+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 423 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Newbie
    Scott has been helped with his apparent lack of support from his father.
    Don't want this thread to be about Scott since we all love Carrie. But Scott, in an interview did say that the statement he made in the auditions was OVERBLOWN. He and his dad have a good relationship and he supports him all the way now.

Carrie is the fav. But watch out for Scott. This guy is willing to innovate, take on challenging vocals to stay in the game. He does not have Carrie's looks and charm, that is why he is going to overcome this liability with his voice. I had him as an early goer before but this time, I'm not so sure.

It will make for an interesting season.

Awwww...I really like Carrie Underwood, she's a sweetheart, and she doesn't seem like she'll get in over her head with fame if she wins american idol. That girl can sing and to top it off she's an all american good girl which i like about her

FORT Newbie
    As much as I like Carrie, I think she has a little problem --- her inability to take chances.

Nadia and Vonzell and even Mikalah ( although she has her limitations ) at least are fearless and tackle difficult pieces. Not so Carrie.

The past 2 weeks have shown ( especially last night ) that Carrie prefers not to tax her vocal abilities. if she continues on this course, even if she makes the top 12, the furthest she'll go will be the middle of the pack and that is just too bad. She has the best voice of all the women out there. But country has its limits. Lets hope she shows us how far she can reach. Otherwise one word will haunt her throughout the contest --- BORING.

FORT Fan
    I am a big fan of Carrie's.

She is the ONE thing in American Idol 4 that makes it worth watching.

Her performance last night was just as the Judges said. Strong, well trained but...slow. It lacked energy. A pity since I know Carrie is capable of working wonders. "Could Have Been" was incredible. It was the best peformance of the season so far.

From the feedback i have seen here, everyone feels a chink in Carrie's armour has appeared. Suddenly...she is vulnerable.

CARRIE FANS! Now it is time to show your mettle. She needs our support!

Simon may be an ass sometimes, but i feel he is right on the money on Carrie. She definitely has potential, but she also needs OUR help to succeed.

It's a two way street.

Has anyone seen a voting poll so far? Is Carrie (gasp) in danger of being...eliminated?

Her song last night was boring. It's a shame, too, because she does have a very good voice. I enjoyed her for a while, but she is just dullsville...kinda like a female Anthony. Both have talent, but neither has been impressive lately.

She needs to find a spark and show it. I did vote a few times for her last night, but if she continues to be mediocre, I won't vote for her again.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felix
    Has anyone seen a voting poll so far? Is Carrie (gasp) in danger of being...eliminated?
    Not a chance... I watched it late last night (an hour after it aired) and started calling about 15 minutes till voting closed and her line was tied up and I couldn't get through but the other two I voted for were easy to get through on (Nadia and Jessica). So if her line was still tied up 15 minutes till voting was closed I think she is fine... she isn't going anywhere.

I wasn't able to start voting last night until an hour after the show ended due to my little girl not wanting to go to sleep. I was able to get through about 30 percent of the time. I threw her a lot of votes, so I'm hoping it will help some.

i think carrie is definitely safe for now.

i agree with those of you that think she's got a great voice, but she lacks charisma and stage presence. i think she's a really pretty girl with a good voice, but find her performances boring to watch. granted, this week i felt that all the girls but nadia were lacking.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    She seems very "Stepford" to me... I like her... and when she gets up there I want her to do well and since she has a great voice I can justify that she has done her job... but man when some of the other get up there it is like Carrie who? She needs to step it up a notice and wipe the fake plastered smile off her face... do something different with her hair (even if it is just pulling it up some why) and clothes... and above everything else look like you are having fun. She has the vocals... she just has to learn the rest... give her some time with a stylist and a choreographer (sp?) and I would like to see what happens. I am also interested to see her on Theme nights

I think after last night, Carrie has lost some stock in this competition. Simon hit it right on the nose when he said last week that she lost some "star quality". Jessica is dominating Carrie in this competition (almost like how Bo is dominating Constantine).
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread