+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    If you get a chance & have CMT, they have a 1 hr. special on called In The Moment. It shows behind the scenes stuff starting with the AI win & going through her performance at the CMA'S. It includes a look inside the studio while she is recording the album, & has interviews with both producers, musicians, & RCA execs.. It's really a good show & everyone interviewed is just in awe of her vocal capabilities & her ability to stay so calm & focused during what the RCA exec calls the tightest schedule in his 35yrs. in the industry.
    I saw that special. She truly is adorable. I actually felt bad for her though when she was talking about not having friends. All of her friends work or are in school, so she seems a bit lonely. She is a sweetheart.

This was a huge & more than expected week for Carrie. 271k for the week & 1.1 million so far.Check it out. And congrats to Bo as well.

From: http://pulsemusic.proboards48.com/in...d=1135151 085

It's in this order: LW TW ARTIST ALBUM SalesTW %INC SalesLW TOTAL

Quote:
    SSCAN - Billboard Top 40 Albums (12/31/05)

1 1 EMINEM CURTAIN CALL 323735 -27 440810 766425
    5 2 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE SOME HEARTS 271245 56 174035 1101454
    4 3 VARIOUS NOW 20 259281 30 199284 1672800
    -- 4 BICE*BO REAL THING 226976 999 981 227957
    6 5 CHESNEY*KENNY ROAD & THE RADIO 217510 29 168330 1489314
    7 6 NICKELBACK ALL THE RIGHT REASONS 192280 26 152199 1589063
    8 7 CAREY*MARIAH EMANCIPATION OF MIMI 190957 26 150974 4576141
    11 8 CLARKSON*KELLY BREAKAWAY 180610 61 112278 4132110
    9 9 BLACK EYED PEAS MONKEY BUSINESS 157617 10 143446 2720080
    12 10 CASH*JOHNNY LEGEND OF JOHNNY CASH 153943 50 102850 600750

Here's a good review that I thought maybe some of you non Country fans would like to see.

http://www.albumbuzz.com/underwoodsomehearts.shtml

Album: Carrie Underwood: Some Hearts
    Street Date: November 15, 2005
    Length: 53:48
    Rating: ****
    Reviewed by: Brian

For American Idol Season 4 winner Carrie Underwood, expectations are high. Not only did Carrie win over the viewers of American Idol on her way to the American Idol recording contract, she also won over the notoriously harsh Simon Cowell. Cowell predicted that Carrie would not only win American Idol, but she would also sell more records than any other previous Idol winner. Just that statement alone produces a lot of pressure, but having to represent as the current American Idol winner is the biggest challenge of all.

1. Wasted - The CD starts with a country-pop instrumental arrangement. Many people were wondering whether Carrie would go totally country (which was her strongest genre on Idol), or whether the instrumentals would be varied and kept to a point where her music could cross over into the pop and AC genres. The song itself sounds more like a country song, but it is enjoyable. Carrie's vocals sound very smooth and natural as the vocals match the song's tempo nicely. Good lyrical content.

2. Don't Forget to Remember Me - "Don't Forget to Remember Me" is a strings driven, slow, melodic song. The musical quality has the countryish feel to it again, and through Carrie's vocals you get the sense this is more of a country song than anything else. However, due to the strong lyrical content and sentimentality of the song, it would make a good single on a country station and even a pop or AC station if marketed correctly.

3. Some Hearts - The title track of Some Hearts is the first straight pop song on the CD. There is still the countryish affect Carrie brings with her vocals, but the music is essentially your typical pop-driven musical arrangements.

4. Jesus Take The Wheel - Some Hearts' debut single, "Jesus Take The Wheel", is another countrified slow song. When I initially heard the single I was impressed that it has very good crossover appeal and the lyrical and vocal content was excellent. A running theme through the CD so far is that each track has a lot of emotion tied to it and that comes through in the vocals, which is a very good thing.

5. Night Before (Life Goes On) - This is another slowed down song. In the chorus the beat picks up into a strings and keys balance, and during the verses the music is more slowed down so the vocals shine through. This is a very solid song which again has a lot of emotion tied to it. One of my favorites on the album so far, the instrumentals are great.

6. Lessons Learned - "Lessons Learned" is a slower mid-tempo pop track. Carrie steps away from the countryish vocal style here and just goes straight into the vocals, which comes across very well. The song doesn't stand out very well on the album, but it is no doubt a solid song.

7. Before He Cheats - This is an angry (yet relatively calm) mid-tempo song. The way the vocals come across it was almost comical to me, but the execution is very good. The song's beat gets you going, and the lyrical content gives jealous girls everywhere ammo for what to do the next time their significant other cheats on them.

8. Starts With Goodbye - "Starts With Goodbye" begins with a simple piano repetition and builds musically from there. Again, the lyrical content brings some heavy emotion here and the vocals bring it through beautifully. I could definitely see this song being a cross-over hit and a definite single.

