+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That's because you folks in Ore. have all the money...

What is amazing to me is that these tickets have been on sale for about 6-8 weeks now & you can still buy them for Heart. I can understand Ashlee Simpson not selling out, but Heart!!??
    I wouldn't walk across the street to see Ashlee Simpson for FREE... but Heart? I agree, that is hard to believe.

Carrie has to be getting close to 100 concerts now, including the ones where she is opening for Kenny Chesney. It seems as though more are announced every day. Maybe some of you are in the area & would like to attend. Anyway, here are 2 more just announced.

Thursday July 13 --- Foxwoods, Mashantucket, CT
    www.foxwoods.com
    tickets on sale 5/15/2006 at 8:00 AM

[August 13 2006] Wicomico Civic Center, Salisbury, MD
    ______________________________ __________
    Sun Aug 13 --- Wicomico Civic Center, Salisbury, MD
    Tickets for the general public will go on sale Friday, May 19th at 10AM, and will be available for $35 plus fees at the Civic Center Box Office, online at www.wicomicociviccenter.org, and by phone at 410-548-4911.

FORT Newbie
    Wow! Almost 100 concerts.
    Do the country singers typically go out to do so many concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by sallykyy View Post
    Wow! Almost 100 concerts.
    Do the country singers typically go out to do so many concerts?
    Yeah they do. Dierks Bently is in the midst of a 200 show run. He is also part of the Kenny Chesney tour, but he is doing many other shows as well.

Another Concert announced. This time in Colorado.

http://www.coloradostatefair.com/html/concert/index.asp

[August 30 2006] Colorado State Fair, Pueblo, CO
    ______________________________ __________
    Wed Aug 30 --- Colorado State Fair, Pueblo, CO
    tickets on sale NOW at ticketmaster!
    Wednesday,
    Aug 30 Carrie Underwood -- 8:00 p.m. -- Events Center - On Sale May 13th $36 & $26

It was just confirmed on the radio here that when Carrie left school to do the Idol thing she was just 3 hrs. short of graduating.The University agreed that all of her Idol & post Idol experiences were certainly worth 3 hrs. credit.

I recall that she had top grades.

A smart blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar View Post
    I recall that she had top grades.

A smart blonde.
    she sure is and I peeked at her schedule..she has a convert over other day all summer...whew!

Hey Chicago. Big summer for you guys up there. Lot’s of big acts headed your way. Here is you chance to catch Carrie. With Kenny Chesney as the headliner it will sell out almost immediately, so if you want to go you better get on line early.

http://www.us99country.com/concerts.shtml

Kenny Chesney, with Carrie Underwood and Dierks Bentley
    9/2/06
    Bridgeview Stadium in Bridgeview, Saturday, September 2nd. Tickets on sale Friday, May 19th at 10AM through the Bridgevew Stadium box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com, or charge-by-phone at 312.559.1212.

They are performing on different nights so they probably won't cross paths. But, Carrie has already done a concert with Heart. It was recently on VH1 Classic. It was a tribute to Heart show & included Dave Navarro, Gretchen Wilson, Alice In Chains & Carrie. It was the night of Carries 23rd birthday. She sang Alone as a duet with Ann or Nancy (I get them confused) & then Heart did one of Carries songs with her. Then they presented her with a birthday cake. Pretty good present.

Oh wow!! That's pretty damn awesome! Thanks for telling, I had no idea!
    2003-2008.

For those of you that don’t know Carrie had concerts last weekend in N. Ca. The below (transcribed by a friend in Sacramento & sent to me). is a conversation between 2 DJ’S on a Sacramento station. Be aware that they overstated Carries album sales, but what’s a million between friends. Anyway, I thought you might like to see it. Seems as though her stage awareness has grown in leaps & bounds.

This morning I was listening to the Pat and Tom show on KNCI to see what reaction they had to the concert. I’m not sure which one but I think it was Pat that introduced Little Big Town and Carrie before they came on. They have a segment called Inside Nashville where they talk about the latest news. They said, “If you missed seeing Carrie Underwood Friday night, you will get a chance to see lots of her over the next couple of months.” They announced what magazine covers she will be on,(Girls Life, Readers Digest, Touch) & about her being named to People’s hottest young stars under 25 list and announced her appearance on Thursday and some other things. Pat or Tom said “There is a reason for that and a reason she has sold 4 million (inflated a little) copies of her CD. After seeing her on Friday night She is the REAL DEAL. She is a little hard to interview because she is a little reserved and holds back somewhat but man when she gets on stage she is incredible. She is really, really, really good.” He also said that she is under contract to the IDOL management for two years and they are a marketing machine and that you have to go through them and not the record label to get her scheduled. They had received several e-mails from people who said they really enjoyed the show and thought she was really good.

I have to say that I don’t believe this station has ever interviewed Carrie before so she hadn’t established a rapport with them yet which may be why she was a little reserved. He made several comments about her and the concert and his last statement was the reason she is being seen more than a lot of young stars is She’s That Good! When he finished with his high praise they played Wasted. One of the DJ’s was already a fan but she definitely won over the other one with her performance at Dixon.

+ Reply to Thread