+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Congrats Carrie...caught her performance right after IDOL...she had me in tears to!! Standing O (Whoo hoo ) and an award too!!

Awesome..you go girl!!!
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 05-24-2006 at 12:33 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    She did do great, didn't she?! Two awards...and she looked beautiful!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

good job Carrie!! I loved that little "yes" motion she did when she won the first award lol. I dont think she realized the camera was on her..very cute
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I had chills, too, listening and watching Carrie on tv tonight. She was absolutely gorgeous in both voice and appearance.

I don't like country, but the song she sang tonight was magnificent. America got it right when we voted for her last year!

I missed the awards show....the Oilers were taking down the Ducks one more time...I had to have my priorities straight

Carried looks AMAZING. She is so beautiful and talented. I wish I could have seen her perform! She won too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    i switched right away from idol to the ACMs. and got there in time. she just started singing "jesus". she's getting stronger and stronger vocally singing that song. and boy did she get emotional at the end. she was incredible.

hope tomorrow night is awesome. her, kat, and taylor singing together. all 3 different styles...will be interesting.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

FORT Fan
    Hi, I am a fan from Singapore. I am sorry...but which awards did Carrie win?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Carrie won an ACM. http://www.acmcountry.com/content/index.php

I thought she was terrific singing Jesus. She also won for new female. She thanked all of those associated with AI and 19 Entertainment. She's a really sweet kid and gorgeous - my goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Hi Felix,

You certainly missed the most stirring performance of Jesus Take The Wheel yet. She broke down in tears at the end of the song & couldn't finish. It had everybody in tears. And the ovation was the longest & loudest of the night. Simply wonderful.

Carrie won the award for Best Single... Jesus Take The Wheel

And the big one she also won for Best New Female Vocalist.

When she won the second award the first folks she thanked were Simon Fuller, 19 management, everybody at American Idol & the fans. She ended up thanking God for opening up all the doors for her. It was a great night for Carrie & a great night for those of us who have supported her from the beginning.

Hopefully tonight will be the same when she sings Don't Forget To Remember Me & joins Kat & Taylor for We Made It Through The Rain.

I just read the review of the awards show from CMT.Com & here is their quote on Carries performance last night.

And lest anyone not believe in Carrie Underwood's future as a country singer, her delivery of "Jesus, Take the Wheel" stopped the audience in its tracks
    Last edited by razorbacker; 05-24-2006 at 07:24 AM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Hi Felix,

You certainly missed the most stirring performance of Jesus Take The Wheel yet. She broke down in tears at the end of the song & couldn't finish. It had everybody in tears. And the ovation was the longest & loudest of the night. Simply wonderful.

Carrie won the award for Best Single... Jesus Take The Wheel

And the big one she also won for Best New Female Vocalist.

When she won the second award the first folks she thanked were Simon Fuller, 19 management, everybody at American Idol & the fans. She ended up thanking God for opening up all the doors for her. It was a great night for Carrie & a great night for those of us who have supported her from the beginning.

Hopefully tonight will be the same when she sings Don't Forget To Remember Me & joins Kat & Taylor for We Made It Through The Rain.
    Unbelievable! Unfortunately, Country music isn't particularly big here in Singapore. With the exception of what I find on the web, Singapore rarely shows any videos of Carrie and her performances. MTV Asia is a little lacking in that regard.

I have a favour to ask you. Do you where I can find a quicktime or Youtube clip of Carrie's performance last night at the CMA? I would really appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread