+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

As the year comes to an end & the Holidays are coming up, Carries touring also comes to an end. Here is her schedule for December. Maybe some of you can still see her before year end. Especially New Years Eve in Minnesota.

Dec. 1 Brad Paisley Tour Salt Lake City Ut.
    Dec. 2 Brad Paisley Tour Colorado Springs, Co.
    Dec. 4 Billboard Awards Show ABC TV
    Dec. 7 Brad Paisley Tour Columbia, Mo.
    Dec. 8 Brad Paisley Tour Chicago, Il.
    Dec. 9 Headlining this show Charleston, WV.
    Dec. 10 Headlining this show Salem, Va.
    Dec. 31 Headling 2 shows this night Prior Lake Mn.
    7:30 pm & 10:30 pm

Looks like the prognostications were pretty close to the mark. In her 54th week, Carrie sold an incredible 101,507 copies of Some Hearts this week. This is a 67% increase week over week. She comes in at #19 on the Billboard Top 200 & finishes the week at #2 on the Country charts, by passing Sugarland in only their third week. This week was up across the board over the same time frame for last year. There were 19 albums that sold over 100k, now that is a big week.

19 CARRIE UNDERWOOD SOME HEARTS 101507 Total 3884703

Before He Cheats has fallen to #3 on the Mediabase Charts but remains at #1on the Billboard charts, however it looks as though they is set to end soon. Wasted, on the other hand has not been released to radio for airplay yet, nor has the lable even made the decision that this will be the next single, but some stations have jumped on it anyway & it earned the Hotshot Debut of the Week from Billboard by opening up at #57.

FORT Regular
    Didn't she sing Young and Beautiful during the Cowboys half-time show? I assumed she did that one b/c it was going to be the next single released.

Her record sales continue to amaze me. How does her debut album sales now compare to other Idols debut albums?

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;2160829;
    Didn't she sing Young and Beautiful during the Cowboys half-time show? I assumed she did that one b/c it was going to be the next single released.

Her record sales continue to amaze me. How does her debut album sales now compare to other Idols debut albums?
    She did do Y&B, but I have to think it was just because of the setting & the upbeat nature that the show needed. A Thanksgiving day football game doesn't need to have ballads like Jesus Take The Wheel. So she stuck with the upbeat & rockin. She always opens her shows with Y&B, it sets the stage just great.

As far as debut Idol albums, she surpassed everyone sometime last Summer. The amazing thing is that she has now sold 240,000+ copies since the album was certified as 4X Platinum. That is just the last 3 weeks.

I thought maybe some of you could use a Carrie visual this morning:

http://www.countryweekly.com/charts/

There's no pic of Carrie at that link.....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2163474;
    There's no pic of Carrie at that link.....
    Ah, but the visual is the charts & how many times she is named.

I have purposely avoided posting a bunch of concert reviews on here, because there are some that think I post too much, but since the touring season is coming to an end I thought maybe you would like to see one from last night. Carrie has been sick the past week, but hasn't missed a show yet. This review is pretty typical of what we have seen all year long, she seems to WOW them wherever she goes.

Review: Paisley, Underwood share the spotlight
    By Dan Nailen
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated:12/02/2006 12:48:35 AM MST

Brad Paisley was the headliner of the proceedings Friday, and while nothing in his assured performance marked him as anything less than a worthy country star, opener Carrie Underwood gave him a run as the most-adored performer of the night.
    Paisley is a mainstream country cat easy to root for, thanks to his songs, full of wit and hooks, and his status as a genuine guitar hero. Friday, Paisley let his fingers do the lion's share of the work. From the set-opening "Celebrity" through extended instrumental jams and emotional ballads like "Little Moments," Paisley rarely let a song go by without tearing into a tasty solo.
    Backed by massive video screens projecting the action on stage and the films Paisley put together to accentuate his songs, the performer proved a most-affable frontman. He gave his band plenty of chances to shine, he chatted up the crowd and threw guitar picks by the dozen. And while his voice is not necessarily the stuff of country legend, he does have a strong baritone capable of delving into tender areas like "She's Everything" or ragged honky-tonk numbers like "Easy Money" or the clear crowd favorite "Mud on the Tires."

Underwood is hardly a typical opening act, and she seemed to have as many fans in the house as the headliner. The "American Idol" winner's "Some Hearts" album is one of the best sellers of the year in any genre, and she recently won the Country Music Association's "Female Vocalist of the Year."
    Friday, Underwood displayed all the gifts needed of a country headliner, from her powerful voice to her connection with the fans. And Underwood and her fresh-faced band knew how to play to the cameras projecting their images to the far reaches of the arena.
    Set-opener "We're Young and Beautiful" gave Underwood the chance to show off her pipes, and despite being under the weather, her voice stayed strong throughout her 45-minute set. Her biggest challenge might have been an ill-advised cover of Guns 'n' Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine," but on her own songs, Underwood came through loud and clear, from the big-voiced ballad "That's Where It Is" to the fun revenge fantasy of "Before He Cheats." Underwood deserves extra credit for battling through a clearly sore throat for the winning finale of "Jesus, Take the Wheel" and "I Ain't in Checotah Anymore."

