+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Newbie
    Thanks, razorbacker for the article. I like that Carrie does realize that she is still not ready for song writing and willing to learn, and also not pushing to have her name added to the writing credits.

Leo
    Premium Member
    And she's spending time with songwriters such as Hillary Lindsey, Rivers Rutherford and Brett James.
    I defer to the country music experts. How good are they as songwriters?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2208425;
    I defer to the country music experts. How good are they as songwriters?
    Hillary Lindsey & Brett James were co-writers on Jesus Take The Wheel.

Hillary has also written Backseat Of A Greyhound Bus which was a big hit for Sara Evans, Blessed for Martina McBride which hit #1. She has written songs that have been recorded by Faith Hill, Lee Ann Womack, & Trisha Yearwood among many others. She is quite prolific & has many hits to her credit. There is an ASCAP listing for a song called Louisiana written by Hillary & performed by Carrie, so it looks like Louisiana may be included on Carries next album.

Brett James has written such big hits as Drugs or Jesus for Tim McGraw, You Save Me for Kenny Chesney, Stay With Me for Josh Gracin, & Feels Just Like It Should for Pat Green. So I think we can say Brett is also pretty accomplished with quite a few hits under his belt.

Rivers Rutherford was represented on the Some Hearts album with While We’re Young & Beautiful. He has been named the ASCAP songwriter of the year, & has written such hits as Homewrecker for Gretchen Wilson, Living In Fast Forward for Kenny Chesney, When I Get Where I’m Going, for Brad Paisley & featuring Dolly Parton (the CMA Music Event of the Year this year), When The Lights Go Down for Faith Hill, & She Don’t Tell Me To for Montgomery/Gentry.

So Carrie is once again going to be in the hands of the best that Nashville has to offer.

Here is the latest Press Release announcing Carrie as a performer at the Grammy’s. If you go to www.grammy.com. Her picture is even on their homepage.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...72&newsLang=en

January 18, 2007 07:26 AM Eastern Time
    Multi-Nominees Christina Aguilera, Mary J. Blige, Ludacris, Justin Timberlake and Carrie Underwood to Perform on 49th Annual GRAMMY® Awards
    The Black Eyed Peas, Ciara and Nelly Furtado Added to Presenter Lineup for Music's Biggest Night™ on CBS Sunday, Feb. 11
    SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Christina Aguilera, Mary J. Blige, Ludacris, Justin Timberlake, and Carrie Underwood will perform on the 49th Annual GRAMMY® Awards telecast, it was announced today by The Recording Academy®. The Black Eyed Peas, Ciara, and Nelly Furtado will appear as presenters. Previously announced performers include Beyoncé, the Dixie Chicks, Gnarls Barkley and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Previously announced presenters include Terrence Howard, Samuel L. Jackson, P!nk, and Rihanna. The music industry's premier event will take place live on Sunday, Feb. 11, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast in HDTV and 5.1 Surround Sound on the CBS Television Network at 8 p.m. (ET/PT). The show also will be supported on radio via Westwood One worldwide and XM Satellite Radio, and covered online at GRAMMY.yahoo.com. Additional performers, presenters and special segments will be announced soon.
    Leading the pack with eight GRAMMY nominations, three-time GRAMMY winner Mary J. Blige is up for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Best R&B Song, and Best Female R&B Vocal Performance for "Be Without You," Best R&B Album for The Breakthrough, Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals (Jamie Foxx featuring Mary J. Blige for "Love Changes"), Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals (with U2 for "One"), and Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance ("I Found My Everything").
    With four nominations, two-time GRAMMY winner Justin Timberlake (who will perform solo and with the My GRAMMY Moment winner) vies for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album for FutureSex/LoveSounds, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "My Love" featuring T.I., and Best Dance Recording for "Sexyback."
    Also with four nods, GRAMMY winner Ludacris is up for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "Unpredictable" with Jamie Foxx, Best Rap Performance By A Duo or Group for "Georgia" (with Field Mob and featuring Jaime Foxx), Best Rap Album for Release Therapy and Best Rap Song for "Moneymaker."
    Three-time GRAMMY winner Christina Aguilera has two nods: Best Female Pop Vocal Peformance for "Ain't No Other Man," and Best Pop Vocal Album for Back to Basics.
    Country superstar Carrie Underwood also has two noms: Best New Artist, and Best Country Female Vocal Performance for "Jesus, Take The Wheel."
    The 49th Annual GRAMMY Awards are produced by John Cossette Productions in association with Ken Ehrlich Productions for The Recording Academy. Ken Ehrlich and John Cossette are executive producers, Walter C. Miller is producer/director, Tisha Fein is the coordinating producer, David Wild is the writer, and Tzvi Small is supervising producer. Musical directors for the telecast and pre-telecast are Rickey Minor and Larry Batiste, respectively.
    Established in 1957, the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, Inc., also known as The Recording Academy, is an organization of musicians, producers, engineers and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers. Internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards, The Recording Academy is responsible for groundbreaking professional development, cultural enrichment, advocacy, education and human services programs — including the creation of the national public education campaign What's The Download® (WhatsTheDownload.com). For more information about The Academy, please visit www.grammy.com.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Here are some pictures from the ASCAP ceremony: (On a purely superficial note Looks like Carrie's cut her hair...I like it!)

