+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Catch Carrie tomorrow on the Today Show. Or see her in numerous magazines this month.

http://www.cmt.com/artists/news/1531...__carrie.jhtml

Underwood to Appear on Today Show, Reader's Digest
    Carrie Underwood will visit NBC's Today Show on Thursday (May 18) to talk about the two remaining finalists of the current American Idol show as well as her own success since winning the crown in 2005. She will also appear on the cover of June's Reader's Digest, with covers on Girls Life and Sweet 16 later this summer. She also made the cut for Teen People's 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 and can be found in the current issue of OK! magazine showing off a series of spring dresses.

It appears that Mothers Day was good for album sales across the board as many artists saw a huge increase over last week Carrie included.

Billboard 200
    #21 Some Hearts 49,116 (+46%) Total: 2,814,021

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Catch Carrie tomorrow on the Today Show. Or see her in numerous magazines this month.

http://www.cmt.com/artists/news/1531...__carrie.jhtml

Underwood to Appear on Today Show, Reader's Digest
    Carrie Underwood will visit NBC's Today Show on Thursday (May 18) to talk about the two remaining finalists of the current American Idol show as well as her own success since winning the crown in 2005. She will also appear on the cover of June's Reader's Digest, with covers on Girls Life and Sweet 16 later this summer. She also made the cut for Teen People's 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 and can be found in the current issue of OK! magazine showing off a series of spring dresses.

It appears that Mothers Day was good for album sales across the board as many artists saw a huge increase over last week Carrie included.

Billboard 200
    #21 Some Hearts 49,116 (+46%) Total: 2,814,021
    how funny..I was at Target on Saturday in the music cd section and a young man and his dad were looking for a present for his mom and they asked my opinion..I made some suggestions and she was one of them..maybe they took my advice . Looks like a lot of mothers received a great present!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    how funny..I was at Target on Saturday in the music cd section and a young man and his dad were looking for a present for his mom and they asked my opinion..I made some suggestions and she was one of them..maybe they took my advice . Looks like a lot of mothers received a great present!!!
    Almost 50k sold 6 months after release is pretty awesome for anybody. And the touring is just getting underway. And I might add I have never seen the album at a marked down price, it seems as though there is no need.

http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=23573

NASHVILLE, TN (Teen People) - Carrie Underwood is among the hot young celebrities tapped for TEEN PEOPLE'S '25 Hottest Stars Under 25.' Underwood is included with A-list artists and actors such as Justin Timberlake, Hilary Duff, Scarlett Johansson, Lindsay Lohan, Jake Gyllenhaal and more.
    Underwood reveals her love of 80's hair bands and horror films and that it wasn't that long ago (since her American Idol win and her highly successful debut album) that she had to worry over money.
    'Two years ago, I was at the grocery store thinking, 'I shouldn't get this cereal- the other one is a dollar less.'

Carrie just confirmed on The Today Show that she will be performing during next weeks finale. She also put her foot down & refused to pick a winner, because she said the two remaining are under enough pressure & she remembers how it felt last year to hear all the celebrities picking Bo. If the show hasn't aired in your area, she is on during the second 1/2 hr.

Very smart girl not to say! I give her lots of credit for that.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Carrie just confirmed on The Today Show that she will be performing during next weeks finale. She also put her foot down & refused to pick a winner, because she said the two remaining are under enough pressure & she remembers how it felt last year to hear all the celebrities picking Bo. If the show hasn't aired in your area, she is on during the second 1/2 hr.

Personally, I think that was the smartest most move she could have done. Good for her for standing up for both contestants. I'm sure others won't agree with her decision, but I do
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I finally took the chance to hear Carrie's entire album and it is...surprisingly good considering I don't usually like country. Props to her and the album's producers for catering to her strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    I finally took the chance to hear Carrie's entire album and it is...surprisingly good considering I don't usually like country. Props to her and the album's producers for catering to her strengths.
    If you pay close attention to the album, you can almost break it down as 2 separate albums.

Dann Huff produced the more Pop flavored songs: Some Hearts,Lessons Learned,Starts With Goodbye,I Just Can't Live A Lie,That's Where It Is, & Whenever You Remember.

Mark Bright produced the Country flavored songs: Wasted, Don't Forget To Remember Me, Jesus Take The Wheel, The Night Before(Life Goes On),Before He Cheats,We're Young & Beautiful,& I Ain't In Checotah Anymore.

I gotta say I prefer the Mark Bright songs & hope this is the direction the next album takes. As long as Clive stays out of Nashville she should be OK.

Carrie's album is deliciously authentic Carrie from start to finish. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread