+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

So the weeks sales totals & chart positions are official. It is another week in the Top 20 for Some Hearts as the album lands at #14. Carrie still has the #1 album on the Country Charts, this makes the 22nd week that she has had this spot, and if I am not mistaken also marks the 43rd week in the Top 20 of the Billboard Top 200. That is pretty good stuff for the 63rd week of release.

14 Carrie Underwood-Some Hearts 32,414 total: 4,789,464

And there is this interesting tidbit from MTV on the battle for sales supremacy between Carrie & Nickleback.

MTV.com article
    ______________________________ __________
    "While it's the battle for #1 that attracts the most attention each week, there's another race unfolding on Billboard's weekly chart: Nickelback vs. Carrie Underwood, in a fight for the "Best-Selling Album in the Top 200" title. The two heavyweights have been playing a heated game of tug-of-war these last few months, with the scales tipping in one or the other's favor from week to week. This time out, Nickelback are the victors, having sold close to 4,792,291 million copies of their latest All the Right Reasons, with Underwood's Some Hearts moving 4,789,464 units — a mere 3,000 and change making the difference. We'll have to wait a week to see who comes out on top in the next round." MTV.com

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/155...hooNewscrawler

On the Wasted front, as I suspected the song has hit the Top 20. As of this morning it is at #20 with the biggest airplay gain of any song on the charts. Looks like the sky is once again the limit & the sky is going to be reached very early, considering the official adds date was supposed to be Feb. 5.

Carrie is scheduled for another appearance on the Grand Ol Opry for those of you that might be in the area.

http://www.opry.com/TicketsAndInformation/Calendar.aspx

3/2 Grand Ole Opry House Carrie Underwood, Craig Morgan, Sunny Sweeney

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    This item could actually go in either Carrie's or Kellie's thread!

You can go to CMT and vote for the CMT music awards. Carrie is up for several and Kellie is up for Breakthrough artist.

Be sure to go and vote.......

Vote for CMT awards!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2224909;
    This item could actually go in either Carrie's or Kellie's thread!

You can go to CMT and vote for the CMT music awards. Carrie is up for several and Kellie is up for Breakthrough artist.

Be sure to go and vote.......

Vote for CMT awards!
    Here are the one's Carrie is up for.

Best video of the year; awarded to the artist (male, female, group/duo or collaboration).
    • "A Little Too Late" Toby Keith
    • "Before He Cheats" Carrie Underwood
    • "Not Ready to Make Nice" Dixie Chicks
    • "Once in a Lifetime" Keith Urban
    • "The Seashores of Old Mexico" George Strait
    • "Want To" Sugarland
    • "What Hurts the Most" Rascal Flatts
    • "You Save Me" Kenny Chesney

•

Best video by a female artist; awarded to the artist.
    • "Before He Cheats" Carrie Underwood
    • "California Girls" Gretchen Wilson
    • "Finding My Way Back Home" Lee Ann Womack
    • "Love Needs a Holiday" Reba McEntire
    • "Some People" LeAnn Rimes
    • "Stealing Kisses" Faith Hill
    • "Tim McGraw" Taylor Swift
    • "You'll Always Be My Baby" Sara Evans

Video with the best direction (video that best captures the mood, tempo and intensity of the song); awarded to the video director for work on a specific video and accepted by the director and the artist.
    • Paul Boyd"Life Ain't Always Beautiful" Gary Allan
    • Wes Edwards"Amarillo Sky" Jason Aldean
    • David McClister"Some People" LeAnn Rimes
    • Charles Mehling"Long Trip Alone" Dierks Bentley
    • Sophie Mulller"Not Ready to Make Nice" Dixie Chicks
    • Sophie Muller"Stealing Kisses" Faith Hill
    • Shaun Silva"You Save Me" Kenny Chesney
    • Roman White"Before He Cheats" Carrie Underwood

Personaly I think the girl would look good in a burlap sack & hirachi sandals, but I guess they aren't going that route.

Underwood getting red-carpet ready for Grammy Awards

By BEVERLY KEEL

Thanks to stylist Trish Townsend, multiple Grammy nominee Carrie Underwood is almost ready for her big night at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Feb. 11.

"We've just about got everything picked out," Carrie says. And that's no small feat considering the number of outfits required — she'll don about four on Grammy night alone, and Trish is packing eight — and the pressure from the fashion critics to look good. She'll also attend the exclusive Clive Davis party and other Grammy-related events this week. "You want to look pretty and classy," Carrie says. "Of course you want to get good reviews, but mostly you want to feel pretty and be comfortable.

"You feel great when you feel like you look the best you can look."

