+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

It was Carrie, Muduh. I remember the commercial, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Phew! Thought I'd really lost it there for a minute. Thanks!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I remember seeing a tv commercial, last year, with Carrie sitting in a bedroom floor deciding which Skechers to wear. It was cute.
    There's also print pictures of the same thing! Here ya go...

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Yeah, bama, I remember now! I already have Skechers, but I sure did want one of those dogs.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Yeah, bama, I remember now! I already have Skechers, but I sure did want one of those dogs.
    Aren't they just precious????
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I wouldn't call them a legend either, however they were very popular in the then called country/western field. I grew up in Nashville so maybe I was used to seeing them on tv and in the news all the time.
    I don't doubt that. But "country" stars like Hank Williams, Jim Reeves, Garth Brooks, Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline, Eddy Arnold, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Shania Twain, Alan Jackson, Kenny Rogers, and Glen Campbell were/are widely known outside Nashville and you don't have to listen to strict-format country stations to be aware of their hits. Right now, I think Carrie's music is known mainly to "country music" fans, but she has the potential to be known by a much broader audience.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Thanks for posting the pix. They're both cute. The bottom one reminds me of a very young Connie Stevens.

Carrie is so photogenic. I'm surprised she's not on more magazine covers.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    Thanks for posting the pix. They're both cute. The bottom one reminds me of a very young Connie Stevens.

Carrie is so photogenic. I'm surprised she's not on more magazine covers.
    Just the other day I was in B&N & without looking to hard I saw Carrie on 4 separate covers. That isn't the first time either. I don't think it would be an overestimation to say that I know of about 20 - 25 covers just since the release of her album. And there are at least two more in the pipelines due to release in the next couple of months. And even without the covers, you can find multiple articles & photo shoots going back all the way to the time of her first winning. I would guess these are probably nearing 50 or more.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 06-02-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    I don't doubt that. But "country" stars like Hank Williams, Jim Reeves, Garth Brooks, Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline, Eddy Arnold, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Shania Twain, Alan Jackson, Kenny Rogers, and Glen Campbell were/are widely known outside Nashville and you don't have to listen to strict-format country stations to be aware of their hits. Right now, I think Carrie's music is known mainly to "country music" fans, but she has the potential to be known by a much broader audience.
    But I doubt that any of those people were widely known in their first year of public appearances. As a matter of fact, I can remember when most of them were fairly unknowns. None was a legend right out of the starting gate.

Somebody earlier was saying that country music treats its female artists better than pop music does and those artists can look forward to long careers. I think that's where the discussion of past and present country stars came up. It wasn't about overnight sensations.

+ Reply to Thread