+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

  1. #1451
    FORT Fogey cabernetCally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,361
    I payed $52.00 each for reserved seats at the concert she is doing in my area in July. It is a 5000 seat (limited reserved seating and the rest lawn) and she is the only act!

    But the venue is worth the money...will post pics after the show.

  2. #1452
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    I payed $52.00 each for reserved seats at the concert she is doing in my area in July. It is a 5000 seat (limited reserved seating and the rest lawn) and she is the only act!

    But the venue is worth the money...will post pics after the show.
    That's because you folks in Ore. have all the money...

    What is amazing to me is that these tickets have been on sale for about 6-8 weeks now & you can still buy them for Heart. I can understand Ashlee Simpson not selling out, but Heart!!??

  3. #1453
    FORT Fogey cabernetCally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That's because you folks in Ore. have all the money...

    What is amazing to me is that these tickets have been on sale for about 6-8 weeks now & you can still buy them for Heart. I can understand Ashlee Simpson not selling out, but Heart!!??
    We don't have all the money but in our area we get so few entertainers that we are thrilled to pay for the opportunity !!

    Does not surprise me that no Ashlee Simpson tickets are still availabe...she is popular with the young girls.

    I just bought tickets for Rob Thomas/Jason Mraz concert on July 9th too!!
    I'm jazzed for the summer concert series...

  4. #1454
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664
    Hard rockers Heart, led by sister musicians Ann and Nancy Wilson, headline the fair's opening night, Thursday. Mumbo Gumbo, a Northern California Cajun rock band, opens at 8 p.m.
    Known for such mid-1970s hits as "Crazy on You," "Magic Man," "Barracuda" and "Dreamboat Annie," the Wilson sisters struggled to land Top 10 hits deep into the decade. Their single "Tell It Like It Is" managed to reach No. 8 in 1980. They released a half-dozen live and best-of LPs amid other hit singles in the mid-1980s, including "What About Love?" "Never" and "These Dreams." The 1987 album "Bad Animals" reached No. 2 on the charts.
    In the 1990s, Nancy Wilson wrote and scored music for her husband, Cameron Crowe, director of "Jerry Maguire," "Almost Famous" and "Vanilla Sky."
    That's so cool. Carrie can meet Ann and Nancy Wilson! I loved Carrie's rendition of Alone last year and Mandisa's Never this year. (Melissa's What About Love will be on the AI5 Compilation CD too). If it wasn't for AI, I probably wouldn't know anything about Heart's music, and that would be a shame.
    2003-2008.

  5. #1455
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety View Post
    That's so cool. Carrie can meet Ann and Nancy Wilson! I loved Carrie's rendition of Alone last year and Mandisa's Never this year. (Melissa's What About Love will be on the AI5 Compilation CD too). If it wasn't for AI, I probably wouldn't know anything about Heart's music, and that would be a shame.
    They are performing on different nights so they probably won't cross paths. But, Carrie has already done a concert with Heart. It was recently on VH1 Classic. It was a tribute to Heart show & included Dave Navarro, Gretchen Wilson, Alice In Chains & Carrie. It was the night of Carries 23rd birthday. She sang Alone as a duet with Ann or Nancy (I get them confused) & then Heart did one of Carries songs with her. Then they presented her with a birthday cake. Pretty good present.

  6. #1456
    He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In front of my TIVO
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    As I recall she she was a senior last school year...so it is possible she only had one semester or a few classes to fulfill. Many times the final paper or as indicated above a project can be considered for grade purposes especially since it fit's her major. In fact her entire experience is a topic for a major paper I would think. Online courses can also be achieved to obtain credit as well. it is done all the time in special circumstances.

    I would not be quick to judge that she was given undue credit for her achievements. It means alot that she finished and she should be aplauded

    I wasn't actually implying that she was given special treatment. I simply said that I HOPE SHE WAS NOT. That would be unfair to the students who did earn their degrees.

    I don't question her work ethic. She obviously had good grades prior to Idol (and they date back to high school since she was 2nd in her class). I was simply stating that I hope she wasn't given special treatment just to have a famous alumni.

