+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Premium Member
    I wouldn't call this a "feud" unless Carrie bites back, and I'm sure she won't. I think all Faith and LeAnn have done is put out there what a lot of artists have probably felt at some point in there careers, but most of them have the grace and dignity to smile keep it to themselves.

FORT Regular
    I'm hoping Carrie just lets it die down. She doesn't need to comment on Faith's actions. Just like with LeAnn - it will just add fuel to an unnecessary fire.

I hope you're right. Keeping quiet would be the classiest thing she could do. I'm just sorry that some of the shine was taken from her wins. If she wants to unload, I hope she does it with her Mom and not the press.

Don't think Carrie will respond to anything LeAnn R. and Faith H. said, she seems very wise, poised, Carrie.

LeAnn R. should have minded her own business and stayed out of the controversy, not very smart to get involved.

I think that LeAnn was trying to ingratiate herself to the "stars" and leave out the new kid on the block. The new kid just happens to be as popular, if not more so, than some of the stars.

I think its ironic that Leanne said what she did and she hosted "nashville star" at least one year, maybe more. I would think that if she had such strong feelings toward someone not "paying their dues" would not be tied to a show that does the same thing as idol, albeit on a smaller leval.

Ive said that I dont think Carrie deserved the award, not because I dont think she paid her dues, but because I dont think she had the best voice of the group, but I dont think what Faith did was right at all, it was carries moment, whether she or I agreed with it or not, joke or not..she LOOKED like a sore loser..

and does leanne honestly think she would be up for the award if Carrie wasnt? Im more mad at leanne then I am at Faith, Faith at least tried to smooth things over, by saying it was a joke or whatever...Leanne just stirred the pot when IMO she had no right to....
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I see no reason for Carrie to publicly respond to all this stuff. There is no feud on her part, she has taken the high road & will remain there. Her publicist has already issued a statement saying that Faith called Carrie & the two of them are OK. Now, what is happening on the LeeAnn issue, I have no idea.

So let’s leave this behind & get into the really good news.

Some Hearts had another incredible week on the charts. On the eve of the CMA show & before any awards were even given out, Some Hearts had just an unbelieveable week over week sales gain of 21%. Carrie finished the week at #2 on the Country Chart & moved back into the Top 20 on the Billboard Top 200 by ending up at #19. With the results of the CMA’S & Carries big wins, it is entirely possible that this album will move back into the Top 10 next week, but may move down to #3 on the Country chart because both Sugarland & Keith Urban released new albums this week. But, just imagine, the album may be in the Top 10 & definitely Top 15 on the one year anniversary of it’s release. The album has now spent 49 of 51 weeks in the Top 5 on the Country Chart.

22 19 CARRIE UNDERWOOD SOME HEARTS 45,130 Total 3,650,575

On the singles chart: Before He Cheats is spending the second week as the #1 single on the Country charts & it looks possible that a 3rd week will happen. Rascal Flatts single My Wish is closing ground, but they have a lot of ground to close, so it just depends on how quickly that happens.

Now the really big news from last night. Some Hearts has been certified 4X Platinum.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/idolchatter/

Carrie goes quadruple platinum
    BMG Nashville just announced that Carrie's Some Hearts album has been RIAA-certified as quadruple platinum, meaning 4 million copies have been shipped to retail. That's not quite the same as selling 4 million, but since she has sold 3.65 million as of this week, it's not much of a gap.
    It's a tremendous achievement; it's the second-best seller among Idol albums and is, according to BMG, only the second debut country album by a woman to be certified for quadruple platinum (Gretchen Wilson has the other one).

FORT Regular
    razorbacker - how are songs determined #1? or any number? I know that albums are based on sales but haven't heard how songs are tracked on the billboard charts.

Have you heard if any other songs on Carrie's album will be released to radio?

I think they potentially could be..she got lucky and got a really really good album full of great songs..I like all of them....I thought Before he cheats should have been the first single, but I think the way they did it is the best option, that way a really good single could fuel sales...

I really like "Im not in Checotah" a lot, but I dont think it would work as a single....I dont know...but I think all her songs could be number 1 hits on country radio, and all the country darlings are getting older..there isnt a really good young country star out there right now...

I wish her well.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Regular
    I'm not in Checotah is my favorite song on the album - I listen to it way more than others - especially the ones I can hear on the radio. She did get a great batch of songs to release. One of these days I hope to see her in concert.

+ Reply to Thread