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood
    * WHERE: EnergySolutions Arena
    * WHEN: Friday
    * BOTTOM LINE: The "American Idol" champ gave the headliner a run for his money, to the delight of thousands of country fans.

http://www.sltrib.com/portlet/articl...179&siteId=297

For your viewing pleasure the night after Christmas.

KnoxNews.com:

Quote:
    Dolly, others the toast of Washington celebration

Kennedy Center event a tribute to 5 stars' career achievements

By TERRY MORROW, morrow2@knews.com
    December 4, 2006

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Eyeing a crowd in black ties and fancy ball gowns there to honor her Sunday night at the Kennedy Center, a humble Dolly Parton dressed down her own reason for all this fuss.

If she were in charge of the evening, "everybody would be wearing overalls and blue jeans, whatever made them comfortable," she said moments before the tribute began.

"But on special nights like this, people love to get dressed up. And they should. It's not every night you get to go to the White House and the Kennedy Center."

The 60-year-old Sevier County native, wearing a tight-fitting designer gown with sequins, received a prestigious Kennedy Center Honor, one of the highest artistic tributes in the country, for "her lifetime contributions to American culture," organizers said. Her influence as a songwriter, singer, overall entertainer and businesswoman were part of the tribute.

She was honored along with other artistic icons - film director Steven Spielberg, singer Smoky Robinson, composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and conductor Zubin Mehta.

Earlier in the day, Parton and the other honorees received praise from President Bush at the White House.

"It was great," Parton said of the White House visit, adding that she did extend her own invitation to the Bushes.

She asked them to visit her Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge. But, Parton deadpanned, "they didn't say they'd come."

As part of the Kennedy Center tribute, which will air Dec. 26 on CBS, Reese Witherspoon, Jessica Simpson, Allison Krauss, Vince Gill and Shania Twain showed up to speak of Parton.

Simpson, an admitted fan of Parton's, sang the Parton-penned tune, "9 to 5." Carrie Underwood and Kenny Rogers covered the Rogers and Parton duet, "Islands in the Stream."

Witherspoon, who played June Carter Cash in "Walk The Line," spoke from the Kennedy Center stage of Parton's worthiness of the honor. As a child, Witherspoon used to sing "Islands in the Stream" at recess, and she re-enacted a scene from "9 to 5" in an elementary school show. "I wanted to be Dolly, literally," Witherspoon said.

But other celebrities had their say about Parton as well.

"She's the real McCoy, a real icon," said actor Liam Neeson, who was there on behalf of Spielberg.

Reba McEntire told the Kennedy Center audience about her first experience with Parton. She remembered Parton's larger-than-life presence during their first meeting backstage at the Grand Ole Opry. "You had the big hair, airy and shiny. It looked like cotton candy," McEntire said.

McEntire told the audience how Parton's father, the late Lee Parton, paid the doctor who delivered baby Dolly with a sack of feed, and "she's been raking in the dough ever since. There ain't nobody like Dolly Parton."

Parton's discography alone would be enough for commendation. Dozens of chart-topping hits - from the despair of "Coat of Many Colors" to the heartbreak of "Jolene" to the sentimentality of "I Will Always Love You" - have cemented her role as a country artist with few peers.

Several of her songs were born from her experiences as an impoverish child in Sevier County.

She is also credited with being one of the biggest country artists to cross over to mainstream acceptance with such pop songs as "Two Doors Down" and "Here You Come Again."

Her longevity was noted, too. In 2006, she sang on her first No. 1 record in more than a decade with "When I Get Where I'm Going" featuring Brad Paisley. She also was nominated for her second Academy Award for writing "Travelin' Thru," appearing in the film "Transamerica."

The audience packed with some of the country's biggest dignitaries, including the President and first lady.

Also in the crowd were Knoxville residents Patty and Jerry Lewis and Kathy and Joe May, who won the opportunity to attend through a Friends of the Smokies auction earlier this year.

"This is (a) much bigger (event) than we thought it would be," said Kathy May, a West Knoxville resident who works in communications for the Tennessee Valley Authority. " this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

"With Dolly Parton being one of the recipients, it makes this even more meaningful."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Here's some pics of Carrie at the Kennedy Center Honors show........

Her with Vince Gill......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread