+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Did you check out those socks? She'd definitely stand out in a crowd in those. How funny, and cute.

Awww...Muduh, where do you see her socks? I love the outfits that Carrie's stylist has her wear... she's always gorgeous!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

It is a bit too early for the Soundscan Numbers to make this weeks Chart positions & sales figures official, but I am on my way to Nashville for CMA Fest & will not be around to post them when they are official. So, I thought I would put up the preliminary numbers from Hits Daily Double. They are usually pretty close but Soundscan will adjust everybody somewhat.

As it stands now, Some Hearts will be anywhere from #9 to #11 on the Billboard Top 200. The 3 albums fighting for those positions are really close so it could fall any direction. But, Carrie will remain at #3 on the Country Charts behind The Dixie Chicks & Rascal Flatts & ahead of Tim McGraw & Toby Keith.

Total sales are going to be somewhere in the 50,000 range putting total to date at 2,966,000. Pretty nice staying power I think.

Broadway, go to that tennessean link, site, whatever it's called, and check out the Related photo gallery.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... dang it, I had missed that the first time around. I was following all kinds of links on that page, but missed that one. I feel stupid.

A little birdie also sent me some other shots, too. Very silly socks, but she could definitely wear a wet paper sack and look gorgeous.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The little birdie doesn't want to share? Well!

Here's a link to an article about Carrie:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060608/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Apparently the governor and 18 of "his people" are coming to see her perform.

Enjoy!

Greetings from Nashville & The CMA Music Fest, If you haven't had an opportunity to attend this event in the past I would definitely suggest planning a trip in the future. Just yesterday alone the music started on the Riverfront Stages at 10 am with Charley Daniels & 35 acts later at 6pm the day ended with Trick Pony. Then the festivities moved into the Coliseum for the night time show for about 70,000 fans. The lineup was Little Big Town, Pat Green, Blake Shelton, Sara Evans, then as an extra unannounced surprise guest Dierks Bently, followed by Garry Allen, Brooks & Dunn & when they sang Believe they asked a friend to join them on the stage to play guitar & on came Keith Urban, they were followed by Hank Williams Jr. & they evening ended at midnight with Lynyrd Skynyrd. The same format continues until Sunday night at which time there will have been over 150 major artists to appear. But, the main reason I am here is for tomorrow nights show in the Coliseum. It includes Josh Turner, Billy Ray Cyrus, Miranda Lambert, Craig Morgan, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, & of course Ms. Carrie Underwood. There is no other group of artists that does this for the fans, all these artists apear free & all the proceeds go to local charities.

Oh yeah, it looks like I underestimated Carries weekly sales. Check it out, looks like the Chesney Tour is helping with visibility. And just look at the download totals for Jesus Take the Wheel, almost Triple Platinum.

Billboard 200
    #8 Some Hearts 53,634 Total: 2,967,589

Hot Digital Songs
    #39 JTTW 16,196 Total: 523,788

I just thought I would stop in & update everyone on last nights show in the Coliseum. It was a larger crowd, probably in excess of 75,000. The lineup was Terri Clark, Jason Aldean, Trisha Yearwood, Billy Currington, Montgomery Gentry, Trace Adkins, & then the surprise guest who flew in his whole band from NYC just for the show & performed 3 songs Kenny Chesney, & Wynonna closed the show. And for you Carrie fans that were upset by Wy's vanilla comments a while back, you will be interested to know that when she hit the stage the stadium started to empty. It was really amazing how many people left. Maybe people don't like her type of non vanilla.

So Carrie is tonight & it is highly anticipated.

I also thought you might be interested to know that not only do the stars show up to perform, but the convention center is full of them at numerous booths all day long signing autograhps, taking pictures, & meeting fans. All free & included in the price of the concert tickets.

Carrie signs tomorrow for 3 hrs. & it is one of the hardest tickets to get. They are anticipating pandemonium. I know you think I am probably full of it, but I guanrantee she has lit this city up.

Razor, the only thing you're full of is info about our darlin' Carrie! Keep up the great work.

+ Reply to Thread