+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2239997;
    Those people who didn't give Carrie any credit were the ones that liked Bo over her which is fine, but get over it!
    Not all of us who liked Bo over her aren't giving her credit. I loved both of them, but preferred Bo. I just didn't like country music. Carrie has changed that for me. I absolutely adore her and think she is a great role model for young kids. I wasn't mad when she won because I loved her voice.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Carrie Underwood won all those awards.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2240014;
    Not all of us who liked Bo over her aren't giving her credit. I loved both of them, but preferred Bo. I just didn't like country music. Carrie has changed that for me. I absolutely adore her and think she is a great role model for young kids. I wasn't mad when she won because I loved her voice.

Same here! I was a Bo fan all the way but I still liked Carrie....it was obvious she had great potential and just because Bo lost didn't mean that I wasn't happy for Carrie!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2239345;
    She is one of the few American idol winners to actually be really really successful, and I think Chris Daughtery will end up being really successful.
    There's only been 5 so far and 2 out of the 5 are superstars.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2240014;
    Not all of us who liked Bo over her aren't giving her credit. I loved both of them, but preferred Bo.
    Sorry, I was just speaking for this one board, 95% of the people on there felt that way about Carrie. Happy she proved them wrong and very annoyed they still cannot give her credit.

Liked Bo very much too, he improved after the first few rounds of competition, continually got better and better.

razorbacker..... I heard on the radio that Carrie has enjoyed a 64% residual jump in sales this week after the Grammys. Very good, considering the audience.

(As an aside, the Dixie Chicks have seen an 800+% rise... but they had far greater room to grow. I'm very happy for both!)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2240115;
    razorbacker..... I heard on the radio that Carrie has enjoyed a 64% residual jump in sales this week after the Grammys. Very good, considering the audience.

(As an aside, the Dixie Chicks have seen an 800+% rise... but they had far greater room to grow. I'm very happy for both!)
    We won't see those figures until next weeks charts though, the sales week closed before the Grammy's . But, estimates for this week also look to be an increase over last week, smaller but an increase none the less.

The sales totals are in for the week & Carrie is at #19 on the Billboard Top 200, another week in the Top 20, & #2 on the Country Charts behind the new release by Jason Michael Carrol. This was an 18% increase over last week & next week promises to see a big boost as well. She is nearing the 4.9 million total & should pass that next week with the expected Grammy boost.

19 CARRIE UNDERWOOD SOME HEARTS 38173 Total 4860105

Wasted has moved into the #10 position on the Country Charts & still has the biggest bullet of all songs. Will it be the her next #1? No one is catching up from behind to quickly, but she isn’t catching up to those ahead of her very quickly either, so it will be interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2240054;
    There's only been 5 so far and 2 out of the 5 are superstars.
    There is also one non-winner, that is winning awards for her acting ability. Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson have had an amazing year.
    Last edited by Cornedbeef; 02-14-2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Added sentence

what an amazing year for Carrie!

I guess Simon was right....

+ Reply to Thread