    Of course, if she was, it's probably less than the schools starting offensive line got. But that's another debate for later.

    Edited after reading about 3 posts down:

    With her only being 3 hours short, I don't think she got any special treatment. As long as she took the crappy media law and research classes that other communications majors at schools nationwide (me included) had to suffer through, I'm fine with a 3 hour internship. I didn't realize she was that close at all.

    Side note: On the CMT special In the Moment, she went back to visit her sorority sisters. Does anyone know which sorority she was in? Just curious.
    Last edited by yourefired; 05-09-2006 at 01:44 PM.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

  7. #1457
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I wasn't actually implying that she was given special treatment. I simply said that I HOPE SHE WAS NOT. That would be unfair to the students who did earn their degrees.

    I don't question her work ethic. She obviously had good grades prior to Idol (and they date back to high school since she was 2nd in her class). I was simply stating that I hope she wasn't given special treatment just to have a famous alumni.

    Of course, if she was, it's probably less than the schools starting offensive line got. But that's another debate for later.

    Edited after reading about 3 posts down:

    With her only being 3 hours short, I don't think she got any special treatment. As long as she took the crappy media law and research classes that other communications majors at schools nationwide (me included) had to suffer through, I'm fine with a 3 hour internship. I didn't realize she was that close at all.

    Side note: On the CMT special In the Moment, she went back to visit her sorority sisters. Does anyone know which sorority she was in? Just curious.


    Tri Sigma

  8. #1458
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,422
    Any NASCAR fans out there. Lowes Motor Speedway , Memorial Day Weekend. Should be around 200,000 folks in attendance for the show & then the National Anthem. More high profile stuff.

    http://www.scenedaily.com/stories/20...e_daily10.html

    Carrie Underwood to perform at Coca-Cola 600
    SCENEDAILY - 1:13PM ET TUESDAY MAY 9, 2006 -

    Lowe's Motor Speedway officials say Carrie Underwood will perform the national anthem prior to the May 28 Coca-Cola 600 Nextel Cup Series race.
    Underwood, a triple-platinum recording artist, will also perform a prerace concert. Admission to the concert is included with race admission.

  9. #1459
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,422
    Final soundscan numbers are in for this week & Carrie now has the biggest selling debut album by any Idol alum, passing Clay. She is still way behind Kelly's mega monster second album Breakaway though.

    Billboard 200
    #27 Some Hearts 33,693 Total: 2,764,905

  10. #1460
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,422
    Hello to our Northern neighbors in Toronto. Carrie is coming your way.

    http://torontosun.com/Entertainment/...72800-sun.html

    Underwood tops Rama's August lineup (Toronto Sun)
    ______________________________ __________
    Underwood tops Rama's August lineup

    The August performance lineup announced yesterday for Casino Rama includes such Carrie Underwood from American Idol, James Taylor, Gretchen Wilson and Heart.

    The schedule: Comedian Wayne Brady, Aug. 4-5 (tickets $35, $28); Big & Rich, featuring Cowboy Troy, Aug. 9 ($45, $30); Heart, Aug. 10 ($30, $25); Air Supply, Aug. 11-12 ($30, $25); Chicago, Aug. 15-16 ($40, $35, $25); Classic Hits Live (Ambrosia, Gary Wright, John Ford Coley, Stephen Bishop), Aug. 18-19 ($25, $20);

    Carrie Underwood, Aug. 22 ($30, $25); The Beach Boys (with Mike Love and Bruce Johnston), Aug. 23-24 ($40, $35, $30); Songwriters Night (Craig Wiseman, Bob DiPiero, Tim Nichols, Jeffrey Steele, Al Anderson), Aug. 25-26 ($20); James Taylor, Aug. 28-29 ($125, $80, six-ticket-per-customer limit); Gretchen Wilson, Aug. 31-Sept. 1 ($75, $60, $45, six-ticket-per-customer limit);

    And John Michael Montgomery is at Casino Rama June 22 ($25, $20).

    Tickets for these performances go on sale next Tuesday through the Casino Rama Box Office, at casinorama.com and at all TicketMaster locations.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.