Carrie is expected to wear Badgley Mischka on the red carpet but hasn't made a decision on the outfit or two she'll wear onstage. "I've got another gorgeous dress I might throw in after she performs for a little more of a comfort level," Trish says. "Sometimes you wear your carpet dress and get bound up in it. I do have a couple of more in my back pocket."

The two will shop in L.A. for diamonds to accessorize her dresses. "She is going to be gorgeous," Trish says. "I am so excited!"

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....0501/702040409

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

This was actually something that appeared in papers/industry magazines, etc back in December. Beautiful as always!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Today is Feb. 5th. This is the original day that Arista was asking radio stations to add Wasted to their playlists. However, so many stations jumped the gun & so many requests were coming in that the label relented & began to send the radio cut out for stations consideration. So, today, Feb. 5th the song sits at #14 on the Country charts. Country radio supports Carrie in an almost fanatical manner.

By the way it has been announced via Super Bowl commercials & other means that Carrie will be teaming up with Rascal Flatts at the Grammys for a tribute to Country Rock. The two hottest & biggest selling artists in Country music, together again, for the first time since the AI finale should be a pretty good showcase for the genre.

Thanks for the info Razor, you're terrific!

I was wondering what a "radio cut" was and how it differs from single or a single off of a cd?

I've never seen a bad picture of Carrie. She is truly beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2230673;
    Thanks for the info Razor, you're terrific!

I was wondering what a "radio cut" was and how it differs from single or a single off of a cd?

I've never seen a bad picture of Carrie. She is truly beautiful.
    In the radio cut, they have shortened the ending & faded out the vocals. It reduces the play time from over 4 minutes to a more radio friendly 3 1/2.

This is the first Press Release about this Summers CMA Music Fest in Nashville. It is a long article & full of info, so I won’t post the whole thing. But here are some of the highlights. Note the billing for Carrie;

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Feb. 6, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 11 Year Absence, Reba McEntire Returns To Perform At 2007 CMA Music Festival

McEntire Joined by an Impressive Slate of Stars Including Carrie Underwood, The Wreckers, Sugarland, Martina McBride, Little Big Town, Jason Aldean, and More

NASHVILLE – CMA Music Festival, winner of the International Entertainment Buyers Association’s 2006 LIVE! Award for Festival of the Year, is the ultimate destination for music lovers. Four days, 30 hours of autograph signings, 70 hours of live music, 400 Country Music artists and celebrities, and more than 161,000 fans add up to one major musical charity event: 2007 CMA Music Festival, held Thursday through Sunday, June 7-10, in Downtown Nashville.

Dubbed the “crown jewel” of Country Music festivals by USA Today, CMA Music Festival builds on the reputation of Fan Fair®, which was created exclusively for the fans in 1972. And 36 years later, the unique relationship between Country Music artists and their admirers remains at the heart of CMA Music Festival. Each June, the artists take time out of their busy touring schedules to play for free, meet fans, sign autographs, and pose for photos to give back to the people and community that have supported them throughout the year. Proceeds from the Festival are donated on behalf of the artists to CMA’s charity campaign, “Keep the Music Playing,” to support music education in Metro Nashville’s public schools.

Music, Broadway, television, and film superstar Reba McEntire makes her highly-anticipated return to the Festival after an 11-year absence. She last participated in the event in 1996 when Fan Fair was still at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds and audiences were capped at 25,000 people due to space limitations.

“I am thrilled for the opportunity to perform at the CMA Music Festival,” said McEntire. “It’s been eleven years since I’ve had a chance to be in Nashville for this amazing week, and the CMA has done a great job of growing the event during that time. I’m looking forward to being a part of it all once again.”

The growing lineup of artists participating in CMA Music Festival also includes Jason Aldean; Little Big Town; Martina McBride; Sugarland; The Wreckers, in their debut appearance at the Festival; and current CMA Female Vocalist of the Year and Horizon Award winner Carrie Underwood.

Other artists scheduled to perform include Bomshel, Catherine Britt, Luke Bryan, Sonny Burgess, Carolina Rain, Eric Church, Cole Deggs & the Lonesome, Heartland, Jypsi, Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Blaine Larsen, The Lost Trailers, Neal McCoy, The Oak Ridge Boys, Jamie O’Neal, Jake Owen, Danielle Peck, Pirates of the Mississippi, Pam Tillis, and Chris Young. Additional artists will be announced in the coming weeks.

“The Country Music industry first welcomed me into their community at the CMA Music Festival in 2005 and since then my peers and my fans have been so gracious,” said Underwood. “I cannot wait to see my fans and meet and create new ones at this year’s event. See you in June!”

And if you want to read the whole thing here is the link:

http://cmafest.com/2007/general/pres...=599&year=2007

+ Reply to Thread