9. I Just Can't Live a Lie - "I Just Can't Live a Lie" is essentially a piano driven ballad. It is really nice to see the diversity on this album in that it isn't completely a country album, but it isn't completely pop either. Everyone who was enthralled with Carrie will get what they want from this album, and that in itself is a great quality. This is another single-worthy song, and even if it never makes the radio I think it will be a lot of people's favorite song who buy the CD.

10. We're Young and Beautiful - The song opens with a country-rock guitar driven beat. This is kind of a fun song, it gives the album a light feel after many of the emotional songs which have preceded it.

11. That's Where It Is - A guitar and keys driven pop song. Again, this song has definitely radio potential. On this track Carrie vaguely reminds me of Michelle Branch. Good lyrical content.

12. Whenever You Remember - "Whenever You Remember" is a slowed down pop song. The song is very melodic and will have you swaying unconsciously (at least I found myself doing so).

13. I Ain't in Checotah Anymore - A slow tempo country song turns into an up tempo fun song. The lyrical content is nice as the lyrics descriptively tell us a story about how Checotah is completely different from the big city.

14.Inside Your Heaven - The "bonus" track of Some Hearts, "Inside Your Heaven" was Carrie's initial single after she won American Idol. It is a slow pop song with the countryish twang, similar to some of the country crossover songs on Some Hearts. Ironically, I can tell that on the other tracks Carrie's vocals have gotten better since they initally recorded "Inside Your Heaven" for radio use.

Overall Impression:
    Quite honestly I was not expecting such a great CD, nor was I expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I'm not a big country music fan at all, but I was easily able to get into, appreciate, and even like the more countryish songs. There is nothing I wish would have been done different on the album and I have no complaints about it, and for a debut CD that is definitely saying something.

Overall, I think the fact Carrie and those who produced her album played it safe and provided songs for everyone will lead to more record sales and expanded radio single potential. When all is said and done, Simon Cowell may just be right; Carrie Underwood brought the goods on this album and now it is up to the music connoisseurs to enjoy the fruits of her labor.

Carrie had just an incredible 6th week for sales. She actually outsold her first week by 85,000. After 6 weeks she is now at 1,502,079. She should be double Platinum by the end on January. Just wait until singles like Wasted & Before He Cheats hit the airwaves. She remains in the Top 5 of Billboard Top 200 & will remain on Top of the Country Charts. Jesus Take the Wheel is now at #3 on the Country Charts & from the looks of it soon should be #2. Some Hearts, the single, is at #31 on the AC radio charts & slowly gaining positions.

1 BLIGE, MARY J Breakthrough 727,163 2,539
    2 FOXX, JAMI Unpredictable 597,554 2,230
    3 NOTORIOUS B.I.G Duets: The Fin 437,649 1,452
    4 EMINEM Curtain Call 429,847 323,735 33
    5 UNDERWOOD, CARRIE Some Hearts 400,625 271,245 48
    6 CAREY, MARIAH Emancipation Of Mimi 290,048 190,957 52
    7 VARIOUS Now 20 283,087 259,281 9
    8 CHESNEY, KENN Road & The Radio 268,898 217,510 24
    9 NICKELBACK All The Right Reaso 265,269 192,280 38
    10 CLARKSON, KELLY Breakaway 230,231 180,610 27

Considering that Some Hearts has been out only 6 weeks, & is in limited release over seas I think the below chart is pretty incredible.

