+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Going OT for a minute Miranda Lambert's "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" is a kick ass CD. I highly recommend it.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2395398;
    Going OT for a minute Miranda Lambert's "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" is a kick ass CD. I highly recommend it.
    Since you went OT - Hasn''t Miranda Lambert been out for a couple or three years since she was on Nashville Star? How is it that she is considered a new artist? Not complaining, just asking.

Back on topic - Saw a snippet of Carrie (after the ACM's, I think) commenting on her dating Tony Romo. She said that so far publicity hasn't been a problem, and that 'nobody is interested in me'. All I could think was "you better be prepared". The press can't wait to get a hold of some juicy tidbit and turn it into something it may not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2395440;
    Since you went OT - Hasn''t Miranda Lambert been out for a couple or three years since she was on Nashville Star? How is it that she is considered a new artist? Not complaining, just asking.

Back on topic - Saw a snippet of Carrie (after the ACM's, I think) commenting on her dating Tony Romo. She said that so far publicity hasn't been a problem, and that 'nobody is interested in me'. All I could think was "you better be prepared". The press can't wait to get a hold of some juicy tidbit and turn it into something it may not be.
    The rules for the ACM Awards are such that a person can be nominated in Best New categories twice. Miranda lost last year to Carrie so this was her last shot. Craig Morgan lost last year to Jason Aldean & this year to Rodney Adkins, so he is through. Rodney, by the way has been around for almost 10 years but is just now making an impact.

As to Carrie & Tony, I think it's very funny that she would say no one is interested in her. She must not read the papers or the internet because she is everywhere & the speculation on her & Romo has been batted about since she showed up at the football game in Dallas last Christmas. But, I don't think I have ever seen anyone that has been set up with a support team quite like Carrie has. The more you dig into it the more you just shake your head & realise that TPTB knew from day one what they had on their hands & set all the pieces in place to make it happen as big & yet as controlled as possible. People in Dallas seem to like the two of them being together too.

Thanks for the explanation regarding the new artist stuff, Razorbacker. That makes sense.

Carrie gave me a chuckle with her comment, too. I'm glad that she has the right people around her. Too many young artists don't have that and make way to many PR (and life) mistakes.

That said, I'm very proud of Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2395505;
    Thanks for the explanation regarding the new artist stuff, Razorbacker. That makes sense.

Carrie gave me a chuckle with her comment, too. I'm glad that she has the right people around her. Too many young artists don't have that and make way to many PR (and life) mistakes.

That said, I'm very proud of Carrie.
    Here is something else to be proud of. Brad Paisley has made it a habit of doing great duets with an accompanying female. There has been When I Get Where I'm Going with Dolly Parton & Whiskey Lullabye with Allison Krause. Well Brad's new album is finished & just waiting release. There is a song on it called Oh Love that is a duet with none other than Carrie.This will be her first recorded duet & just think this one will have the Male & Female Vocalists of the Year on it. I can't wait to hear it.

Either can I.

Certain internet detectives are beginning to ferret out some new song titles that are being considered for Carries next album. Note all the Hillary Lindsey songs, I guess you can’t go against the success of Jesus Take The Wheel & Wasted, but I will be very surprised if some of them don’t get cut. Carrie has stated that they have a lot of songs in the can & are just figuring out which to keep. Also, it is nice to see that she is writing more on this album. Release as of now is scheduled for Nov. 13, almost two years to the day since Some Hearts.

1.GET OUT OF THIS TOWN
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC EWAN STEVE
    SAMPSON GORDIE

2. EVERYBODY CRIES
    Writers:
    MC EWAN STEVE
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE
    WISEMAN CRAIG MICHAEL

3. NEVER GET USED TO YOU
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC EWAN STEVE
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE

4. SHE'S A WILDFLOWER
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY
    LEE MC EWAN STEVE
    SAMPSON GORDIE

5. THE MORE BOYS I MEET
    Writers:
    KENNEDY GORDON SCOTT
    MC EWAN STEVE

6. THE TRUTH HURTS
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC EWAN STEVE
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE

7. THE WAY I LIKE IT
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC EWAN STEVE
    SAMPSON GORDIE

8. ALL-AMERICAN GIRL
    Writers:
    ASHLEY GORLEY
    KELLEY LOVELACE
    CARRIE UNDERWOOD

9. JUST A DREAM
    Writers:
    GORDIE SAMPSON
    HILLARY LINDSEY
    STEVE MCEWAN

10. THE LAZY DAY SONG
    Writers:
    ANGELO
    CARRIE UNDERWOOD
    LUKE LAIRD

11. WHAT ELSE YOU GOT
    Writers:
    GREEN MARV
    MCEWAN STEVEN
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE

12. LOUISIANA
    Writers:
    DAVIDSON GERALD DALLAS
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC CORMICK JAMES E

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Cute picture I found of Carrie.....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2400218;
    Cute picture I found of Carrie.....
    She is too cute.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2395610;
    Here is something else to be proud of. Brad Paisley has made it a habit of doing great duets with an accompanying female. There has been When I Get Where I'm Going with Dolly Parton & Whiskey Lullabye with Allison Krause. Well Brad's new album is finished & just waiting release. There is a song on it called Oh Love that is a duet with none other than Carrie.This will be her first recorded duet & just think this one will have the Male & Female Vocalists of the Year on it. I can't wait to hear it.
    There is a 30 second clip of her duet with Brad Paisley (Oh Love) on Idol Watch. It's going to be a hit!

+ Reply to Thread