+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 425 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

it was very noticable that she kept singing to the camera....and not to the audience...
    this is prob where her lack of "stage-experience" is gonna do her in...
    I don't know...

For those of us with fond memories and longings for the big hair of the 80's, I found Carrie quite sexy and fun.

I would like to think that there is a 'coach' per say who helps the singers prepare for their next peformance. I'm curious as to how Carrie's connection with the camera and audience has been addressed?

I personally think that she is still in awe of the whole AI experience, therefore leaving her looking like a deer in headlights. It's almost as if you can see a checklist of things to remember during her performance scrolling in her head. I don't think she is intentionally trying to be disconnected.

Still, she is the only one who gives me goosebumps when she sings. I think her uneasiness will fade as experience comes.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I would like to think that there is a 'coach' per say who helps the singers prepare for their next peformance. I'm curious as to how Carrie's connection with the camera and audience has been addressed?
    That would be interesting to know. In previous seasons, they've occasionally slipped in a few tiny clips from coaching sessions, haven't they? Something tells me, though, that in the limited amount of time they have, and given that they seem to be coached by *singing* coaches, they're more likely to address problems people are having with the music rather than taking on something like how to project emotional connection to the song through your voice and eyes. And since Carrie's always been right on the money technically, I would bet that they kind of just give her a pass. They'd be well advised to give her some coaching to help with this, I'd say.

Carrie isn't the only one that follows the camera when she sings. Jessica & Vonzell were pretty blatant with it last night. This sort of thing works itself out with experience. But, regarding the singing alone. I have to agree with whoever said that Carrie is the only one to leave them with goosebumps. I think she is going to have a great career but whether it will be as big as Simon said is to be seen. After last night I think she showed an ability to sing something other than Country & do it really well, thereby making her a definite crossover personality. I think this is what Simon sees in her & why he keeps saying all the positive things even when she doesn't do her best.

I just hope that Carrie fans continue to vote. It would be ashame to have her leave because so many think she is safe.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Regular
    There is what, a few thousand in the live audience, and 60+million watching on TV. I would hope every contestant plays to the camera.

Carrie is lacking a little charisma, but her voice is definitely the best this year.

Carrie is the best of the girls this season, and I was glad to see her do so well last night. Loved the big 80's mall hair--she even had the wings on the side. Aahh, high school hair...
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    For those of us with fond memories and longings for the big hair of the 80's, I found Carrie quite sexy and fun.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only who remembered the 80's big hair. I thought she looked great last night too. She is a very naturally beautiful girl. She sounded fantastic and had a little more of that spark she has lost since her first audition.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I was really impressed with Carrie last night - she blew me away, and I definitely didn't expect her to pull off Heart's Alone. I loved her look - it went perfectly with the song. Her voice was strong, and she gave me goosebumps too. I thought she was the best of the evening.

Wow! She's the best last night. I never thought that she can pull that off.

+ Reply to Thread