United World Chart's 2005 Countdown

Quote:
    2005 Countdown

1 Green Day - American Idiot (Reprise - 7.986.000 copies)
    2 Coldplay - X&Y (Parlophone - 7.766.000 copies)
    3 50 Cent - The Massacre (Shady / Interscope - 7.120.000 copies)
    4 Mariah Carey - The Emancipation Of Mimi (Island - 6.972.000 copies)
    5 Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business (A&M / Interscope - 6.090.000 copies)
    6 Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway (RCA - 5.493.000 copies)
    7 Gwen Stefani - Love, Angel, Music, Baby (Interscope - 4.685.000 copies)
    8 James Blunt - Back To Bedlam (Atlantic - 4.462.000 copies)
    9 Gorillaz - Demon Days (Parlophone - 4.079.000 copies)
    10 Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor (Warner Bros. - 4.031.000 copies)
    11 The Killers - Hot Fuss (Lizard King / Island - 3.487.000 copies)
    12 Robbie Williams - Intensive Care (Chrysalis - 3.386.000 copies)
    13 Michael Bublé - It's Time (Warner Bros. - 3.050.000 copies)
    14 Eminem - Curtain Call (The Hits) (Shady / Interscope - 2.967.000 copies)
    15 Kanye West - Late Registration (Roc-A-Fella / Def Jam - 2.933.000 copies)
    16 U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (Island - 2.899.000 copies)
    17 Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams (Jack Johnson / Brushfire - 2.821.000 copies)
    18 The Game - The Documentary (Aftermath / Interscope - 2.725.000 copies)
    19 System Of A Down - Mezmerize (Columbia - 2.618.000 copies)
    20 Il Divo - Il Divo (Syco Music - 2.515.000 copies)
    21 Nickelback - All The Right Reasons (Roadrunner - 2.479.000 copies)
    22 Eminem - Encore (Shady / Interscope - 2.459.000 copies)
    23 Shakira - Fijación Oral Volume 1 (Epic - 2.293.000 copies)
    24 Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane (Octone / J Records - 2.274.000 copies)
    25 Backstreet Boys - Never Gone (Jive - 2.198.000 copies)
    26 Foo Fighters - In Your Honor (RCA - 2.187.000 copies)
    27 Enya - Amarantine (Reprise - 2.123.000 copies)
    28 Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company (Hear / Liberty / Capitol - 1.922.000 copies)
    29 Kenny Chesney - The Road And The Radio (BNA - 1.779.000 copies)
    30 Il Divo - Ancora (Syco Music / Columbia - 1.775.000 copies)
    31 Ketsumeishi - Ketsunopolice 4 (Toy's Factory Japan - 1.728.000 copies)
    32 Usher - Confessions (Arista - 1.705.000 copies)
    33 Jennifer Lopez - Rebirth (Epic - 1.639.000 copies)
    34 Pussycat Dolls - PCD (A&M - 1.632.000)
    35 Destiny's Child - Number Ones (Columbia - 1.615.000 copies)
    36 Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day (Island - 1.600.000 copies)
    37 Keane - Hopes And Fears (Island - 1.597.000 copies)
    38 Carrie Underwood - Some Hearts (Arista Nashville - 1.538.000)39 Ken Hirai - Utabaka (10th Anniversary Single Collection '95-'05) (Def Star Records Japan - 1.509.000 copies)
    40 Katie Melua - Piece By Piece (Dramatico - 1.488.000 copies)

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Within the week I have heard Carrie on the radio twice! The local country station played "Jesus Take The Wheel" and one of the current stations played "Some Hearts." Look for Carrie to be on the FOX New Year's Eve special, though I'm not sure what she's going to do on it.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601 View Post
    Within the week I have heard Carrie on the radio twice! The local country station played "Jesus Take The Wheel" and one of the current stations played "Some Hearts." Look for Carrie to be on the FOX New Year's Eve special, though I'm not sure what she's going to do on it.
    One day on my way home from work I heard Jesus Take the Wheel on 2 different stations, then I got in my house & turned on XM Channel 16 & they played it to. For a total of 3 times in a half hour. The song is getting over 5,000 plays per week on a Nationwide basis so I'm surprised you hadn't heard it before. It is now #2 on the Country charts & from the looks of the chart action is poised to be #1 by early next week. It is also #1 on the Canadian Country Charts. Some Hearts is finding the going more difficult on the Top 40 stations, but it is in the Top 30 on the Adult Contemporary charts & now that the Christmas music season is over it may have a chance to improve.

This is a really nice article/review/interview.

