on that comment that Jordin was better than the original & slash his wrists for being such an idiot. No one came come within a Country Mile of Martina on this song, it is without a doubt one of the most overwhelming vocals I have ever seen & I have been lucky enough to have experienced it twice now. I truly hope ABC chooses to show this as it is a definite show stopper.

Tonight is the last night & the lineup is Rodney Atkins, Miranda Lambert, Billy Currington,Kellie Pickler,Taylor Swift, Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson, & to close the festivities & send everybody home with a smile Brad Paisley. It has been another great experience here in Nashville, I highly recommend you try & attend some time in the future.

Just a note on Carrie & the autograph signing experience yesterday. She signed for an hr. at the Play Something Country booth & then for 3 hrs. at the Grand Ole Opry booth. The Play Something Country booth is about 60 ft. from the doors where all the stars enter. Carrie was to begin at 11:30. Well, by 11:00 there were already about 1,000 people waiting. Around 11:15 Security came out & put up some ropes to make a walkway for her & the crowd had swelled to 2,500. By the time she actually hit the room there were 2 TV crews & people were lined 5 deep on both sides of the rope just to get a glimpse. At the booth & for 25 ft. past the booth the crowds had swelled to 25 deep & when she walked through the doors there must have been 5,000 flash cameras along wth the TV lights. For the whole 4 hrs. she signed the crowd never diminished. It was like that all day long.

I was talking to one of the Security guards & I asked him if they had this type of response for anybody else. He said that there were some popular artists, but that Carrie was the only one that they had to set up Security ropes for & that no one even comes close to the crowds she gets. I was standing by a lady from Canada & she told me it was the same way everytime Carrie goes to Canada.

On a somewhat sad note, Carrie has, for the first time begun to have body guards with her wherever she goes. And she has also had to move out of her first regular neighborhood & into a gated community to keep fans from knocking on her door at all times of day & night.

Thanks to Razor and bbnbama for the great pictures and updates.

oops, Unklescott, too
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread