+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

It’s a bit of a ways off, but Good Morning America has just announced the lineup for their Summer Concert Series.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/SummerConcert/

April 26, 2006 — "Good Morning America" is pleased to announce its star-studded 2006 Summer Concert Series line up. As always, all the performances are free and open to the public at New York City's Bryant Park on Friday mornings throughout the summer. The action officially starts on May 26 with the incomparable Dixie Chicks.
    While you're waiting for your favorite artist to take the stage, start thinking about the one thing you would ask Jewel or Mary J. Blige or any of the "GMA" musical guests if you could ask them just one question. This summer, "GMA" is giving you the opportunity to ask the questions.
    Click on the artist name below to submit your inquiry and be sure to tune in on the day of the concert to see if Charlie, Diane, Robin and Mike ask your question.
    Be sure to check back at gma.abcnews.com often, as the concert lineup is subject to change.
    May 26 — Dixie Chicks
    June 2 — Rob Thomas and Jewel
    June 9 — Kenny Chesney
    June 16 — To be announced
    June 23 — Mary J. Blige
    June 30 — Pussycat Dolls
    July 7 — Beach Boys
    July 14 — Train
    July 21 — To be announced
    July 28 — Huey Lewis & The News
    Aug 4 — To be announced
    Aug. 11 — Carrie Underwood
    Aug. 18 — To be announced
    Aug. 25 — Lionel Richie

Hey Cabernet Cally, are you close to Medford? This has just been announced.

http://www.medfordnews.com/articles/...30232&cp=10997

American Idol Carrie Underwood Will Perform At Southern Oregon's Britt Festival

MEDFORD, Oregon - Britt Festivals adds two new concerts to its 2006 season. American Idol winner and country sensation Carrie Underwood performs on Monday, July 31 at 7:30 p.m. and the Bob Marley Roots, Rock, Reggae Festival featuring Ziggy Marley, Sinead O'Conner with
    Sly and Robbie and Ozomatli takes place on Thursday, August 3 at 5:30 p.m. Both concerts will be held at the Lithia Motors Amphitheater in Central Point.

And here are the official sales numbers for the week. Everybody had a huge drop off for the week after Easter. 23 weeks in the Top 20. Still #5 on the Country Charts..

Billboard 200
    #15 Some Hearts 33,954 Total: 2,699,673

Carrie seems to be holding up the female end of the charts because the only other female Country artists in the Top 200 are:

#111 Sugarland, Twice The Speed Of Life
    #120 Faith Hill, Fireflies
    #147 Miranda Lambert, Kerosene
    #183 Gretchen Wilson, Here For The Party

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Hey Cabernet Cally, are you close to Medford? This has just been announced.

http://www.medfordnews.com/articles/...30232&cp=10997

American Idol Carrie Underwood Will Perform At Southern Oregon's Britt Festival

MEDFORD, Oregon - Britt Festivals adds two new concerts to its 2006 season. American Idol winner and country sensation Carrie Underwood performs on Monday, July 31 at 7:30 p.m. and the Bob Marley Roots, Rock, Reggae Festival featuring Ziggy Marley, Sinead O'Conner with
    Sly and Robbie and Ozomatli takes place on Thursday, August 3 at 5:30 p.m. Both concerts will be held at the Lithia Motors Amphitheater in Central Point.

And here are the official sales numbers for the week. Everybody had a huge drop off for the week after Easter. 23 weeks in the Top 20. Still #5 on the Country Charts..

Billboard 200
    #15 Some Hearts 33,954 Total: 2,699,673

Carrie seems to be holding up the female end of the charts because the only other female Country artists in the Top 200 are:

#111 Sugarland, Twice The Speed Of Life
    #120 Faith Hill, Fireflies
    #147 Miranda Lambert, Kerosene
    #183 Gretchen Wilson, Here For The Party
    heheyhey my son called me with the news in the middle of AI and I headed to the computer during Taylors performance,......I bought 6 tickets last night!!!! This venue is outdoors and very beautiful setting capacity is only 5000. Best part is it is 2 miles from my home!!! Ya Hoo! Thanks for think'n about me!!!

Last edited by cabernetCally; 04-26-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    heheyhey my son called me with the news in the middle of AI and I headed to the computer during Taylors performance,......I bought 6 tickets last night!!!! This venue is outdoors and very beautiful setting capacity is only 5000. Best part is it is 2 miles from my home!!! Ya Hoo! Thanks for think'n about me!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/bachfan1954/amp.jpg
    Now that is the kind of setting I would like to see her in. Congrats, & I expect to get a review back. I'm going to have the opportunity to see her on June 10 as part of the CMA Fest in Nashville. It's a 4 day event & I'll be there all 4 days but Saturday is the one I'm looking forward to. It's going to be in the football stadium so it won't be as intimate, but if you are a fan of Country music at all just look at the lineup that night.

SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2006

THE COLISEUM

6:30 PM
    Gates Open

8:00 PM
    Nightly Concert at The Coliseum
    Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Craig Morgan, Brad Paisley, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood, plus more performers to be announced

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Now that is the kind of setting I would like to see her in. Congrats, & I expect to get a review back. I'm going to have the opportunity to see her on June 10 as part of the CMA Fest in Nashville. It's a 4 day event & I'll be there all 4 days but Saturday is the one I'm looking forward to. It's going to be in the football stadium so it won't be as intimate, but if you are a fan of Country music at all just look at the lineup that night.

SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2006

THE COLISEUM

6:30 PM
    Gates Open

8:00 PM
    Nightly Concert at The Coliseum
    Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Craig Morgan, Brad Paisley, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood, plus more performers to be announced
    sounds fun!!! I want a revue too! since your is before mine!!!

Curious ..how much were your tickets?..since this venue is small the reserved seating is $52.00 each as expected during this festival and $34.00 for lawn seating. I already have a membership and will hopefully see some other great names during the summer as well.

check them out... http://www.brittfest.org/schedule.aspx

http://www.brittfest.org/
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 04-27-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    sounds fun!!! I want a revue too! since your is before mine!!!

Curious ..how much were your tickets?..since this venue is small the reserved seating is $52.00 each as expected during this festival and $34.00 for lawn seating. I already have a membership and will hopefully see some other great names during the summer as well.

check them out... http://www.brittfest.org/schedule.aspx

http://www.brittfest.org/

Ticket prices are incredibly affordable. Single night tickets are $30. The ones close to the stage are sold out. I bought the 4 day pass for $135.00. That includes all 4 days of concerts, meet & greets, & autograph signings.

They have shows scheduled every day starting at 10am on Thursday & continuing until the last act sings on Sunday night. There is supposed to be up to 400 acts, & the person scheduled to open the festivities on Thursday morning is Charlie Daniels. None of the entertainers are paid for their appearance & all the proceeds go to Nashville charities.

As I said there are performances scheduled all day, but the big shows are held every night in the Coliseum. Here are the acts scheduled in the Coliseum so far. They continue to add people weekly so itís not complete yet.

THURSDAY, JUNE 8, 2006
    Gary Allan, Brooks & Dunn, Sara Evans, Pat Green, Little Big Town, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blake Shelton, Hank Williams Jr., plus a surprise performance

FRIDAY, JUNE 9, 2006
    Trace Adkins, Jason Aldean, Terri Clark, Billy Currington, Montgomery Gentry, Wynonna, Trisha Yearwood, plus a surprise performance

SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2006

SUNDAY, JUNE 11, 2006
    Keith Anderson, Clint Black, Los Lonely Boys and Ronnie Milsap, Joe Nichols, LeAnn Rimes, SHeDAISY, Sugarland, plus a surprise performance

Note the surprise performances. In previous years some of these surprises have included such folks as, Poisonís Bret Michaels, Uncle Kracker, the Beach Boys, , Lance Bass of *NSYNC, Bryan Adams & Paul McCartney.

I say $135.00 is more than a good price.

If you want to check out the full lineup so farÖ

http://www.cmafest.com/2006/entertai...ev=2&year=2006

Anybody in New Mexico planning on attending the State Fair? Here’s your chance to see Carrie. It's amazing that when you go to any of these websites & check out all the artists that will be at any of these events, Carrie almost always commands top $, tickets.

http://exponm.com/cms/index.php?id=22,39,0,0,1,0

September 8th
    Carrie Underwood
    Tickets: $40, $35, $30, $20

You have to register to read this article online, so I thought I would save you some trouble. Nice article about Checotah, Carrie & The Idol experience.

http://newsok.com/theoklahoman/main/

Pride Shows in Checotah

By Bryan Painter

CHECOTAH -- On the official state map of Oklahoma, N-4 will never be the same.
    Checotah once enjoyed national attention about 3.8 seconds at a time as its bulldoggers tossed steers at the National Finals Rodeo en route to World Champion gold buckles.

Then Carrie Underwood won "American Idol" in 2005.

Now it seems everyone's heard of this Interstate 40 town of about 4,000, found at the crosshairs of N and 4.

"The ice storm in 2000 and the homecoming celebration for Carrie after the three finalists were named have been the two most stressful events in my 11 years on the job as mayor," said Checotah Mayor J. Hayes, 35.

But that's just a fact, not a complaint. In fact, Hayes counts that experience and what has come since her win as a blessing.

Why else would the mayor of Albemarle, N.C., be calling him with a "what should we expect" question?

Matt Vandiver was more than happy to discuss his hometown with the friend of a cashier in a Florida grocery store in June. And Checotah native Stephanie Shelton, who lives near Spiro and has a special connection to Underwood, had to laugh when someone said, "Oh, you're from Carrie Underwood country."

It's absolutely true Checotah is a one stoplight town specifically the intersection of Gentry Avenue and Broadway Street. And stories of life since Underwood's win nearly a year ago on the most-watched show on television can be found up and down both streets and beyond.

On Gentry Avenue
    It doesn't take long to make an Underwood connection at City Hall, 414 W Gentry. A stack of fliers on the utility services counter provides the obvious link.

"Reasor's Presents The 4th Annual Country Fever." The mega country music event June 8-11 in Pryor has a special significance this year as one name on the list of entertainers indicates. Listed right there before Brooks & Dunn is 2001 Checotah High School salutatorian Carrie Underwood.

Around the corner, down the hall is the office where Hayes fielded the call from Elbert L. Whitley Jr., mayor of Albemarle, hometown of 2006 contestant Kellie Pickler. Hayes sent a manila envelope packed with clippings and general information as that city of about 16,000 people waits and hopes.

The "Idol" cut is made to the final three on a Wednesday night, and the homecoming is Friday. But the people of Checotah began planning about a week ahead. They put together a parade, presentations in the park and an autograph session by Underwood at the high school.

Looking back, Hayes said with the hard work of everyone, the day came off "better than we could have ever imagined."

"When it was over Simon Lythgoe said, 'Mate, I've been doing this since the show started and this is the best homecoming I've seen,'" one of the "Idol" producers told the mayor.

Then Lythgoe asked, "Where did you get all the horses?"

Hayes responded, "They live here."

On Broadway Street
    Hands on her hips, Underwood is smiling widely on the poster that reads "Carrie Underwood, Reaching for the Stars" posted in the window of GLN Inc., 207 S Broadway St.

Vandiver, director of information technology/management information systems for GLN, is running at a feverish pitch before heading off to the dentist. But the subject is Underwood, a good friend of his son Jordan and the entire family. So he'll cut the appointment a little close.

He's passionate "divine intervention" had a lot to do with him being among those encouraging Underwood's mother, Carole, to take her daughter to St. Louis for an "Idol" tryout. And he's so proud when people link Underwood to Checotah and care enough to ask.

"When we were checking out at the grocery store, the cashier saw Checotah on my license and said I didn't watch 'American Idol' but my friend over here did," Vandiver said. "Her friend came over and I asked her, 'Who did you vote for?' and she said Carrie Underwood. Then the cashier told her we were from Checotah and she freaked out."

And beyond
    Stephanie Shelton goes to church in Fort Smith, Ark. Since she's more than 60 miles from where she was raised with a different last name, people don't often realize Shelton has known Underwood for a lifetime. Shelton and Shanna Means are Underwood's sisters.

Shelton is extremely proud of her sibling but doesn't throw the connection "out there" in conversations. But sometimes she'll just happen to mention she's from Checotah.

"At church in Fort Smith, I mentioned to someone that I was from Checotah and he said, "Oh, you're from Carrie Underwood country,'" she said.

Shelton laughed and then answered, "Well, actually ..."

Source: The Oklahoman

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Razorbacker - you're a gem. I've loved Carrie since the beginning and bought four copies of the CD as soon as it came out, but I just don't have the time these days to follow her as closely as I'd like. Now if I can just find time to check back here more often, maybe I won't have to miss EVERY television appearance...

Thanks for keeping us updated on this lovely lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    Razorbacker - you're a gem. I've loved Carrie since the beginning and bought four copies of the CD as soon as it came out, but I just don't have the time these days to follow her as closely as I'd like. Now if I can just find time to check back here more often, maybe I won't have to miss EVERY television appearance...

Thanks for keeping us updated on this lovely lady.
    You are welcome, It's truly becoming harder all the time to keep up with Carries appearances whether they be TV or radio. She is on CMT & GAC news shows almost on a weekly basis. Sometimes they announce them in advance & sometimes they don't. The good one was the afternoon they interviewed her at the party where she received her Triple Platinum award, she choked up when she said, "It just keeps geeting better all the time.'

Anyway,

For those that get VH1 Classics, you can catch the Heart concert that Carrie was apart of along with Alice in Chains & Dave Navarro. The concert was on Carries Birthday & the Wilson sisters presented her with a cake.

VH1 Classic Channel, 8 PM EST Friday May 5.

+ Reply to Thread