+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;2203408;
    Razorbacker, why isn't Taylor Hicks on this list? Is it just timing with when his album was released?
    Yeah, Taylor & Fantasia released albums after this update.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Billboard

Exclusive: Underwood Getting Busy On New Album

January 12, 2007, 10:20 AM ET
    Ken Tucker, Nashville

With her Arista debut, "Some Hearts," recently having been certified quintuple platinum for U.S. shipments of 5 million copies, Carrie Underwood will get busy on her next album after the Feb. 11 Grammys. "We're getting songs together and writing stuff in the next couple of weeks, because I didn't really want to jump into anything until we knew what direction we were going in," she tells Billboard in an exclusive interview on newsstands today (Jan. 12).

Asked if she planned to take a more active role in the songwriting on the new album, Underwood said, "I would like to. I'm very realistic about the whole situation. I know that some [artists] think they are really awesome writers and they are not -- I'm the opposite. I just want to go in and try, and if nothing more, I go in with the writers and they get a sense of what I would like to sing about. I'm looking forward to being more involved, but I'm very realistic that I might not be any good."

Underwood, who was quickly embraced by country fans after winning "American Idol" in May 2005, said she's in no hurry to dabble in other styles. "If there were a great collaboration going on, I would definitely be interested, but I really, really like being a part of country music -- and hopefully they like having me -- so I don't have any intentions of trying anything else," she said.

This year provided formative concert experience for Underwood when she opened for Kenny Chesney and then Brad Paisley. "There were these really excited fans already in front of me that were already excited to be there," she recalled. "I didn't have to prove anything. I just had to get up there and do my thing and get more comfortable onstage and, of course, learn from the masters."

In between studio time, Underwood plans to play "a few dates" this summer "to keep everybody busy and to keep me fresh in people's minds. But other than that, your guess is as good as mine."

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*
    Hey, I just noticed 4,000 posts!!! WOO HOO for me!! ....Glad it happened in a A.I. thread too!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 01-14-2007 at 01:32 AM. Reason: I hit 4,000 posts on this one!! Got to make a comment!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I like her humble attitude.

Congrats on the 4,000 post! Does that mean you talk a lot, or you know a lot?.....lol No need for a response......I see all the info you post, and I appreciate the scoop......I often wonder "where does she find all this stuff" and "where does she find the time"........Thanks and keep on posting!!

I was finally able to find official sales numbers for last week.

Some Hearts sold 38,724 total 4,691,363.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    carrie has really pumped out the #1 hits off of this album! jesus take the wheel, don't forget to remember me and before he cheats.

her new single 'wasted' is the hottest thing the local country station is playing and i'm sure it'll climb to the top of the charts in no time!

"Idol" winner Underwood reflects on a big year

Here's a link for a new article about Carrie!

It's a question and answer-type interview.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070114/...underwood_dc_3

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase;2204494;
    carrie has really pumped out the #1 hits off of this album! jesus take the wheel, don't forget to remember me and before he cheats.

her new single 'wasted' is the hottest thing the local country station is playing and i'm sure it'll climb to the top of the charts in no time!
    Wasted is at #28 this morning. The "Official" ads date is Feb. 5th, but at this point so many stations have begun playing the song that it looks as though the label has given in & shipped a radio edit of the song. It's a bit shorter than the album edit & cuts part of the chorus at the end. Anyway, the song is going up quickly.

Last week we had the Dreamgirls soundtrack as the #1 album & it set an all time record low for sales by a # 1 album by selling an astounding 20,000 units fewer than the previous low. Well this week, in the words of Yogi Berra, it’s like déjà vu all over again. Dreamgirls is again #1 & lops another 6,600 off of the record low finishing with an unbelievably paltry 60,064 units sold. Where are all the music buyers? Has all of the Christmas money already been spent?

This week Some Hearts moves up to #15 on the Billboard Top 200 & loses out to Rascal Flatts for the #1 spot on the Country chart by less than 1,000 units to finish at #2. She is still holding up incredibly well after 61 weeks.

15 CARRIE UNDERWOOD SOME HEARTS 32,593 Total 4,723,956

On the singles front, Wasted has climber to # 27 & looks poised to end the week at #26. New stations continue to add the song before the official date & her spin count is increasing by more than 30 a day. Many have stated that this is their favorite song on the album & were disappointed that is wasn’t the second single, So, now that it is out there, I think it is going to do really well. I see another #1 in Carries future.

Also there is this bit of news:

http://www.news2wkrn.com/steph/2007/...rows_down.html

Carrie Throws Down!
    Carrie Underwood is celebrating not one, but two number one hits! Wednesday she will have a private party at ASCAP for Don't Forget to Remember Me and Before He Cheats. Carrie says on her website that Don't Forget to Remember Me was the second song that she felt a connection with, after Jesus, Take the Wheel. She says the first time she heard it she cried, because she was feeling homesick. Carrie says, " I got the lyrics and managed to loose them in a stack of papers that I was sending home. My mother got the package and read through the lyrics. She called me and said that the song made her cry, too, and she only read the words. She said that it was "our song." In that moment, I knew that no matter how hard it would be to get through, I had to record it."

Don't Forget to Remember Me is a beautiful song sung beautifully by Carrie. This is my favorite on her cd, it has a great tune, has a lot of meaning. Carrie sings this song with feeling. Jesus Take The Wheel is also very good.

Carrie speaks about the Tony Romo rumors & reports of her weight loss & hopefully puts them to rest. If you click the link below there is also a nice picture of Carrie receiving her #1 record plaques. But if you would like to see a nice video segment & interview from the ASCAP awards ceremony click the second link. She really does handle these issues nicely. Instead of getting mad about the Romo stuff, she makes jokes about it.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....0501/701180388

http://www.wsmv.com/video/index.html

For Carrie Underwood, fame brings false rumors of romance

By BEVERLY KEEL

Carrie Underwood says her success has resulted in false rumors being reported in the press, including the report that she's dating Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

"I have read some of the most ridiculous things about that," she says of reports that she's dating Tony. "The first time I ever met him was on Christmas, right there on the field. Everybody was like, 'Ooh, they are together.' And then I was blamed for Dallas not winning that game. . . . He is a very nice guy and I've talked to him a few times, but we are very much not together."

An Illinois newspaper reported that Tony said it was true that the two were dating. (Her publicist, who says Carrie is not dating anyone, presumes Romo was joking.) "That was one person from one local newspaper that said that, so whether or not . . .," Carrie says. "I've read 'sources said' we met on Thanksgiving. I had no clue who he was at that time. He is probably getting a little tired of that one (the false rumor he was dating Jessica Simpson) and now he's probably tired of this one, as I am."

She says the press has also incorrectly reported on her weight loss and products she uses. For the record, she now weighs 110 pounds, down from 125-130 pounds during her American Idol days. There hasn't been a rumor bad enough for her to proactively correct, and she now has a Web site to communicate directly with fans.

"It's really strange to read things about yourself because 90 percent of the time they are not true," she says. "But I am getting more used to it. . . . The exposure is never bad, but it is really interesting to pick up a magazine and they are critiquing something or sources say, 'A pal says.' I don't have that many pals, and any pals I have wouldn't really talk to people about my personal life."

On Wednesday, Carrie attended No. 1 parties at ASCAP to honor the songwriters of her hits Don't Forget to Remember Me and Before He Cheats. She's working on her second album and recording at a more relaxed pace than she did for her first one, which was released quickly to capitalize on her American Idol popularity.

And she's spending time with songwriters such as Hillary Lindsey, Rivers Rutherford and Brett James. "I honestly don't even know if I'm going to be very good at writing, but it's definitely something I would like to develop. I'm not insistent that I have to have X number of songs on my album."

+ Reply to Thread