+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

umm... I guess we are not allowed to put up links to youtube, but if you do a search for carrie underwood, the second page has her performance from last night.... she was a little pitchy, but everyone else was last night as well, she looked beautiful, and it was very sweet at the end
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

she was a little pitchy but when she broke down in tears I knew why!

Bless her heart....

Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka View Post
    I want to make sure I understand this....Carrie is singing tonight on American Idol?
    Carrie, Taylor & Kat are singing together on We Made It Through the Rain, & Carrie will also be doing her new single Don't Forget To Remember Me.

FORT Fan
    I've just seen Carrie's performance at the CMA's! It's really surprising that such a young talent like Carrie could win the acceptance of so many of her peers in such a short period of time. Her performance was heartfeit and incredibly powerful (even if I did not dig the song much).

Hmm...the "American Idol" phenomana surely cannot be underestimated. Unbelievable!

I thought Carrie sang far better than Taylor or Kat on the finale. Now that's what an idol should sound like! I forgot how amazing her voice is after this forgetable season. She and Clay were the best tonight.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Last night Carrie was beautiful & her voice just soars. She is what an American Idol should be.

Congratulations on your year as the reigning American Idol Carrie. It was a truly great year & you did everything to always remember & Thank the folks at 19E & Idol management for the opportunities you have been given. Now, it's your time to shine on your own, & I for one have no doubt that you will continue to do so. Next stop Superstardom!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    What I said in the Katherine thread, applies here as well....This girl never makes a bad picture!!!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

AHHHHH!!! That's a superb shot of Carrie and Taylor. Now to make it my desktop.
    2003-2008.

Carries sales for the week. She finishes with the #3 album on the Country charts. After her appearances this week it will be interesting to see of she gets any bump at all.

Billboard 200
    #22 Some Hearts 35,180 Total: 2,849,201

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Carrie's performance was amazing. She looked great, and she was very humbled by being in Vegas and performing/being nominated for these awards. Did you see the standing O at the end? Even the big guns like Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban were on their feet. Not many people got such a stellar ovation. The only other one I can truly remember getting a reception like that was Big and Rich.

Carrie was nominated for 4 awards. She won 2. The songwriter lost for record of the year, but Carrie won for single of the year beating most of the same nominees. Carrie also won new femaile vocalist but lost to outstanding female vocalist. I'm not surprised she lost that, but I am surprised as to who she lost it to. I honestly thought it would be Gretchen Wilson or Martina McBride, but Carrie actually lost to Sara Evans (whose performance was far inferior to Carrie's).

If last night was any indication, Carrie may end up being the most successful Idol winner ever over time. Country music is known to generate LONG careers. Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Kenny Chesney are all in their second decade. Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, and George Strait are even longer. All still sell a lot of cd's and fill a lot of seats in big arenas (Garth excluded on that one since he doesn't tour).

Kelly has done well, but pop music is a fair weather genre. The comeback cd (which was brilliant) by the Backstreet Boys shows that. You can be at the top one minute and a laughing stock the next. There are a lot fewer long-haul artists in pop. Madonna and Cher are two females that come to mind when discussing long-term success. I'm not sure Kelly Clarkson will survive to be in those ranks. She is fantastic, but I can still see Carrie Underwood outlasting her. Simon was very smart for pimping Carrie last year the way he did. He knew there was money to be made in country music and that it has the potential to garner long-term interest. He's a very smart business man, and it will pay dividends with Ms. Underwood.
    I was also surprised that Carrie lost to Sara Evans. I would have expected her to lose to Martina of the three ladies she was up against. And I must say, Sara Evans' performance was not very good.

I think that Simon got his wake-up call on the profitability of country music when 19E passed on Josh Gracin, and Josh turned around and made a name for himself in country. This was a bit of good fortune for Carrie - and boy, am I glad! What a beautiful, talented young lady! I have no shame in saying I voted furiously for her last year and believe you're right in saying that she will likely be the most successful Idol winner in the long run.

+ Reply to Thread