+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Are you all as envious of razorbacker as I am? I'd love to be there, too.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm sure razor is having a heckuva time....and yes Muduh, I'm jealous too! All those great acts...and to think that me and you really aren't that far away from Nashville and we could be there too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Day 3 is in the books & last night was just another great show at the Coliseum. The lineup was Billy Ray Cyrus, Miranda Lambert, Craig Morgan, Carrie, Josh Turner, Martina McBride, & Brad Paisley. Let me telll you it was a night for the ladies. Miranda, Carrie, & Martina were all just smokin. But, NOBODY, & I mean NOBODY in the 3 days of this event elisited the response that Martina McBride did last night when she sang Broken Wing. The crowd just went nuts, it actually brought her to tears. There have been some phenomenal acts but that was just above & beyond spectacular.

For anyone interested put July 24th on your calendar. That night ABC will be doing a 2 hr. special & you will be able to see most of these artists & experience some great entertainment.

And just as a little secret watch what they have Carrie do. It's going to be pretty special if it comes out like it was filmed last night.

Tonight is the end but boy what a week it has been.Tonights show has an unlisted special guest & the rumors are all over the place as to who it will be, but the announced lineup is Keith Anderson, Clint Black, Joe Nichols, Lee Ann Rimes, SheDAISY, Sugarland, & ending the night Ronnie Milsap & Los Lonely Boys.

Now it's off to try & meet Carrie, but the doors to the artist areas haven't opened yet & she doesn't start signing until noon, but the place is so packed that the won't even let anybody else in. So fat chance of meeting her, but at least I'll see her.

If anyone gets a chance go to the Nashville newspaper, I don't know the address, you'll have to google it, but they have a great photo of Carrie on stage last night.

Tata for now.

Razor, I searched the The Tennessean but couldn't find the picture. Could you try to find it when you get home and post it here? TY!

What was Carrie wearing? What songs is she singing? Does the audience sing along with her? Any comments in the papers about Wynona's audience leaving as she came on stage?

Thanks, again, for all the great Carrie updates. You're a sweetheart.
    Last edited by roses4me; 06-11-2006 at 11:52 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Here ya go razor....and may I say, Carrie "carries" this look very well...she looks gorgeous, as always!!
    And correct me if I'm wrong razor, but those are shorts and not a mini-skirt, right?! So she wasn't going all hoochie-coochie on the crowd!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan
    Whooo! Carrie looks really pretty and skanky! I love her!

FORT Fanatic
    razor's a lucky bast.

maybe in the future i shall go to the festival. i have cousins who lives an hour and a half away east from nashville. maybe its time to visit them. the last time i saw them was 5 yrs ago when they came down here in HI. but i would feel out of place since im asian(full filipino) while they're half and took the fair side. lol. will think about it and plan ahead.

carrie's outfit. she pulled it off. and for those who said she'll start dressing skanky. well, i think that is skanky she'll ever get. lol. really, skanky and carrie underwood doesnt seem right at all. it just doesnt mesh.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

bell, you shouldn't feel the least bit out of place. We have folks from everywhere here in Tennessee. I don't think anyone would care about the shade of your skin.

I am not a huge fan of Carrie's french maid look, or whatever she was going for, but if she had fun with it, that's fine but I like her better in pretty dresses. She's a classy looking girl and doesn't need the cheap look.

I'm not loving the outfit, but it's probably so hot and humid there, she needs clothes that breathe. lol

She looks best in long, flowing gowns. I guess she can't wear those kind of dresses all the time. The dress she wore on the CMT (?) awards was stunning! The way the fan was blowing her hair and dress was so angelic and it went perfectly with the song JTTW.

Thanks, again, Razor and all others for the great Carrie updates!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Whooo! Carrie looks really pretty and skanky! I love her!
    Um, FYI, "skanky" is not usually considered a positive term.

+ Reply to Thread