+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

As I recall she she was a senior last school year...so it is possible she only had one semester or a few classes to fulfill. Many times the final paper or as indicated above a project can be considered for grade purposes especially since it fit's her major. In fact her entire experience is a topic for a major paper I would think. Online courses can also be achieved to obtain credit as well. it is done all the time in special circumstances.

I would not be quick to judge that she was given undue credit for her achievements. It means alot that she finished and she should be aplauded

Also, do we think that that college would take a chance on giving special privileges to such a high profile student? Wouldn't the news people be searching through all that information? I, personally, feel that Carrie went about things the right way, all the way.

It was just confirmed on the radio here that when Carrie left school to do the Idol thing she was just 3 hrs. short of graduating.The University agreed that all of her Idol & post Idol experiences were certainly worth 3 hrs. credit.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The University agreed that all of her Idol & post Idol experiences were certainly worth 3 hrs. credit.
    Hell yeah it is!!! I say give her 100 hours community service (entertainment).
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It was just confirmed on the radio here that when Carrie left school to do the Idol thing she was just 3 hrs. short of graduating.The University agreed that all of her Idol & post Idol experiences were certainly worth 3 hrs. credit.
    Thanks Razor....that is what I thought! Heck even if her major was Geography she should have been able to write a paper for 3 credit hours.
    Thank heavens it was in a field that was compatible. It would have been a crying shame to not graduate short 3 hours !

FORT Regular
    She must hate that Kellie was said to be better than her and she didn't even win... but I guess it is also a relief so she has less direct competition in the real world of selling out concerts and cds.

Quote Originally Posted by idowhatiamtold View Post
    She must hate that Kellie was said to be better than her and she didn't even win... but I guess it is also a relief so she has less direct competition in the real world of selling out concerts and cds.
    I'll bet she isn't too concerned about anyone saying that Kellie is better. As much as I like Kellie, she surely doesn't compare to Carrie, to me. I also don't see them as being in competition. I can't see either of them cancelling the other out in a popularity poll. Each has their many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by idowhatiamtold View Post

I think what Simon said was that he "liked her ( personality) better than that girl that won last season"(Carrie) .. Evidently Simon likes "dumb" blondes rather than educated ones that are smart enough to see through him.

Kellie has a LONG way to go to be competition for Carrie IMO
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 05-08-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    Kellie has a LONG way to go to be competition for Carrie IMO
    IA. Good for Carrie, getting her degree, very talented and smart gal.

I thought some of ya’ll might like to see this. 5,000 seats @ $37.00 average is a pretty good night. I edited out all the promotional stuff about the fair.

http://www.thereporter.com/ci_3789009

Divas in Dixon
    Heart, Carrie Underwood, Ashlee Simpson headline 131st May Fair

By Reporter Staff
    For the first time in recent memory, an all-female lineup of major talent tops the Dixon May Fair's first three days: The divas - Heart, Carrie Underwood and Ashlee Simpson - are descending on the 5,000-seat concert arena, headlining the 131st annual event, which begins Thursday and continues to May 14, Mother's Day.

No surprise, but the Underwood concert, slated for 8 p.m. May 12, sold out faster than any other concert in the fair's history, Kathy Keatley Garvey, a fair spokeswoman, said in a press release

Tickets for the Heart and Simpson concerts - $35 general and $39.50 reserved - are still available. They can be purchased at the fair offices, 655 S. First St., at all Ticketmaster outlets or by going online at www.ticketmaster.com.

Underwood, of course, launched her career last year after winning "American Idol" and went on to record the inspirational, chart-topping hits "Jesus, Take the Wheel" and "Some Hearts." And last month, the 22-year-old singing sensation was a double winner at the Country Music Television awards show, taking home the breakthrough video and female video honors for "Jesus, Take the Wheel."
    Hard rockers Heart, led by sister musicians Ann and Nancy Wilson, headline the fair's opening night, Thursday. Mumbo Gumbo, a Northern California Cajun rock band, opens at 8 p.m.
    Known for such mid-1970s hits as "Crazy on You," "Magic Man," "Barracuda" and "Dreamboat Annie," the Wilson sisters struggled to land Top 10 hits deep into the decade. Their single "Tell It Like It Is" managed to reach No. 8 in 1980. They released a half-dozen live and best-of LPs amid other hit singles in the mid-1980s, including "What About Love?" "Never" and "These Dreams." The 1987 album "Bad Animals" reached No. 2 on the charts.
    In the 1990s, Nancy Wilson wrote and scored music for her husband, Cameron Crowe, director of "Jerry Maguire," "Almost Famous" and "Vanilla Sky."
    A pop superstar and younger sister of celebrity Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson headlines the May 13 concert. Music begins at 8 p.m.
    Her hits from the "I Am Me" album, released last October, include "L.O.V.E.," "Burning Up" and "Dancing Alone." Simpson, 21, released her first album, "Autobiography," in 2004.

+ Reply to Thread