+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2151684;
    Congrats Carrie on winning the two awards.
    Carrie only won the Breakout Artist. Faith Hill won Favorite Country Female. It wasn't televised though.

Steven Cojacaru (sp) named Carrie as one of his worst dressed for the outfit she wore to sing her mini-medley the other night.
    I thought she looked good, apart from the shorts.
    The outfit would have looked better with a little mini-skirt or some dressier black shorts imo.
    Anyway, she sounded good, looked very pretty.
    She looks to have lost a few pounds too, her legs were very toned.
    She was incredibly composed in front of all those people and I thought her acceptance speech was very good.
    She comes off as highly professional.

I hope some of you got to see the halftime show. Young & Beautiful performed live is just smokin. The bass & drums propell that song so well. Before He Cheats is just one great song (headed for what looks like a 5th week at #1). She always seems to be just as good live as she is on the CD, & that isn't easy, but she never seems to hit bad notes. The long white boots & levis were great. She has just gone light years past what I ever expected to see at this stage in her career. I always expected her to be something special, but not this much & not this soon.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 11-23-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Lex
    I watched her half-time performance. What was up with those weird guys hanging from ribbons?

And I still don't care for her music aside from "Jesus Take the Wheel." But it wasn't a terrible half-time show.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Funny stuff: Ms. Rimes is taking another hit

From Country Nation website:

Kicking the Kettle
    -- Carrie Underwood performs at tomorrow's Dallas Cowboys' Thanksgiving Day Halftime Show, which officially kicks off the Salvation Army's "2006 Red Kettle Christmas Campaign. Watch it on Fox.

With the kind of year Carrie's having, look for her to also score the game's winning touchdown -- and be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom for breaking up a terrorist plot in the parking lot.

This just in: LeAnn Rimes comments: "An artist should have to earn the right to break up a terrorist plot."

http://www.countrynation.com/

What with the Holiday weekend we never did get a complete Soundscan rundown of sales, but there was a partial listing that included all of the R&B artists. Then Billboard put out their album standings, so by piecing together the two we can come up with an approximate sales figure.

According to Billboard Carrie finished the week at #13 on the Top 200 list & remained at #3 on the COuntry Chart. According to the partial sales figures the #12 album sold just over 62,000 & the #14 album sold just over 60,000. So putting 2 & 2 together we can estimate that Carrie was around the 61,000 level in sales for her 53rd week on the charts, putting the total just shy of 3.8 million.

Estimates I have seen for this week have been pretty incredible, some even going as high as 6 figures but we'll just have to wait & see. The AMA show & the halftime performance are certainly going to help sales.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2153537;
    Steven Cojacaru (sp) named Carrie as one of his worst dressed for the outfit she wore to sing her mini-medley the other night.
    She comes off as highly professional.

That fashion maven is a nut. Some of the things he wears are so over-the-top I don't know how he can talk about other people and how they dress.

Every thing I have seen Carrie wear has been lovely or cute, depending on the circumstances. It's not like she's Brittany Spears for crying out loud!

Carrie's sudden rise to fame has put some folks on her case non-stop. They all just need to take a chill pill.

As of midnight EST last night when the tracking charts closed for the week Before He Cheats has earned Carrie her 5th week at #1 on the Billboard Country Charts.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2153537;
    I liked how she dressed and find she usually picks nice clothes to wear at events.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2157239;
    As of midnight EST last night when the tracking charts closed for the week Before He Cheats has earned Carrie her 5th week at #1 on the Billboard Country Charts.
    I like this song and I love the video! Congrats Carrie!

+ Reply to Thread