+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I like Carrie much better with her shorter hair. I also think she looks much better with a little more weight on her, she's too thin now, 10 extra pounds would look very good on her.

Roman White is the guy that has directed all of Carries music videos so far. Here is his website:

And here is what he said about the just completed video for Wasted.

By the way check back later. A little birdie tells me the paparrazi was hiding in the bushes during this shoot & caught some great candid shots. Another little birdie assures me that some of those shots will be posted here later this evening:

http://www.romanwhite.com/?p=42

I just returned home from shooting Carrie Underwood’s new music video for her fast-climbing single “Wasted,” and we once again had a fantastic time. It was incredibly warm and gorgeous, shooting in several locations including the amazing white sand beaches of Fort Desoto. If you’ve never been here you should totally visit. It is hailed as the number one beach in America and I can see why after spending the day there and watching one of the most beautiful sunsets ever.

It was a long day, but we got TONS of incredible footage and I laughed nonstop. It’s really wonderful working with people you respect who also feel like family. Of course I returned home covered in mosquito bites, but it will be worth it. I just have to adjust to the freezing cold temperatures of Nashville again.

The new video is going to be amazing, and I can’t wait until it’s released! Carrie was amazing, we all had a fantastic time and I was once again reminded how lucky I am. Look for the new video soon on GAC and CMT!
    Last edited by razorbacker; 01-23-2007 at 03:14 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Here's some of those pictures that razor was talking about:

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan
    Carrie looks incredibly sexy and beautiful in that white dress!

What really impressed me of Carrie, is how strong she is performing even after 2 years after AI4. Look at Taylor and Katherine, they've barely even made it through the starting gate after their AI5 win.

It was a long day, but we got TONS of incredible footage and I laughed nonstop. It’s really wonderful working with people you respect who also feel like family. Of course I returned home covered in mosquito bites, but it will be worth it. I just have to adjust to the freezing cold temperatures of Nashville again.

The new video is going to be amazing, and I can’t wait until it’s released! Carrie was amazing, we all had a fantastic time and I was once again reminded how lucky I am. Look for the new video soon on GAC and CMT!
    I'm looking forward to it too!

Those pictures are great too. Carrie is such a stuning girl!

Some Hearts has jumped back into the Top 10 on the Billboard Top 200 ending the week at #9 & selling over 32,000 units. The album has once again landed at the top of the Country charts for the 21st week. Just think what may happen once the Grammy buzz & post performance sales begin to kick in, especially if she takes home an award or two.

9 CARRIE UNDERWOOD SOME HEARTS 33,094 Total 4,757,050

On the singles front Wasted remains at #26 with a huge increase in airplay & audience impressions. Not all stations are playing the song yet & there are a bunch of other songs ahead of her that have lost their bullets, so Wasted should be Top 20 by this time next week. A nice slow rise will allow enough time to lapse so that they should be able to release the first single from the new album as her next single.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed;2214515;
    I'm looking forward to it too!

Those pictures are great too. Carrie is such a stuning girl!
    Most, if not all, of this video is going to be in Black & White. Carrie was quoted as saying it's a good thing too. Because if it was in color it would show how embarrassed & red in the face she was due to flirting with the guy that she didn't know.

This is from Launch, but evidently it will be in the next issue of Billboard, I just can’t find it at Billboard online. But, it’s a pretty nice review regardless.

http://au.launch.yahoo.com/070126/11/12k9w.html

Billboard single reviews: Underwood
    (Reuters, Saturday January 27, 7:44 AM)
    ARTIST: CARRIE UNDERWOOD
    SINGLE: WASTED
    NEW YORK (Billboard) - The Carrie Underwood juggernaut continues with another surefire hit. The fourth single from "Some Hearts," the five-times-platinum debut album, is about taking the hard steps necessary to lead a better life. The first verse finds a woman exiting a failed relationship. In the second, a man pours whiskey down the drain and faces the future with clear eyes. This song exemplifies the kind of taut, well-crafted lyrics that make Nashville the songwriting capital. Underwood wraps that velvet voice around the lyric and drives home the message of determination and hope with a beautiful performance.

I was just reminded of something interesting that maybe some of you didn't realise. Since Carrie once again has the #1 album on the Country charts that means that Some Hearts has held the #1 spot in parts of 2005, 2006, & 2007. Now that is what the industry refers to as having legs.

The new TV Guide weighs in on Carries chances of winning the Best New Artist Grammy. Here's what they have to say.

Best New Artist:

Will Win: A surprisingly solid group in a category known for it's misfires. Carrie Underwood is the best bet for a big time future career.

Should Win: With one of the years best selling albums, Underwood has proven that she's more than just some reality show winner. She earned this one.

They also say Jesus Take the Wheel SHOULD WIN for Song of the Year, but probably won't. That award is for the songwriter not the artist.

+ Reply to Thread