+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Since I completely forgot to set my VCR to tape Oprah today I was quite bummed to know that I missed it but thanks to someone here on the FORT, they came through for me and I'm so glad they did. Thank you!

I feel like a proud parent when I see Carrie. I was a Bo fan all the way but I did appreciate Carrie's obvious talent and knew that she had the potential to really go far and now that she's accomplished so much, I feel such overwhelming pride for her! We all saw her start out on AI and we've all seen her grow by leaps and bounds and its just so nice to see someone who's decent, nice, well mannered, naturally beautiful and appreciative do so well. We hear so much negative stuff about young people and young artists today and its just so nice to see Carrie and know that I've been there from the beginning!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Sorry for the double post......

Pictures of Carrie on Oprah today.....

Tony Bennett, Michael Buble, Carrie and Josh Groban

Oprah, Tony, Michael, Carrie and Josh

I've never heard of Josh and Buble. Who are they? (I don't get out much)

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2175666;
    I've never heard of Josh and Buble. Who are they? (I don't get out much)
    They are relatively big if you are into that "return to lounge music" movement that's been going on for the past few years. They've both sort of risen to a similar level to Harry Connick Jr., if you recall him.

Groban sings more operatically. It's kind of over-the-top. Buble is more like finger-snapping swing music.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

TY, Krom.

I like Connick's acting skills and his singing, although I'd never buy anything of his. I plan on buying Taylor's.

Woohoo!!!!!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2175386;
    Did Carrie get asked about what LeAnn Rimes said? I'm sure she was diplomatic no matter what the questions were!
    She was asked about Faith Hill but not LeAnn Rimes. Regarding Faith, Carrie said there was no question she was just joking around and pointed out that Faith did the same thing on another award show when her husband was announced as the winner. She said Faith called her right after the show. Whether that's true or not, Carrie showed a lot of class in her response.

ETA: I would hardly lump Josh Groban in with "lounge singers".

FORT Fanatic
    I would say Josh Groban is a younger, americanized Andrea Bocelli...

He came into fame after appearing in two different episodes of Ally McBeal. I was really bummed I forgot to tape this Oprah episode because I really wanted to see him and Carrie perform. He has an amazing voice - but I know not everyone is a fan of that kind of music.

I was trolling around Billboard's website, looking for something on Taylor Hicks (couldn't find anything) and found a nice article about Carrie. Here's the link and a few paragraphs:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/revie...w_display.jsp?

December 14, 2006,

Paisley, Underwood Warm Up Chilly Missouri Crowd
    Jill Menze, Columbia, Mo.

On what was quite possibly the coldest night mid-Missouri has seen so far this year, country music fans nonetheless braved the subzero temperature for a night of vigorous performances from Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley.

Underwood was noticeably drained of energy, and understandably so, considering the eventful week she'd had: In addition to winning five Billboard Awards three nights earlier in Las Vegas, the singer also performed for the President at the Kennedy Center Honors, taped an episode of "Oprah" with Tony Bennett and received multiple Grammy nods. "I'm so glad I didn't take my mom to that," Underwood said of the Billboard Awards. "Not a lot of country folk there."

In light of her whirlwind week, the season four "American Idol" winner put forth her best effort for her fans. Her voice sounded hoarse at times, but as she built momentum throughout the set she managed to belt out the choruses of her songs like an established pro.

http://www.blackanthem.com/News/Inte...oops2807.shtml

American Idol winner visits troops
    By Sgt. Sarah Scully, 40th Public Affairs Detachment
    Dec 14, 2006 - 3:41:09 PM

Blackanthem Military News, CAMP ARIFJAN, Kuwait — Standing in line, a Soldier waited for his chance to have American Idol winner Carrie Underwood sign a guitar for his 10-year-old daughter right before Christmas.

“(She’s) a huge fan of Carrie’s and is learning to play,” said Master Sgt. Ricky Bakke, logistics NCO for National Guard affairs supporting Third Army/U.S. Army Central.

Hundreds of servicemembers are also fans, and they lined up to receive an autograph and photo from Carrie Underwood, country music star and 2005 American Idol winner, at Camp Arifjan’s Combined Operations and Intelligence Center Nov. 13 in Kuwait.

“Thanks for giving me such a warm welcome,” said Underwood, to a fan. “We’re happy to be able to come here and spread some holiday cheer.”

As part of a holiday tour, Underwood gave a concert at Camp Buehring, a few hours away from Camp Arifjan, before heading to Iraq for additional concerts.

Clutching pictures and CDs of Underwood, servicemembers of all ranks and ages asked her to sign memorabilia for family members and themselves before taking a quick picture capturing the experience of meeting a celebrity while in a combat zone.

“I had Carrie autograph posters for me and my two girls,” said Chief Warrant Officer 2 Stoney Hobbs, a pilot with 1st Battalion, 111th Aviation Regiment. “They are big fans from American Idol.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*
    There's also some pictures posted at that link....here's my fave....

Love that pic. The guys are definitely lucky to have her come sing for them
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread