+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I really hope someone else had the opportunity to see the Oprah show today. Carrie did an astonishing version of Jesus Take the Wheel. Josh Groban & Tony Bennett were really great, then Tony brought out Michael Buble for a duet. At the end of the show all 4 of them combined for a jazz version of For Once In My Life. I think this was a side of Carrie that everyone would be surprised by. Some of the high notes she hit brought wide eyes to Michael. Oprah was very complimentary of Carrie & the way she is handling all of her success. Please don't tell me I was the only one to see this show.

Premium Member
    Oprah just started here, I'm watching Carrie now. Yeah, this is a nice version of Jesus Take The Wheel. Oprah is going to ask her about that thing with Faith Hill.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2175234;
    I really hope someone else had the opportunity to see the Oprah show today. Carrie did an astonishing version of Jesus Take the Wheel. Josh Groban & Tony Bennett were really great, then Tony brought out Michael Buble for a duet. At the end of the show all 4 of them combined for a jazz version of For Once In My Life. I think this was a side of Carrie that everyone would be surprised by. Some of the high notes she hit brought wide eyes to Michael. Oprah was very complimentary of Carrie & the way she is handling all of her success. Please don't tell me I was the only one to see this show.
    I forgot to tape it razor!!!! I"m glad to hear she knocked their socks off (as I knew she would!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2175234;
    Oprah repeats in my market at 8pm local time - I'll try to catch it tonight. Hope I don't forget!

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;2175271;
    Oprah repeats in my market at 8pm local time - I'll try to catch it tonight. Hope I don't forget!

Thanks for the heads up.
    You absolutely have to see the group sing For Once In My Life. Carrie hits a high note that is not to be believed. It caused a jaw dropping moment from Michael Buble. It isn't a power blast it out note, it is a beautiful falsetto jazz riff that Tony Bennett was in love with, you can see the smile spread from ear to ear. The four of them rehearsed it once only an hour before show time & it truly is something to behold. Tape it, DVR it, Tivo it, but don't miss it.

I made sure I didn't miss this opportunity to see Carrie perform with other great performers. She did a wonderful job singing and during her interview with Oprah.
    I'm such a fan of Carrie and Taylor - that I can't imagine getting as excited about any other idols in the future. These two fill me up with pride and joy.

Wahhhh! I missed it. I had papers to correct.

Does anyone know if Oprah rebroadcasts her afternoon show later tonight in the SF bay area in Comcast cable? I can't seem to locate anything now that Yahoo has changed its TV listings. They're driving me nuts.

Hey Razor, if you taped it, I'd love a copy.

Did Carrie get asked about what LeAnn Rimes said? I'm sure she was diplomatic no matter what the questions were!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2175292;
    You absolutely have to see the group sing For Once In My Life. Carrie hits a high note that is not to be believed. It caused a jaw dropping moment from Michael Buble. It isn't a power blast it out note, it is a beautiful falsetto jazz riff that Tony Bennett was in love with, you can see the smile spread from ear to ear. The four of them rehearsed it once only an hour before show time & it truly is something to behold. Tape it, DVR it, Tivo it, but don't miss it.
    Oh man, I went shopping after Carrie's interview not realizing that she'd be singing with the group.

I'll have to go exploring to see a capture of it. You describe it beautifully... I'd love to see it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Regular
    I was going to watch the rebroadcast at 8pm tonight - but it's 9:04 pm and I just remembered it!!! DANG.

Maybe it'll end up online somewhere.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    I'm so glad I looked in here tonight! Oprah's being rebroadcast at 10:06 tonight. Thank God for TiVO!

+ Reply to Thread