+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

  1. #1971
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,591
    I really hope someone else had the opportunity to see the Oprah show today. Carrie did an astonishing version of Jesus Take the Wheel. Josh Groban & Tony Bennett were really great, then Tony brought out Michael Buble for a duet. At the end of the show all 4 of them combined for a jazz version of For Once In My Life. I think this was a side of Carrie that everyone would be surprised by. Some of the high notes she hit brought wide eyes to Michael. Oprah was very complimentary of Carrie & the way she is handling all of her success. Please don't tell me I was the only one to see this show.

  2. #1972
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826
    Oprah just started here, I'm watching Carrie now. Yeah, this is a nice version of Jesus Take The Wheel. Oprah is going to ask her about that thing with Faith Hill.

  3. #1973
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2175234;
    I really hope someone else had the opportunity to see the Oprah show today. Carrie did an astonishing version of Jesus Take the Wheel. Josh Groban & Tony Bennett were really great, then Tony brought out Michael Buble for a duet. At the end of the show all 4 of them combined for a jazz version of For Once In My Life. I think this was a side of Carrie that everyone would be surprised by. Some of the high notes she hit brought wide eyes to Michael. Oprah was very complimentary of Carrie & the way she is handling all of her success. Please don't tell me I was the only one to see this show.
    I forgot to tape it razor!!!! I"m glad to hear she knocked their socks off (as I knew she would!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  4. #1974
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2175234;
    I really hope someone else had the opportunity to see the Oprah show today. Carrie did an astonishing version of Jesus Take the Wheel. Josh Groban & Tony Bennett were really great, then Tony brought out Michael Buble for a duet. At the end of the show all 4 of them combined for a jazz version of For Once In My Life. I think this was a side of Carrie that everyone would be surprised by. Some of the high notes she hit brought wide eyes to Michael. Oprah was very complimentary of Carrie & the way she is handling all of her success. Please don't tell me I was the only one to see this show.
    Oprah repeats in my market at 8pm local time - I'll try to catch it tonight. Hope I don't forget!

    Thanks for the heads up.

  5. #1975
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,591
    Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;2175271;
    Oprah repeats in my market at 8pm local time - I'll try to catch it tonight. Hope I don't forget!

    Thanks for the heads up.
    You absolutely have to see the group sing For Once In My Life. Carrie hits a high note that is not to be believed. It caused a jaw dropping moment from Michael Buble. It isn't a power blast it out note, it is a beautiful falsetto jazz riff that Tony Bennett was in love with, you can see the smile spread from ear to ear. The four of them rehearsed it once only an hour before show time & it truly is something to behold. Tape it, DVR it, Tivo it, but don't miss it.

  6. #1976
    FORT Fogey wisgalb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    857
    I made sure I didn't miss this opportunity to see Carrie perform with other great performers. She did a wonderful job singing and during her interview with Oprah.
    I'm such a fan of Carrie and Taylor - that I can't imagine getting as excited about any other idols in the future. These two fill me up with pride and joy.

  7. #1977
    Yumpin' Yiminy roses4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nor. Calif. bay area
    Posts
    1,422
    Wahhhh! I missed it. I had papers to correct.

    Does anyone know if Oprah rebroadcasts her afternoon show later tonight in the SF bay area in Comcast cable? I can't seem to locate anything now that Yahoo has changed its TV listings. They're driving me nuts.

    Hey Razor, if you taped it, I'd love a copy.

    Did Carrie get asked about what LeAnn Rimes said? I'm sure she was diplomatic no matter what the questions were!

  8. #1978
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2175292;
    You absolutely have to see the group sing For Once In My Life. Carrie hits a high note that is not to be believed. It caused a jaw dropping moment from Michael Buble. It isn't a power blast it out note, it is a beautiful falsetto jazz riff that Tony Bennett was in love with, you can see the smile spread from ear to ear. The four of them rehearsed it once only an hour before show time & it truly is something to behold. Tape it, DVR it, Tivo it, but don't miss it.
    Oh man, I went shopping after Carrie's interview not realizing that she'd be singing with the group.

    I'll have to go exploring to see a capture of it. You describe it beautifully... I'd love to see it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  9. #1979
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    108
    I was going to watch the rebroadcast at 8pm tonight - but it's 9:04 pm and I just remembered it!!! DANG.

    Maybe it'll end up online somewhere.

  10. #1980
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204
    I'm so glad I looked in here tonight! Oprah's being rebroadcast at 10:06 tonight. Thank God for TiVO!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.