+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

What an exciting year for her. Hope her career continues along this path. It's like a fairy tale, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2196521;
    Thanks, Unkle, I don't read that thread, so I'm grateful you came in here and answered my question. I tried to vote (I think Jennifer made the best of her weigh loss) but couldn't figure out how. Oh well, CARRIE looks fabulous, as always.

Thanks, again!
    Actually, I thought neither Taylor or Jennifer looked much different, and that she needed to lose a lot more.

Carrie looked beautiful, but a tad toooo thin.....I pray she doesn't lose any more weight.

I never saw Clarkson before, but her body looked fabulous (ugly hair though) and that dress was so timelessly elegant.....She gets my vote!!!

Kat is beautiful but she looked like a street walker in that dress.....not sure what she was thinking!!

In ALL honesty, I think all the girls looked lovely even before the weight loss, and I wish Hollywood wouldn't make such a big issue out of weight in general.

Underwood Tops Chart With Big Christmas Sales

Here's an article I just found about Carrie!

http://netmusiccountdown.com/inc/new...e.php?id=11812

By Neil Haislop

NASHVILLE, TN Friday Jan.5.2007 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- During the last week of Christmas sales CARRIE UNDERWOOD's album Some Hearts was the most popular country album by far selling nearly 300,000 copies(292,246), compared to the great sales of the closest competition, Rascal Flatts' Me and My Gang, that sold 217,912 copies.

Collectively during the Christmas week sales, the top five albums (including Keith Urban's Love Pain & the whole crazy thing, Sugarland's Enjoy the Ride and George Strait's It Just Comes Natural) sold 895,928 CDs.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's Some Hearts, also closes the year still at #1 with 65,889 scans as.... RASCAL FLATTS remains at #2 with 57,651 scans while... KEITH URBAN'S Love, Pain & the whole crazy thing marks time at #3 with sales of 42,249 copies and... RODNEY ATKINS If You're Going Through Hell moves up to #4 with scans of 87,663 as... SUGARLAND's ENJOY THE RIDE rounds out the top five at #5 scanning 28,537 units.

I apologize if this has already posted. I looked but I didn't see it, so enjoy!

Woo Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2196904;
    What an exciting year for her. Hope her career continues along this path. It's like a fairy tale, I'm sure.

Speaking of fairy tale years, here are some things that maybe you weren’t aware of.

With the combination of Jesus Take The Wheel (6 weeks) & Before He Cheats (5 weeks) Carrie spent 11 weeks with the #1 single on the Billboard Country Chart in 2006. This is the most weeks that any Female Solo Artist has spent at the top in any calendar year since Billboard magazine began tracking the Country Charts in 1944. That is a record that replaces Carries favorite person, Faith Hill, who previously held the record of 9 weeks in 2000.

And it should also be noted that Some Hearts is the first album by a female artist in any genre to be the #1 Billboard album of the year since 1996 with Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morisette. Carrie joins a truly exclusive club. The only Female Artists since 1980 to have the #1 album were Whitney Houston in 1986, Mariah Carey in 1991, Alanis Morisette in 1996, & now Carrie in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2197616;

And it should also be noted that Some Hearts is the first album by a female artist in any genre to be the #1 Billboard album of the year since 1996 with Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morisette. Carrie joins a truly exclusive club. The only Female Artists since 1980 to have the #1 album were Whitney Houston in 1986, Mariah Carey in 1991, Alanis Morisette in 1996, & now Carrie in 2006.

Wow, that is impressive.

I remember when I laughed at Simon Cowell when he predicted (early in the competition) that Carrie Underwood would be the singer with the greatest AI album sales of all time. Turns out he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2197002;
    Actually, I thought neither Taylor or Jennifer looked much different, and that she needed to lose a lot more.
    Jennifer had slimmed down after Idol, but the producers of Dreamgirls asked her to put 20 pounds back on for her role.

Carrie just won 2 People's Choice Awards! Woo hoo!!

She won for favorite Female singer and favorite country song for BHC.

Way to go girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Woot!;2200091;
    Jennifer had slimmed down after Idol, but the producers of Dreamgirls asked her to put 20 pounds back on for her role.
    Poor Jennifer.........If I ever take off my 20 extra pounds, no one could pay me enough to put it back on!....lol

FORT Fan
    I wonder how soon Carrie hits 5X Platinum?

+ Reply to Thread