+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 423 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Newbie

carrie!!??!!!???? the all right phonomenon

carrie has a unique personality.
    however, i'm not really into that country-style. it's just not me. which means she's all right (look at title) but not right for american idol finalist.
    i don't like her hair.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    That goes ditto for me!!!! Carrie does not ring my bell!!!
    Ditto for me three. She is this year's LaToya London. Technically perfect, but not enough charisma and showmanship. I want to like her, as she is a front runner, but I can't get excited over her for some reason.

I have tip my hat to her last night though-- the song choice was brilliant. Heart used to sing these love ballads that will stop you in your tracks. Alone has to be one of my favorite songs-- Nancy Wilson's vocals are so powerful.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I will not try to compare her to Ann in this song like was done for Piece of my Heart... but she pulled it off. I would like to see her give a lil more to her performances, and try to connect with the audience.

She had a shocked/scared look last night and still turned out a boring performance even if she sang the song well enough. Some one said earlier and maybe in another thread, Ann Wilson makes singing look and sound effortless. Carrie has to work too hard at her stage presence. Her hair was not a help in this

She however, did try to break away from the Country she feels shes settled in and I do give her her due for that.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Ditto for me three. She is this year's LaToya London. Technically perfect, but not enough charisma and showmanship. I want to like her, as she is a front runner, but I can't get excited over her for some reason.

I have tip my hat to her last night though-- the song choice was brilliant. Heart used to sing these love ballads that will stop you in your tracks. Alone has to be one of my favorite songs-- Nancy Wilson's vocals are so powerful.
    Perhaps she can break the LaToya London technical curse. Let's see how she connects in future shows.

I disagree...LaToya was such a blatant camera hog, mugging every chance she gets and reeking of something...

Carrie just looks guarded and trying too much to "do a job" at times to me. Not the same thing at all.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    Carrie has to work too hard at her stage presence. Her hair was not a help in this
    "Over-the-top" was used a lot this week. Someone should have told Carrie to tone down that hair, looking like the Lion King.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohoo102
    "Over-the-top" was used a lot this week. Someone should have told Carrie to tone down that hair, looking like the Lion King.
    I think she did the hair to replicate the '80s Wilson hair-band look. She succeeded.

I liked her performance alot this week, i thought previous weeks she was good vocally, but overall her performances were just ok, they just werent that great, but this week i really enjoyed her performance...but i dunno about her becoming the best AI and all that stuff simon said cuz i don' t think she has much else going for her than her talent, she doesn't have enough star quality to me so for now i think Kelly's gonna be the most successful....unless vonzell wins this year, she'll outsell kelly..lol.

I also had goosebumps when she sang "Alone" (and "Could've Been" from a couple of episodes ago). She has the best voice of the lot. I think with a little training and coaching in terms of "stage performance", she can be a great star, we still have a few weeks to go, let's give her a chance.

I can't vote for her since I don't live in the US, so US-based Carrie fans, VOTE FOR HER!!!

Carrie is gorgeous, but overrated. I don't mean to judge her, but to me, it doesn't seem like there is much to her. She seems slightly surface. Not that I would prefer her to act more like Mikalah (BOOO!!), but she just kinda floats around out there with a spaced-out-i-am-so-good-but-i-am-playing-the-farm-girl-part demeanor.

+ Reply to Thread