+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 425 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    I want to like Carrie - I really do! But so far all I can remember is how she messed up on the Janis Joplin song! Maybe someone will read this thread and pass along some advice?

Just wondering, have you ever heard Faith Hill do "Piece of My Heart"? Carrie did a version somewhere between the two. I thought she did great.
    Last edited by nemanomine; 03-25-2005 at 03:56 AM.

I also want to say that Carrie totally rocked on "Alone" this week. Her performance totally drew me in. And, by the way, she did get into it. She had some major body language that said she was into it when the chorus repeated. Maybe it was harder for some to see because it was when the camera was pulled all the way back.

I was and am so impressed with this performance that I watched it 10+ times within 24 hours. I honestly believe that she showed she doesn't have to sing country to do awesome. On that note, since when is the Tiffany's song "Could've Been" country? She kicked butt then too. It was my favorite of her's until this week.

I would never go as far as to predict anyone to win, or even the top two at this point. I mean, who would have put Nadia in the bottom three this week? Voting is never consistent except that someone always stays longer than they should forcing someone more deserving than they to leave early. (I honestly don't think Mikalah should have beat out Amanda Avila for the top 10 or Constantine over Nikko already this season.)

Anyway, I totally love Carrie. She is my favorite with Bo Bice being my favorite guy, after that I have three or so people on my "favorite" list all in the same spot for now. It's going to be tough this season, especially if everyone continues to sing at the same level as this week. For me, Mikalah was an easy pick to go home, with Anthony in the bottom 3, but I couldn't fill the last spot if my life had depended on it. (Never would have picked Nadia, though I hated her hair WAY more than Carrie's).

Sorry for my babbling, I just discovered this site and had somethings I wanted to get off my chest.

FORT Fan
    Carrie has a particular advantage over the other contestants.

Her image appeals to the mainstream of the voting audience.

She has strong vocals, beautiful and that "homegrown" look making her seem like the girl next door.

I am sorry, everyone. Having talent is not an absolute prerequisite for success. There are many singers these days who are not phenomanal singers but are successes.

Bo and Constantin have that "Rocker" image that limits their audience. Don't get me wrong, I am sure they can sing other music styles, but their image as "Rockers" is indeliably impressed in everyones mind.

Carrie has more mobility for her. This weeks performance shows she can sing other than Country. Yes...there may be a country twang in her voice.

But can you blame her? We are all constrained by the training and experiences that shape us. Do you expect George Micheal to sing Hip Hop?

Give the girl a break. She has a great voice and is definitely not an incompetent. For me hearing her sing is enough. Granted Nadia and Vonzell has more stage presense, but the thing is I don't require Carrie to have that.

I just need her to astound me with her looks and great music.

Many Carrie fans, I think would agree with me.

Sorry everyone. I am just voicing out my thoughts. We all have our prejudices and tastes. I simply hope all of you give Carrie a chance to(win or lose) pleasure everyone around the world with a great career.

I think her previous performances show that Carrie is hardly an average singer. She has talent, perhaps even great star power.

Give her a chance to shine. I have enough faith in her to say Carrie will not let you down.

Thanks
    Last edited by felix; 03-25-2005 at 10:24 AM.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar

With Simon pimping Carrie, the only question is, "When is the finale so we can see Carrie win?"

This week demonstrated the power of Simon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    I didn't say she did the best on that one! I said everyone forgot her previous great performances because of one performance.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Comments removed...

The forum Post rules are posted right in the Forum - You will be removed from the site if you insist on sniping at each other instead of about the contestant.

FORT Knox
    It is amazing to me how effortlessly Carrie makes her outstanding singing look. She definitely has my vote and it's not just because she's a total hottie.

Carrie Underwood has, perhaps, the single most extraordinary vocal talent ever found in any AI contestant in any year. Her voice is absolutely glorious.

Her delivery is completely vacuous. She smiles through songs about heartbreak and betrayal, and I've never seen so much as a glimmer of an indication that she has the slightest idea what she's singing about. Now, ten years down the road she may have the life experience she needs to lend meaningful delivery to the words she sings, but not yet.

I'll take Kelly Clarkson any day of the week.

Apparently Dean(the hairdresser) in his weekly radio backstage gossip call in has said she's as vacant as she appears to be. The back stage crew don't think very highly of Miss Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by connie
    Apparently Dean(the hairdresser) in his weekly radio backstage gossip call in has said she's as vacant as she appears to be. The back stage crew don't think very highly of Miss Carrie.
    I wouldn't be suprised if that's soooo true!!!

I keep thinking back to the stars/clouds in Hollywood when I see her expression whilst waiting for judges' comment...

+ Reply to Thread