+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Well it is week #80 for Some Hearts & as expected the album got a bump in sales from Carries appearance on the Idol Finale. I think it would have done a bit better if she had performed songs of her own, but I personally loved the Beatles tribute & thought she sang I’m Leaving Home wonderfully. I expect sales will begin to decline now though. She has no other TV appearances scheduled, & the concert tour is going to be very sporadic until the completion of the next album,

But, just think about it, after 80 weeks on the chart Carrie returns to the #1 Country album, passing Gretchen Wilson’s One of the Boy’s in only Gretchen's second week of release. And Some Hearts is again in the Top 10 on the Billboard Albums chart coming in at #8. Talk about some staying power.

8 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Some Hearts 51,443 up 10% total 5,532,746

As to Before He Cheats, the song seems to be picking up some steam & looks to be heading into the Top 5, with any luck at all. At this point considering all the charts & radio stations the song is being played on it is getting close to 10,000 spins a week. And just think they have accomplished this without remixing the song for a more Pop feel. It is the same Country mix that spent 5weeks at #1 on the Country Chart.

On AC, BHC moves into the top 10 at #10
    On Top 40, BHC remains at #9
    On Hot AC, BHC remains at #6

On the Digital sales front: I’ll Stand By You was removed from ITunes immediately following the Idol Finale. Maybe it was for a limited time only, but sales figures are no longer being counted. Before He Cheats however continues strong: suffering only a 6% loss this week to 53.4K. Total sales are now at 1.339 million.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2426029;
    On the Digital sales front: Iíll Stand By You was removed from ITunes immediately following the Idol Finale. Maybe it was for a limited time only, but sales figures are no longer being counted. Before He Cheats however continues strong: suffering only a 6% loss this week to 53.4K. Total sales are now at 1.339 million.
    You would think they would keep that on there and continue to raise money for the charity.......
    Glad I got my download of it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Reports today are indicating that Tony Romo has dumped Carrie Underwood for Jessica Simpson.

I find it laughable, as I remember her father tried to link Romo and Simpson together back in January but everyone involved said the two had never met. It's difficult to believe that any man in his right mind would dump class for trash, but then it happens every day, eh?

Leo
    Premium Member

If true, Tony Romo must like having, erm, things he can hold onto... except for footballs. How did that last playoff game end again?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I read this morning that Tony wanted to "bench" their relationship for the football season. Didn't see any mention of Simpson, but if it's true that he dumped Carrie for Jessica, the man has no class. Good riddance.

Well it’s less than a week now until the start of CMA Music Fest & Carrie has been named as the headliner on Friday night, a night that includes Montgomery Gentry, Sugarland, Little Big Town, Sara Evans, Jason Aldean, & an acoustic set by Bucky Covington. So for Carrie to be made the headliner of all these folks is quite an honor. But, that’s not all, it appears as though the festival is making good use of the Male & Female vocalists of the year as the faces of the event.

Signs Go Up, CMA Music Festival Nears | WKRN.COM

"Signs Go Up, CMA Music Festival Nears"
    Beginning in just one week, the CMA Music Festival is right around the corner.

Thursday, workers put up 60-foot-high pictures of Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood on the Sommet Center tower.

The CMA Music Fest runs June 7 to June 10 in downtown Nashville.

Underwood will headline the LP Field show next Friday night. Paisley will wrap things up the following Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2427050;
    I read this morning that Tony wanted to "bench" their relationship for the football season. Didn't see any mention of Simpson, but if it's true that he dumped Carrie for Jessica, the man has no class. Good riddance.
    All of this speculation began with a report in that most venerated of all publications, the National Enquirer. Whether or not it is true, I honestly don't care. But I just thought I would pass along a bit of advise.

We have all heard Before He Cheats & most have probably seen the video. We know the damage that can be done to a "Pretty Little Souped up Four Wheel Drive" by a Louisville Slugger. Romo drives a Lamborghini, nuff said.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

So much for Carrie's belief that nobody is interested in her love life...

I think that she has an amazing singing voice, she's very pretty too. I wish her all the best!

I wanted to remind everybody that Carrie will be on the Grand Ol Opry Tuesday Night. As part of the opening ceremonies for CMA Fest week, this is going to be a rarely televised Tuesday show. It will be on GAC, will include Sugarland, Rodney Adkins, & Craig Morgan as well. Look for me in the third row.

+ Reply to Thread