+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I didn't see the award show, but congratulations to Carrie. Good for her and beautiful voice
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Congrats Carrie! You have an amazing voice.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Oh wow, I had no idea she was up against such great veterans. That's gotta be hard for everyone...
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I just watched Entertainment Tonight & watched Faith Hill's reaction to Carrie winning...I think she was joking around because before the winner was announced Faith was acting like she was going to win as a joke & when Carrie was announced the winner she acted upset & said "WHAT?????" into the camera.

I think she was joking around but you have to be careful when you do something like that because it can be misinterpreted.

Congrats to Carrie for winning the Horizon Award & the Female Vocalist of the Year.

What an incredible start to her singing career!

FORT Fanatic
    if its a joke, it was just some bad timing on faith's part. especially with the hoopala with the kanye west outburst at the mtv europe awards. i dont think it wouldnt have been that bad...just raise a few brows with that reaction but with west's tantrum i shouldve won cause it cost a million dollars and had pamela anderson in it blah blah blah...and that was an award show in europe...and still got big news here stateside (even tho he did throw similar tantrum at grammy's several years ago when he lost to maroon 5 for best new artist).

i can see it as a sarcastic joke in light of that situation, but i also see the tasteless sore loser reaction in it. it just doesnt goes well either way for faith hill. unless she was really shocked that of all the ones she lost to was to carrie and expected if she was going to lose, she wouldve lost out to martina or sara...considering that carrie's all new.

but if it was a joke, like what someone here mentioned earlier, she shouldve waited during the Q&A or interview session after the awards. i think then people could see it as a joke.

hopefully, carrie isnt taking this to heart and is just ignoring the situation. hope no one's bombarding her with questions on did you see faith's reaction, blah blah blah. or more importantly, hope faith talked to carrie about it right away and explained herself before she released that statement that it was only a joke.

oh well, ill still buy faith's cd's regardless shes a diva. crazy, that there are some that say she might lose some fans or something. but again there are some people who judge by characters or substance or both (unless something really bad like rape/kill/violent crimes).
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Well if Faith wanted to take the much deserved spotlight off Carrie and on to herself, she probably succeeded. One childish incident such as that could easily turn some people off.

Premium Member
    My husband said he heard yesterday on one of our afternoon radio talk shows that Faith was also caught on camera before they announced the winner, and she was saying something like "I had better (insert either f-word or 'finally') win". It was unclear exactly what she said and I don't even know if it's true or not, but if she really did say that than I take back anything I said to stick up for her.

It has been widely reported that this is indeed what Faith said. This whole thing just stinks to high heaven. A night that should have been as Carrie said " The best night of her life" has had all the life sucked out of it by Faith Hill. Joke or not it was very ill conceived & poorly timed.

Now, it has come out that Faith called Carrie & appologized & Carrie has stated that they are OK. But there really is some serious spin & damage control coming out of Faiths camp.

I have read numerous articles, blog entries, & seen this reported on newscast after newscast & it has been almost unanimous that Faith was in the wrong & most don't feel she was joking at all. They even discussed it on ESPN yesterday for goodness sake.

For anyone that hasn't seen the clips they are all over the internet. . Just do a search for Faith Hill & decide for yourself if she was joking or po'd.

I must add however, that all of this is free publicity for Carrie & she & her team are taking the high road by staying out of it.

Faith Hill Vs. Carrie Underwood: Leann Rimes Stirs Pot

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/11/08/091407.php

Faith Hill Vs. Carrie Underwood: Leann Rimes Stirs The Pot
    Written by Chris Evans
    Published November 08, 2006

After Faith Hill and her management reps tried their best attempt at damage control after Monday night's Carrie Underwood incident, Faith's friend Leann Rimes has opened back up a can of worms that may have closed quickly on its own. Directly after the CMA broadcast, blogs and message boards were abuzz with outrage and shock over the way Faith, normally a down to earth, friendly woman, handled losing to American Idol alumnus Carrie Underwood.
    Hill's management quickly released this statement once USA Today picked up the story, "I've worked with Faith for many years now and the idea that she would ever insult or undermine another artist, let alone another human being's success, is absolutely preposterous. Those who know her know that she's incapable of such actions. She was being playful while the nominations were being read and playful after."

After the story was picked up by even more media outlets, and the video made its way all across the internet, I guess they decided it was important Faith actually release a statement herself. "The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me," Hill said in a statement. "For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie is a talented and deserving Female Vocalist of The Year."

Jesse Schmidt, Underwood's publicist said the two of them spoke after the show and they were fine. Of course, I doubt directly after the show Carrie knew anything of Faith's reaction to her win. There are currently 14 different videos of the now infamous "Faith Hill Freak-Out" [FA edit], with a combined viewership of nearly 3 million. Even if Faith was joking, you have to admit it was a pretty stupid move on her part. With her big voice fading as fast as her sales, Faith now comes across as a bitter woman jealous of the young prolific starlet. What makes this story still noteworthy however, is a third blonde country belter that's been thrown into the mix - Leann Rimes. Known for her big pop-country hits back in the '90s including a cover of Trisha Yearwood's How Do I Live, Rimes has apparently been a longtime friend of Hill, and came to her defense today.

Thinking she would somehow help out her friend, she posted this message to her official website, "Okay, I usually keep quiet on topics like this but I feel I need to stand up for my friend, Faith. She was just being honest and emotional like every other person sitting at home with an opinion. These awards shows are SO political and we all get fed up with them. We all work very hard and have for many years so to see someone come in and win Female Vocalist that has been here for a VERY short time, is a little disheartening."

She went on to say, "That is why we have the Horizon award and Carrie had an incredible year, enough to sweep that one. I don't think Faith was angry about her loss, she probably felt, as I did that Carrie has not paid her dues long enough to fully deserve that award. As artists and public figures, we have to keep our feelings so repressed so we don't get called ungrateful as Faith has on this board many times now. She is a very sweet and gracious woman, whom I adore. Please cut her some slack!"

She then obviously realized that would start the ball rolling again with the Faith bashing and retracted the posting, replacing it with this, "This post is going to become more controversial than it needs to be. I have enjoyed talking with you about our opinions but feel that this already is blown way out of proportion. I stand by Faith as my fellow artist and friend as an honest mistake was magnified. I also, as you know from previous post, respect Carrie and wish her well!"

Since then, Hill's management team has contacted Leann and any mention of the CMA incident has been erased.

I've been a fan of Leann for quite a long time. She's got a beautiful voice, and her music gets better with each and every album that she puts out. Her This Woman album is in heavy rotation on my iPod all the time, and nothing she says could make me stop appreciating her music. But after those comments my respect for her has dropped to near zero.

It's quite obvious she's jealous of Carrie and is using her as well as her friend Faith for some much needed attention. What's pathetic is that she would risk more damage to her friend's image so that she can try to reclaim her short lived 15 minutes of fame. But of course, that's what happens when your lastest US album sells a little over 600,000 copies - not even a fourth of what Carrie's Some Hearts has sold.

And what dues exactly does Carrie need to pay? Everyone gets a record deal a different way, she just happened to get hers handed to her by America rather than some stiff tie behind a desk with a pen. I need not mention that on her worst day Carrie could sing circles around Rimes and on her best day even Hill. And don't give me any bull about her not being a credible artist because she won a talent contest as I'm sure she's not the only artist around today that has garnered some influential person's attention because they won some kind of contest, pageant, or performed live in the right place at the right time. Hell, even Frank Sinatra got his start from a talent contest so let's not go there.

I'm wondering though, if Rimes and Hill are as good friends as she makes them out to be - how truthful Hill's reaction really was to the CMA award announcement. There's a saying that 90% of what you say when you're joking is the truth. And it seems Leann is almost speaking for herself and Hill in her posting.

Will this whole incident blow over? Or will this moment unfortunately live on for Faith in infamy? What is true, is that this "feud" between Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood will follow them for the rest of their careers - if even just because of perpetuation by the media. Finally Country music gets some diva scandal! Get ready for a rematch though. Hill and Underwood are up against each other again in January when they compete at the People's Choice Awards.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 11-08-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Carrie & her legs are starting to get international attention. Click on the link & check the from the waste down photo. There is also a shot of her with the two awards. The past 2 days have seen a lot of International papers pick up on Carrie & her wins. Looks like the International community may finally be taking an interest in Ms. Underwood.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...510702,00.html

+ Reply to Thread