+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 423 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by writergirl26
    I think Carrie has the best voice in the competition. What I hate is that one week the judges tell her to be true to herself and then they tell her she is too safe with her song choices. Which is it? I think if Carrie stays true to herself and continues to sing as well as she always does, she will wind up in the final two with Bo. I can't say that I think she'll win over Bo, but I do think it will come down between the two of them.
    This has always been a bone of contention with me. A criticism one week is backed up the next week with a criticism that is a complete 180 degrees opposite. I have never understood this & I don't think I ever will. I believe Carrie has let this get to her more than any of the others & you can see it in her face when she finishes performing. It is almost like she is just waiting to be slammed. I think Carrie has enough fans that are looking beyond this & just enjoying listening to her sing, but I'm not sure it will be enough to sustain her throughout. I do hope so.

PS: Her duet with Bo in the group song last week was the highlight. Someone, somewhere, should find a way to make this happen again after the end to this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    Carrie to me is someone who I could listen to on the radio.. but would never like to see on tv or in concert.
    You've hit the nail on the head, FireWoman. She's just boring to me. Even though AI is a show designed to find the best singer, it's still a TV show, and at this point she's just not very entertaining. I know she has a lovely voice, but I'm not a country music fan, so that's not a plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    You've hit the nail on the head, FireWoman. She's just boring to me. Even though AI is a show designed to find the best singer, it's still a TV show, and at this point she's just not very entertaining. I know she has a lovely voice, but I'm not a country music fan, so that's not a plus for me.
    That goes ditto for me!!!! Carrie does not ring my bell!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    This has always been a bone of contention with me. A criticism one week is backed up the next week with a criticism that is a complete 180 degrees opposite. I have never understood this & I don't think I ever will. I believe Carrie has let this get to her more than any of the others & you can see it in her face when she finishes performing.
    I agree that the judges have done a terrible job of articulating what Carrie's problems are. Her lack of connection to the lyrics and audience has been brought up so many times by posters at the FORT, but the judges don't inform of her of those performing problems.

On the other hand, I wish Carrie could take the judges' negative stuff better. Sure their comments are not always the best, but she certainly has not received the harshest stuff that Simon or the others have dished out to others. She needs to just go ahead and perform for the sake of loving to perform, as is so evident with Nadia and Bo. Focusing on loving what you're doing will help you tune out the external negative stuff. Just go for it girl. Put your heart and soul into it.

FORT Fan
    Despite her average performances for the last three weeks, I still hope for great things for Carrie.

Perhaps I just have a things for her looks, but Carrie's "Country girl" image and strong vocals have a magnetic appeal for many fans.

That cannot be underestimated. I personally think her game will improve in the coming weeks. Carrie has never been bad this season. Average perhaps. But never horrible.

I hope to see this talented girl prosper in the coming months ahead.

Carrie fans out there. Keep the faith.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Carrie looked great last week.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    The problem I have with Carrie winning is that SHE has stated her desire to stay country.. All the past AI winnersh ave put out pop cds, most written by others involved with the show (IF i am correct) I dont think it will work out well in that respect.

I think the problem is she has the talent but has trouble performing in front of a crowd. Where Bo and Nadia are great performers with good to great voices, Carrie has a great voice but needs someone to help her with the "stage act". There's no doubt in a recording studio with no audience, she will nail it.
    I believe her age & lack of experience is showing. She has the best voice of any of the contestants, but lacks "stage presence", which I believe if she develops as the competition goes along will easily make her the next American Idol!

Agreed with everything Simon said about her last night....she is much better than Kelly Clarkson!

Leo
    Premium Member
    The song was good, but the hair was distracting.

+ Reply to Thread