+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Yes, Kelly Clarkson will perform.

I am a big country music fan and it's been interesting watching the progression of this genre. Bon Jovi with Sugarland, John Mellencamp with Travis Tritt, Sheryl Crow, Bruce Springsteen are all being played on CMT videos with some even having success on country radio.

It's a wide open/big umbrella genre now.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede View Post

I am a big country music fan and it's been interesting watching the progression of this genre. Bon Jovi with Sugarland, John Mellencamp with Travis Tritt, Sheryl Crow, Bruce Springsteen are all being played on CMT videos with some even having success on country radio.

Kelly is doing a duet with Rascal Flatts.

And just to add to what you are saying, there are so many on this board that say they hate Country music, & that's fine, but they are missing out on some of the best music & hottest acts going on right now. Country ain't your Grandmas Counrty anymore. Country fans are well known for supporting their favorites throught thick & thin, good albums & bad, I think Carrie made an extremely wise choice in her preferred genre. And I think 19E made another wise choice in keeping Clive Davis at bay.

By the way as of late last night Carrie now has her second Top 10 Country hit as Don't Forget To Remember Me reached #10 & is still progressing up the charts.

Watch it, razorbacker. I'm that grandma you're putting down for not knowing good music.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Watch it, razorbacker. I'm that grandma you're putting down for not knowing good music.

Now Muduh, ya know what I meant. Im just sayin Country music has progressed past the My wife ran off with my pickup & ran over my dog while on her way to get drunk & she came back with a tattoo & a new boyfriend type of stuff that so many people still want to saddle it with.

By the way it has just been announced that Carrie will be making her 4th appearance on the Grand Ol Opry stage. This will happen during the week of CMA Fest. The Opry on the 6th & the Coliseum on the 10th.

http://www.opry.com/TicketsAndInformation/Calendar.aspx

6/6 Diamond Rio, Craig Morgan, Blake Shelton, Jimmy Dickens, Carrie Underwood

Well, Maybe you're right with the grandma remark, because I still love those old "beer drankin" songs. I'd rather hear them than what most of the newer stars sing.

I swear that Jimmy Dickens will die on that stage. The man is about 85 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede View Post

Agree..totally. It's a HUGE genre of music right now. I like the country music of today, but I also appreciate the older country stuff, too.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

"Before he cheats" is one of my favorite songs....it fits the OLD country prototype well. For the record Carrie said of the song...it is something she would NEVER do even if she wanted to! (vandalizing a car that is) LOL

A big week for Carrie started last night with all the new stars of Country music putting on a show in Vegas. Good luck tonight Carrie, bring home those awards.

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/153...headlines=true

Carrie Underwood Leads Night of Newcomers in Las Vegas
    Fellow Performers Include First-Time ACM Nominees
    By: Craig Shelburne
    LAS VEGAS -- Carrie Underwood kicked off a three-hour show of country's newest artists on Monday night (May 22) at the MGM Grand, driving home the realization that a fresh crop of singers are really making progress in country music.

Pretty much everybody on the lineup had a No. 1 hit -- which is probably why all the performing artists were nominated for top new male, female or duo or group category at Tuesday's (May 23) Academy of Country Music awards show.

A huge line snaked throughout the back corridors of the MGM Grand waiting to get into the cavernous ballroom for the ACM's new artists show, and those who came early were treated to the biggest star of the night, Underwood, who sang "Jesus, Take the Wheel" and "Before He Cheats." Unfortunately, the ballroom was still only about a third full, despite several thousand fans and industry folks in attendance, which made it hard to sustain too much crowd momentum in between the sets.

From where I was sitting (about halfway back in a sea of empty convention center chairs), it sounded like Miranda Lambert got about three seconds of applause, promoting the emcee to immediately say, "One more time for Miranda Lambert!" which led to about three more seconds of applause. Of course, Underwood is a hard act to follow, even when your hits (like Lambert's "Kerosene" and "Brand New Strings") are pretty catchy. Lambert also tossed in a cover of Steve Earle's "Hillbilly Highway."

Because all of the artists only have a handful of hits, nobody outstayed their welcome. Jason Aldean (who couldn't get even get a wristband to the show last year) relied on loud guitars to get his music across. Little Big Town harmonized wonderfully on "Good as Gone," "Bring It On Home" and "Boondocks," and Julie Roberts appeared very poised and confident (and sounded great, too) while previewing three songs from her upcoming album, including a Patsy Cline-ish "Smile" and the memorable "Men & Mascara."

Craig Morgan told the audience he wouldn't have missed the show for anything, even though he hobbled on and off stage on a pair of crutches after breaking his leg in a recent motorcycle accident. Always a popular live performer, the crowd really got into his hits, "I Got You," "That's What I Love About Sunday" and "Redneck Yacht Club" -- with a little bit of Steve Miller's "The Joker" tossed in.

Billy Currington also offered a strong set of his latest singles. Though he's mostly known for being sexy at this point, when you strip away (or to rephrase -- take away) the buff bod, he's a very capable and engaging singer. Although it would have made sense to have Underwood close out the show (due to her four ACM nominations), the audience didn't seem to mind hanging around until Currington concluded the evening with "I Got a Feeling."

In addition, a silent auction of autographed guitars, CDs and other memorabilia in the hallway raised money for the T.J. Martell Foundation, while a live auction in the ballroom (with generous prize packages from Kenny Chesney and Rascal Flatts) brought in more than $55,000 for the charity.

Carrie on the red carpet tonight...thanks to Razorbacker.. OMG!!! Is she beautiful!

cally.... thanks for the picture... she does look stunning, as always!

And razorbacker... thanks for that fun video. I've just been able to watch it and loved seeing Carrie rock! That was fun.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread