+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 426 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

She has been my favorite eversince seeing her audition in St Louis, but she has got to put more of herself into these songs! She is an absolutely striking looking woman & needs to have more confidence up on the stage.

GO CARRIE!

FORT Fogey
    Well, she's becoming less and less of a favorite of mine every week -- and it does have to do with the lack of emotional involvement with her songs. Several of the singers she is competing against have managed to connect with the audience on many occasions. I can't see her winning this competition if she keeps singing songs the way she is now.

I'm in the middle on Carrie, but have to admit that her and Bo singing together was one of the only highspots of that horrible group song they sang on Wednesday. She does have a great country voice for duets.
    I think the problem is she has the talent but has trouble performing in front of a crowd. Where Bo and Nadia are great performers with good to great voices, Carrie has a great voice but needs someone to help her with the "stage act". There's no doubt in a recording studio with no audience, she will nail it.

She has been my favorite since her audition.Her voice is just so natural, it's beautiful.She's talented, beautiful, sweet and humble what's not to love ?Anyways I think she and Bo will make the final 2.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Carrie to me is someone who i could listen to on the radio.. but would never like to see on tv or in concert.

I actually loved her performance this week, surprised that Randy and Paula didnt.
    I truly believe that those 2 dont like her though, really. Those 2 always seem to go against who Simon likes and champions - Carmen, John etc
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Well Carmen and John were awful. Paula and Randy had good reason to not like them. Anyway, Carrie is vocally the best female to me. I sincerely hope she'll be able to connect with the audience better in the future. I'm pretty sure she will go very far in this competition.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

FORT Fan
    The key I think lies in Carrie discovering where her strengths are.

Carrie has a very strong voice and combined with those homespun "country girl" looks, she is very marketable.

With her considerable fan base, all Carrie needs is to have a very good performance next week to cement her position as a frontrunner and retain the loyalty of all her fans.

Carrie may not have a dynamic stage presence like Nadia and Bo, but somehow I think she doesn't need it. She has her beautiful looks and strong vocals to assist her.

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    The key I think lies in Carrie discovering where her strengths are.

Carrie has a very strong voice and combined with those homespun "country girl" looks, she is very marketable.

With her considerable fan base, all Carrie needs is to have a very good performance next week to cement her position as a frontrunner and retain the loyalty of all her fans.

Carrie may not have a dynamic stage presence like Nadia and Bo, but somehow I think she doesn't need it. She has her beautiful looks and strong vocals to assist her.
    I think Carrie has the best voice in the competition. What I hate is that one week the judges tell her to be true to herself and then they tell her she is too safe with her song choices. Which is it? I think if Carrie stays true to herself and continues to sing as well as she always does, she will wind up in the final two with Bo. I can't say that I think she'll win over Bo, but I do think it will come down between the two of them.

Carrie should have sang "Words of Love" by the Mamas and the Papas. Great song choice for her for 60s theme.

+ Reply to Thread