+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 423 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey
    This is the first song she's sang where I actually thought she put a little emotion in it. It was MUCH better than the other weeks.

She does seem to have a pretty boring personality when you compare her to Vonzell and Nadia.

I dunno... I don't think she'll win this competition.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Its hard to look beyond her lack of emotion on stage with people like Nadia, Bo, Carrie, and hell... even lil-nanny (I may no tlike hers, but shes got one hell of a personality). Her song was sung well, but as soneone else posted somewhere.. she had a bit of twang in it

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    I agree that the judges have done a terrible job of articulating what Carrie's problems are. Her lack of connection to the lyrics and audience has been brought up so many times by posters at the FORT, but the judges don't inform of her of those performing problems.
    Yeah, the judges were WORTHLESS this week. I don't think there was ONE constructive comment out of the 33 given. Are Paula/Randy/Simon PURPOSELY not giving advice. Because c'mon, it's not that hard to think of some tips for each person.

It seems like the judges want to keep the tips secret now.

FORT Newbie
    I didn't even like this girl up til her last performance of the Heart song. Have you guys even heard the original before? She out-sang it and her voice was really powerful.

I want to like Carrie - I really do! But so far all I can remember is how she messed up on the Janis Joplin song! Maybe someone will read this thread and pass along some advice?

Simon was told tonight that it was too soon to predict that Carrie would win! Do you think Paula and Randy were sincere?

Seeing Jessica's performance again made me appreciate her efforts!

SkinLover.WildLover. BlondeHottie69's Avatar
    I think Carrie is a rockstar! She needs to be a little more outgoing. Her clothes are always bland. Just needs to loosen up a little. Show some skin -- its 2005 fpr crying outloud.

If Anwar can't ever find a shirt, Carrie can find a smaller one.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-25-2005 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Yeah, the judges were WORTHLESS this week. I don't think there was ONE constructive comment out of the 33 given. Are Paula/Randy/Simon PURPOSELY not giving advice. Because c'mon, it's not that hard to think of some tips for each person.

It seems like the judges want to keep the tips secret now.
    I think they are now after 3 plus seasons cliched out. You were pitchy, that was the wrong song for you, you are to young for this competition, you sang a song that is to old for you, & my favorite, that was an ambitious choice for you. I'm having trouble remembering any constructive critiques given to any contestant yet.

FORT Fogey
    Its interesting that people are bringing up La Toya. When I read some remarks about Carrie being boring I thought that it reminded me of last year when people said LaToy had a great voice but was boring and therefore shouldnt win. I believe Carrie has a pretty good voice and is pretty boring. The difference between Carrie and LaToya is that I atleast thought LaToya had a sense of stage presence while Carrie sits their and sing with a blank stare.

That being said, Carrie is what this competition has been looking for all this time. A relatively attractive, blond, girl, with a pretty good voice, not too overly stylized in her voice and look (compare to Nadia, Anwar, Bo), young, a pop-country sound that is attractive in a Faith Hill sort of way (i cant see another R&B person winning this year) and a down-home-sweet-country-middle-america palatable image thats highly marketable and a blank slate for those industry people to work with. Kelly came close but I think Carrie is even closer. This is what Simon has wanted (remember him giving Carmen a wild card pick? she just didnt have the pipes to carry it far enough).

Oh and that second paragraph wasnt a compliment. Carrie is a safe pick for American Idol and more than likely will win.

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    Carrie is a safe pick for American Idol and more than likely will win.
    Yet, the history of AI winners has not been particularly "safe," ie. the conventionally pretty blond girl or boy has lost out to Ruben and Fantasia.

I agree, tho, Simon has always seemed to yearn for the conventional. I suspect that's why he voted against the off-beat Bo early in the competition. If Bo and Carrie wind up in the final 2, I find it hard to believe that the remote Carrie could beat the warm, connected Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by porky pig
    I also had goosebumps when she sang "Alone" (and "Could've Been" from a couple of episodes ago). She has the best voice of the lot. I think with a little training and coaching in terms of "stage performance", she can be a great star, we still have a few weeks to go, let's give her a chance.

I can't vote for her since I don't live in the US, so US-based Carrie fans, VOTE FOR HER!!!
    When i listened to her performance 2 nights ago, i realized that she could sing any song if she wanted to. It was a difficult song to approach, and she sang it FLAWLESSLY. I had goosebumps as well when she sang, and she even inspired me. She's beautiful inside and out. She isnt a boring country singer like many, and her voice is amazing. Today at school, the song was completely stuck in my head. If she had realeased it, i would buy it no matter the cost. It was a great song selection, and I believe simon's comment about her winning and winning BIG is a big sign. She'll make it far, and i hope she wins the whole thing. I dont live in the us either ; [canada], but i hope everyone votes for her too.
    Go Kahlen, Christina, Rebecca, Michelle, Naima & [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Tatiana[/COLOR].

+ Reply to Thread