+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety View Post
    Carrie's album is deliciously authentic Carrie from start to finish. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    Tickety, apparantely there are many that agree with you.

You have to sign up with these guys to read this, but Carrie is holding her own against some big names.

Album Leaders At 33 1/3
    ______________________________ __________
    ALBUM LEADERS AT 33 1/3: Looking at the year's top sellers to date, it's readily apparent that adult and country titles are on the upsurge, while rock remains depressed--providing additional ammunition to those who insist that illegal fire-sharing and CD-burning are at the root of the music industry's malaise. The year's top albums to date, with sales from the beginning of 2006:
    1. High School Musical (Walt Disney Records): 1.8m,
    2. Rascal Flatts, Me and My Gang (Lyric Street/Hollywood): 1.4m,
    3. Mary J. Blige, Breakthrough (Geffen): 1.3m,
    4. James Blunt, Back to Bedlam (Custard/Atlantic): 1.2m,
    5. Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (Arista): 1.1m,
    6. T.I., King (Grand Hustle/Atlantic): 1m,
    7. Jamie Foxx, Unpredictable (J): 940k,
    8. Eminem, Curtain Call (Interscope): 939k,
    9. Now 21 (UTV): 920k,
    10. Andrea Bocelli, Amore (Decca/Universal Classics): 915k. (5/19a)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

The word I am hearing is that Carries band will be with her on Wednesday Night when she sings Don't Forget To Remember Me at the finale. Good to hear she won't have to rely on the Idol band. She & her band have gotten so comfortable together it will be great to have them there for her.I just hope this is true.

For those of you that don't know & for those of you that are just interested, as part of Carries shows she is doing covers of 2 Guns & Roses songs. Click the link below & watch her & her band rock hard to Sweet Child Of Mine. I think the whole lack of stage prescence issue is definitely a thing of the past.

http://www.zshare.net/video/scom-wmv.html

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    For those of you that don't know & for those of you that are just interested, as part of Carries shows she is doing covers of 2 Guns & Roses songs. Click the link below & watch her & her band rock hard to Sweet Child Of Mine. I think the whole lack of stage prescence issue is definitely a thing of the past.

http://www.zshare.net/video/scom-wmv.html

Thanks razor.....the girl can rock too!! I noticed she picked up some microphone antics from her time with Bo (lol)..July 31st cannot come soon enough for me!!!!

I was just at Walmart and they had Carrie's CD listed at #4! So it climbed a point: good going Carrie!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    I was just at Walmart and they had Carrie's CD listed at #4! So it climbed a point: good going Carrie!
    It could climb again this week after she appears on the CMA's Tuesday night!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    It could climb again this week after she appears on the CMA's Tuesday night!!!
    Not to get to particular, but the CMA'S are in Nov.. Tuesday is the ACM'S. And don't forget Wednesday's appearance on the finale of Idol should help as well. But this will show up on next weeks sales as it will be to late for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Not to get to particular, but the CMA'S are in Nov.. Tuesday is the ACM'S. And don't forget Wednesday's appearance on the finale of Idol should help as well. But this will show up on next weeks sales as it will be to late for this week.
    Sorry you are right..my bad! I remembered seeing her briefly on the commercial and I was not listening very well..

Thanks for the correction!

Absolutely right .....this could be a very good week for Carrie on cd sales.

Really nice article from the St. Louis papers. It speaks well of how humbled Carrie has been by what has happened for her this year. But, this is the second time I have read about her acquiring stalkers. The first appeared at her Grandmothers funeral.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ent...9?OpenDocument

Carrie Underwood's big year continues at 41st ACM Awards
    By Jay Bobbin
    ZAP2IT
    05/21/2006

"I'm not starting out where new artists start out."

Carrie Underwood clearly recognizes her good fortune: One year to the week she was named the fourth "American Idol," she could win four Academy of Country Music Awards.

Up for top female vocalist and top new female vocalist - as well as single record of the year and song of the year for "Jesus, Take the Wheel," for which she earned two CMT Music Awards last month - the young newcomer to Nashville will be a featured performer as CBS televises the 41st annual ACM Awards on Tuesday. Reba McEntire will mark her eighth stint as host of the show, originating from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Brooks & Dunn, Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Kelly Clarkson and Miranda Lambert also are scheduled to entertain during the three-hour broadcast
    Brad Paisley leads the nominees with six bids. Brooks & Dunn and Sugarland each have five, while Rascal Flatts is tied with Underwood with four nominations each. Big & Rich, Dolly Parton and Lee Ann Womack are all in the running for three of the honors.

"I feel so honored that people actually like the album," the soft-spoken Underwood says of "Some Hearts," her debut release. "I'm just so glad that people bought it, and that they're looking at what I'm doing."

She considers her ACM nominations "affirmation that we're doing the right thing. I needed that, and I think everyone who works with me needed that, too."

Nevertheless, Underwood still finds performing before other country artists a little unnerving.

"It's just so strange," she says, "because these are people I looked up to and still look up to, and I have to sing in front of them. It's difficult, because I'm afraid they're all looking at me like, 'Who's this chick?'

"I feel like I'm going to be the new kid on the block for a while, like people will still be making sure I deserve to be here. Everybody's been so nice, though, I have no reason to feel that way."

Getting a grip on her new fame has taken a while for Underwood, and she still isn't sure she's fully grasped it. She recalls that immediately after she won the Fox talent competition, "I had the 'American Idol' tour and did different specials, and of course, we were getting the album together. Then the album was released on the day of the CMAs (the Country Music Association Awards), so there was press everywhere. It was just a big, good, wonderful mess.

"It's basically a process of, 'Just hold on and get through it.' I realize how lucky I am that I get to do all these things, so it's just a matter of keeping everything in perspective."

Underwood intends to maintain that stance while touring as Chesney's opening act in coming months, but she still returns home as much as she can to Checotah, Okla. Even there, the trappings of sudden stardom are evident to her.

"You know, 99 out of 100 people are great about it, then there's that one person who kind of steps over the line a little bit," she says. "One lady tried to follow me home, and we tried to lose her, and it just became a mess. We don't even live in town, so it just became stalkerish. It really upset me."

If that's a price of fame, Underwood is generally willing to pay it.

"A lot of people might struggle for years before they actually get a record deal," she says. "I felt like I cheated a little bit, but everybody was like, 'I would never want to go through what you went through on "Idol."' I guess I just went a different way. I'm not doing any less. I just shoved all the stress into a few months. Everything is working out good."

'Academy of Country Music Awards'

When: 7 p.m. Tuesday

Where: CBS (Channel 4)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Huh? Kelly Clarkson is going to perform on the ACM's????
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread