+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I think everyone is going to be more than a little surprised at Carries appearance & performances on the Grammy’s. First it was reported on the blog of one of the members of Rascal Flatts that they & Carrie would be doing a joint tribute to Country Rock, but it seems to have evolved a bit beyond that. It appears as though the tribute is going to include everything form Bob Wills to Don Henley. Carrie & the Flatts are reportedly going to be doing Life in the Fast Lane in tribute to Henley. And then someone found the following blurb. It was posted on Johnny Gimbles website. It seems as though Carrie will be joining Ray Benson & Johnny Gimble of Asleep at the Wheel for San Antonio Rose in tribute to Bob Wills.

February 11, '07
    49th Grammy
    Awards
    Johnny is not up for an award this time,but he's going to get a coupla minutes to Swing on San Antonio Rose w/ Carrie Underwood!

After weeks & weeks of rumors, & more secretive info than the nuclear days during WW2, we now have confirmation of the Grammy performance. Looks like Carrie will have a long time on stage. It's also nice to see her credit AI, & her whole team for contributing to her success.

Rascal Flatts and Carrie pay musical tribute on Grammys

By BEVERLY KEEL

LOS ANGELES — In the past week, Grammy promos on CBS have boasted a duet between Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts, but that's stretching things a bit.

"We are onstage at the same time; we are near each other," Carrie says. "We are doing a joint collaboration, but it's not a duet."

As of Friday, the two acts will perform a tribute to Bob Wills and Don Henley at Sunday's Grammy show. Carrie kicks things off with "San Antonio Rose" and will be backed by musicians Johnny Gimble and Ray Benson. It will then transition into Rascal Flatts singing "Hotel California." Next Carrie sings "Desperado," followed by Flatts' "Life in the Fast Lane," which Carrie will join near the end. Reba McEntire will introduce the tribute.

Carrie is more nervous about performing than winning or losing awards. "The awards are what they are; people vote on them and there's nothing I can do to change anything there. But getting up onstage and singing, maybe I can change people's minds about something. You don't want to screw up, especially on the Grammys."

Coming to L.A. meant a return to the scene of the crime — the American Idol win that propelled her into super-stardom. "It's always amazing to be back, especially as I keep moving forward and getting to do more and more wonderful things that all came from Idol. It's kind of a homecoming, but a look at all the stuff that my whole team has accomplished throughout the past year and a half."

High on her agenda Friday was shopping for diamonds with stylist Trish Townsend. "We've got the dresses, we've got the shoes and bags, but we don't have the diamonds yet."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....0501/702100326

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I look forward to hearing her sing "Desperado"....I still wish they would have a Eagles theme night on AI

Here's some pics of Carrie at the Soul of Country pre-Grammy party.....Does this girl ever take a bad picture???!

Carrie with Porter Waggoner (love the Bass Pro Shop tag inside his jacket )and Marty Stuart, who was the host of the event.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Carrie deserves all this attention. What a gal!

Thanks to bbnbama and razorbacker for all the great pix and info.

Carrie Underwood is very photogenic, but I'm not crazy about the dress.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-10-2007 at 02:49 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2236189;
    Carrie Underwood is very photogenic, but I'm not crazy about the dress.
    Oh, I may not always like what she's wearing but she never fails to make anything look good!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I actually think the dress is adorable... but would rather have seen it paired with something other than a white belt. Red or silver would have looked stunning.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fan
    I think the Grammys will boost her sales too. With the "Wasted" video set to debut anyday, I think she'll pass up Kelly in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by cntmfan;2236292;
    I think the Grammys will boost her sales too. With the "Wasted" video set to debut anyday, I think she'll pass up Kelly in sales.
    The Wasted video was released to CMT & GAC 3 days ago. It is in black & white, very artsy, & she is stunning as always. I believe it is available to stream on CMT.com.

March 10th is Carries Birthday. Check out the battle of the titans planned for Nashville on that day. All in good fun & all for Charity. Good for them.

http://nashvillenewsletter.wordpress...ith-round-two/

Quote:
    It looks as If Carrie Underwood and Faith Hill are taking Country music’s favorite cat-spat to the Basketball court. Promoters have anounced that Underwood and Hill will be the marquee matchup for this years annual “Hoops for the Homeless” charity one on one basketball tournament in Nashville on March 10.
    Faith Hill who has been recovering from a fall she took while performing in January released the following statement to the media; “Im all healed up and looking forward to the game” and went on to say; “Taking into consideration the whole CMA situation I think this is a great oppurtunity to turn a negative into something positive”.
    Other notables scheduled to participate include; Kenny Chesney,Martina Mcbride,Trace Adkins,Sara Evans,JoDee Messina and Tim Mcgraw.

+ Reply to Thread