+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

So amazing to think of where little Carrie Underwood was just a year and a half ago...it is no wonder she broke down!!!

It has been a fairytale alright....her world is totally different in one blink of an eye. The country Music Association and other artists have welcomed her with warm open arms! She is their new darling and they adore her!!

Wow!!

Who can even imagine how that girl feels this morning? Her performance was just beautiful, and so was she.
    Carrie is exactly what I think of as an Idol. I wish so many more good things for her.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Carrie's performance was amazing. She looked great, and she was very humbled by being in Vegas and performing/being nominated for these awards. Did you see the standing O at the end? Even the big guns like Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban were on their feet. Not many people got such a stellar ovation. The only other one I can truly remember getting a reception like that was Big and Rich.

Carrie was nominated for 4 awards. She won 2. The songwriter lost for record of the year, but Carrie won for single of the year beating most of the same nominees. Carrie also won new femaile vocalist but lost to outstanding female vocalist. I'm not surprised she lost that, but I am surprised as to who she lost it to. I honestly thought it would be Gretchen Wilson or Martina McBride, but Carrie actually lost to Sara Evans (whose performance was far inferior to Carrie's).

It says a lot that country music is taking her seriously that she was nominated for 4 awards, especially Outstanding Female Vocalist. She was truly nominated with the big guns there. Record/Song of the Year isn't hard to believe with such a powerful song. New Female Vocalist is also much believable, but for her to be nominated in the ranks of Martina and Gretchen is a real compliment to her.

If last night was any indication, Carrie may end up being the most successful Idol winner ever over time. Country music is known to generate LONG careers. Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Kenny Chesney are all in their second decade. Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, and George Strait are even longer. All still sell a lot of cd's and fill a lot of seats in big arenas (Garth excluded on that one since he doesn't tour).

Kelly has done well, but pop music is a fair weather genre. The comeback cd (which was brilliant) by the Backstreet Boys shows that. You can be at the top one minute and a laughing stock the next. There are a lot fewer long-haul artists in pop. Madonna and Cher are two females that come to mind when discussing long-term success. I'm not sure Kelly Clarkson will survive to be in those ranks. She is fantastic, but I can still see Carrie Underwood outlasting her. Simon was very smart for pimping Carrie last year the way he did. He knew there was money to be made in country music and that it has the potential to garner long-term interest. He's a very smart business man, and it will pay dividends with Ms. Underwood.

Very nicely put yourfired.

And just to add one thing Carrie, Brad Paisley & Brooks & Dunn were the only ones to win multiple awards last night.

I think the Country Industry likes her a lot. The spotlight she brought with her from Idol has done wonders for introducing Country music to legions that had never listened before & that was felt last year when Country music was the genre that gained in sales while most others saw a decline. Carrie has played no small part in that.

If Carrie doesn't make People's 100 (top ten!) most beautiful people, then there's something wrong with all the editors' eyesight. Doesn't the Emmy committee nominate most outstanding single performance every year? I remember a few ice skaters winning an Emmy, but not for the entire show, just their individual performances. Carrie certainly deserves one after last night. I still get a lot of chills thinking about it.

Hi Razor! I knew you'd be here. Yeah!
    Last edited by roses4me; 05-24-2006 at 09:36 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I'm so thrilled for Carrie. She certainly deserves those awards. I'm so sorry I missed her performance though.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    That was so cool to see Carrie win big last night! I teared up when she started tearing up at the end of her song, that was such a touching moment. Just think we knew her when she was just some girl from Oklahoma!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

I want to make sure I understand this....Carrie is singing tonight on American Idol?

Anybody know if her performance is anywhere online? I missed it! But I am SOOOO thrilled for her! Amazing for a girl who was a complete unknown just over a year ago!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Carrie's performance was amazing. She looked great, and she was very humbled by being in Vegas and performing/being nominated for these awards. Did you see the standing O at the end? Even the big guns like Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban were on their feet. Not many people got such a stellar ovation. The only other one I can truly remember getting a reception like that was Big and Rich.

Carrie was nominated for 4 awards. She won 2. The songwriter lost for record of the year, but Carrie won for single of the year beating most of the same nominees. Carrie also won new femaile vocalist but lost to outstanding female vocalist. I'm not surprised she lost that, but I am surprised as to who she lost it to. I honestly thought it would be Gretchen Wilson or Martina McBride, but Carrie actually lost to Sara Evans (whose performance was far inferior to Carrie's).

It says a lot that country music is taking her seriously that she was nominated for 4 awards, especially Outstanding Female Vocalist. She was truly nominated with the big guns there. Record/Song of the Year isn't hard to believe with such a powerful song. New Female Vocalist is also much believable, but for her to be nominated in the ranks of Martina and Gretchen is a real compliment to her.

If last night was any indication, Carrie may end up being the most successful Idol winner ever over time. Country music is known to generate LONG careers. Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Kenny Chesney are all in their second decade. Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, and George Strait are even longer. All still sell a lot of cd's and fill a lot of seats in big arenas (Garth excluded on that one since he doesn't tour).

Kelly has done well, but pop music is a fair weather genre. The comeback cd (which was brilliant) by the Backstreet Boys shows that. You can be at the top one minute and a laughing stock the next. There are a lot fewer long-haul artists in pop. Madonna and Cher are two females that come to mind when discussing long-term success. I'm not sure Kelly Clarkson will survive to be in those ranks. She is fantastic, but I can still see Carrie Underwood outlasting her. Simon was very smart for pimping Carrie last year the way he did. He knew there was money to be made in country music and that it has the potential to garner long-term interest. He's a very smart business man, and it will pay dividends with Ms. Underwood.
    I agree with all but one point. Carrie lost to Sara Evans, who has been in the industry for close to 10 years and has paid her dues. She always loses out to Martina McBride, Faith Hill, etc. It was time for Sara. I just saw her live in Phoenix a few weeks ago and she is AMAZING. Great energy on stage, incredible voice. I agree, she didn't sound great last night, many had probs IMO (Rascal Flatts and Kelly Clarkson were NOT good). It has something to do with changing out equipment in such a fast turn around.

I did not watch Carrie on AI last year, but I am thrilled for her success. She is an asset to the genre, having sold over 2 millions CD's and counting, country music is rewarding her, like they awarded Gretchen Wilson last year for her breakthrough success.

+ Reply to Thread