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I have to admit that this one is a bit of a head shaker. Kind of creepy, kind of interesting, kind of intriguing. The Red Hot Carrie Peppers.

http://wkrn.com/nashville/news/chili...star/72373.htm

"Chili Peppers' Drummer Crushes On Country Star"
    The drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers is leaving town with a sprained wrist and a crush on a country star. The Chili Peppers rocked a nearly sold-out GEC Wednesday night .

On Thursday, drummer Chad Smith stopped by the Musicians' Hall of Fame to meet fans and to see his exhibit there. White carousing in town Wednesday night, Smith sprained his wrist and has a tough time signing autographs.

Smith played on the last Dixie Chicks’ album because famed rock producer Rick Rubin works with both groups. Smith said he would also like to work with country star Carrie Underwood adding he thinks...she’s cute.

While at the museum, Smith donated a tube sock, something only Chili Peppers fans will get the significance.

In other entertainment news, Dierks Bentley has shaved his signature curls for his latest music video for the song “Long Trip Alone.”

Also, while you probably haven't heard of him, on Music Row, steel guitar player Lloyd Green is a super-star. He has played on more than 100 number-one country hits, and Lloyd has also played with the Byrd’s and Paul McCartney.

Green hasn't played a live club gig in more than two decades, but Friday night he will play at the Station Inn. Green isplaying the first full-band gig for Peter Cooper who in addition to being a music critic, he's a musician and a singer-songwriter.

The show will begin at 8:30 p.m. Friday.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    While at the museum, Smith donated a tube sock, something only Chili Peppers fans will get the significance.
    For those that aren't Chili Pepper fans, and I'm not really but I do know the significance, the Peppers (which consist of all men) wore a tube sock on a certain part of their anatomy during a video. For all I know they could have done the same thing during a concert performance but I definitely know they did during a video!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2211075;
    For those that aren't Chili Pepper fans, and I'm not really but I do know the significance, the Peppers (which consist of all men) wore a tube sock on a certain part of their anatomy during a video. For all I know they could have done the same thing during a concert performance but I definitely know they did during a video!
    I had a feeling that's what they were for!

The band will be appearing at the Grammys so the Pepper who is hot for Carrie will finally get to meet her.

I love her new 'do. A little too much mascara, though.

Bbnbama and wisgalb always get the best gossip (er, news) for AI.

Carrie posted a personal note on her fanclub site but out of respect to her I won’t copy it here, but I will fill you in on a bit of what she said.

Saturday she was in the Tampa area to shoot the video for Wasted. Sounds like the water & the beach will be included.

She also mentioned her Grammy performance & wouldn’t tell anything about what she will be singing, so it should be interesting to say the least. I’m not even sure at this time if her band is still together or if she will use the Grammy band. It has all lead to much speculation, there are even rumors of a duet, but nothing has been confirmed & Carrie ain’t saying.

She is in the process of meeting with songwriters & listening to songs in preparation for the next album, this will go on for the next couple of weeks at least.

That’s all for now, but it’s nice that she posts these things, & she is always humble & thankful to all her fans & supporters.

I didn't see this posted in this thread. It's dated 1/18 from The Tennessean. According to Carrie she's not "with" Tony Romo.
    For Carrie Underwood, fame brings false rumors of romance

By BEVERLY KEEL

Carrie Underwood says her success has resulted in false rumors being reported in the press, including the report that she's dating Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

"I have read some of the most ridiculous things about that," she says of reports that she's dating Tony. "The first time I ever met him was on Christmas, right there on the field. Everybody was like, 'Ooh, they are together.' And then I was blamed for Dallas not winning that game. . . . He is a very nice guy and I've talked to him a few times, but we are very much not together."

An Illinois newspaper reported that Tony said it was true that the two were dating. (Her publicist, who says Carrie is not dating anyone, presumes Romo was joking.) "That was one person from one local newspaper that said that, so whether or not . . .," Carrie says. "I've read 'sources said' we met on Thanksgiving. I had no clue who he was at that time. He is probably getting a little tired of that one (the false rumor he was dating Jessica Simpson) and now he's probably tired of this one, as I am."

She says the press has also incorrectly reported on her weight loss and products she uses. For the record, she now weighs 110 pounds, down from 125-130 pounds during her American Idol days. There hasn't been a rumor bad enough for her to proactively correct, and she now has a Web site to communicate directly with fans.

"It's really strange to read things about yourself because 90 percent of the time they are not true," she says. "But I am getting more used to it. . . . The exposure is never bad, but it is really interesting to pick up a magazine and they are critiquing something or sources say, 'A pal says.' I don't have that many pals, and any pals I have wouldn't really talk to people about my personal life."

On Wednesday, Carrie attended No. 1 parties at ASCAP to honor the songwriters of her hits Don't Forget to Remember Me and Before He Cheats. She's working on her second album and recording at a more relaxed pace than she did for her first one, which was released quickly to capitalize on her American Idol popularity.

And she's spending time with songwriters such as Hillary Lindsey, Rivers Rutherford and Brett James. "I honestly don't even know if I'm going to be very good at writing, but it's definitely something I would like to develop. I'm not insistent that I have to have X number of songs on my album."
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../ENTERTAINMENT

+ Reply to Thread