http://www.themusicedge.com/moxie/ne...letting-.shtml

On the road and away from home, soft-spoken Carrie Underwood laughs as she recalls her embarrassing moment of the day: falling off the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade float in front of The Click Five during rehearsal. “I felt really dumb, but I laughed really hard about it, and so did they, so it all turned out fine,” she says. Discussing life in the fast lane, superstardom, and the roller-coaster ride of emotions and experiences taking hold of her in the aftermath of American Idol, she celebrates the release of her debut album, Some Hearts, and graciously thanks everyone for the opportunities she’s been given. Anticipating spending time with her family for the holidays and enjoying the Thanksgiving feast waiting for her at home, we casually chat over the phone as she looks forward to her performance at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
    After high school Carrie, a Checotah, Okla. native, traveled from her humble upbringing to Northeastern University where she studied Mass Communications. With her plans carved out in one direction and hopes of a career in media looming on the horizon, fate quickly revealed a different path for Carrie in music. Armed with her mom and a beautiful voice, she hopped on a plane to tryout for American Idol. Carrie quickly captured the hearts of the judges and of America, as the down-to-earth, country young woman won American Idol in May of 2005, and began the next step of her career as a pop/country singer.
    Signed to Arista Records, Some Hearts, featuring the hits “Jesus Take the Wheel,” “Some Hearts” and “Inside Your Heaven” collectively creates a warm blend of ballads built on country influences and life themes, with a healthy mix of catchy pop and radio-friendly songs. Carrie’s song compilation ranges from her experiences in love, her transformation from the country to the city, and the pangs and rewards of discovering herself. Some Hearts lays it all on the table and showcases a compassionate Carrie wearing her heart on her sleeve. With Some Hearts debuting at #2 on the charts (falling #2 to Madonna’s latest release) and selling close to 315,000 copies within the first week, clearly Carrie has touched more than just “some hearts.”
    As for the songs on the album itself, listening to “Jesus Take the Wheel,” is enough to bring a tear to your eye and cause you to reconsider if what you do in life truly counts. “Lessons Learned” hits home for anyone who has experienced tough “growing pains” and been grateful for the hand life has dealt them (taking in the bad with the good), whereas the slightly more twangy and backup-vocal influenced “Before He Cheats” gives the listener a glimpse at the side of Carrie you would never want to cross, as the lyrics are laced with revenge and satisfaction. In the end, Some Hearts is a keepsake album for any music lover. Sure, some of the piano sequences sound a little formulaic, and for a moment it may feel predictable, but it might surprise you, as it gives the “American Dream” tangibility. As a fan of country music, I was taken aback and fell in love with the album. As a skeptic of American Idol, I was proven wrong, as now both Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson have already hit mainstream music full-steam ahead; the two female artists are attesting to be some of the purest and most talented female vocalists in the music scene today. Full of unifying stories and common emotions that bind humanity together, Some Hearts has definitely made its home in my CD player and won’t be leaving there anytime soon.
    With her post-Idol resume continuing to grow, and a Skecher’s ad campaign under her belt, Carrie recently made it home with three Billboard Awards for 2005. She continues to generate buzz with her latest performance at the two-time Emmy nominated program “Christmas in Washington,” performing with Ciara and Rascall Flatts for the President, First Lady and other Washington, D.C., VIPs. As 2005 comes to a close, Carrie relays that she is just as pumped up about 2006 as she was about 2005, and looks forward to more success, more fun and more fans.

The Music Edge: So you started singing in church as a young child; how has your experience as a singer changed throughout the years?
    Carrie: I mean, I did stuff like talent shows when I was younger; it was mostly a lot of local events, fairs and stuff like that, but it didn’t really go anywhere until I found American Idol.

TME: In addition to singing, you can also play the guitar. How old were you when you learned how to play?
    Carrie: Right, I think I was a junior in high school when I started playing the guitar, and I’ve been playing ever since.

TME: Did you take lessons at school, or just learn on your own?
    Carrie: I learned some on my own, and then I had a teacher for a couple of months that taught me the basics, and then it just developed into a hobby from there on out.

TME: I remember reading that you know how to yodel. That’s not a talent you hear of everyday—how did you learn how to yodel?
    Carrie: I was in a musical group during college, and we did different-style shows over the summer, and for my first show they had me do “Cowboy Sweetheart,” which has yodeling in it, and I was like, “Oh, well guys, I don’t know if I can do that,” but I did, and I learned how to yodel, and it was a great experience.

TME: Sounds fun. So your favorite singer is Martina McBride—do you have any other favorites?
    Carrie: Yeah, of course, I love Trisha Yearwood and Reba McIntire. I like Garth Brooks, and Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley—

TME: Oh I love Brad Paisley—
    Carrie: (Giggles.) I know, isn’t he great?

TME: He sure is. Who are some of your biggest musical influences?
    Carrie: I have a lot of those. I was fortunate enough to be raised in a family that listens to all different kinds of music, so I listen to oldies from my parents and people like the Bee Gees, and Creedance Clearwater Revival and the Rolling Stones. And then my sisters were quite a bit older than me, they were teenagers when I was little, so I caught the whole eighties hair band thing too. I mean, for myself, I of course listen to country music and everything that is popular now, and lots of rock music. I have a lot of influences—there are just too many to name off right now.

TME: What was the defining moment that made you decide to audition for American Idol?
    Carrie: It was pretty much on a whim, kind of like why not? I even told my mom, “No, I don’t know, it’s too far away, it’s stupid, I won’t make it anyway,” and she was just like, “Carrie, seriously, if you want to go I’ll take you.” So we did it, and here we are.

TME: Wow. What was the selection process like?
    Carrie: Long, very long. At first it was thousands of people, so we were just pretty much hauled everywhere like cattle, and as things got narrowed down it got a little more nerve-wracking, but it all turned out well in the end.

TME: I’d say so.
    Carrie: Yeah, me too.

TME: Where do you find inspiration for your songs?
    Carrie: Anywhere I can. Pretty much when I’m picking out songs, I’ll listen to one, and if it makes me feel something, then chances are it’s a good song.

TME: Do you have a specific song-writing process?
    Carrie: Honestly, I don’t write that much myself. It’s definitely something I want to explore more and do more of in the near future, but things just kind of hit you, I think. I mean, you might be in a conversation and say something and be like, “Oh, that would be a good idea for a song.” I really think inspiration can come from anywhere and everywhere.

TME: What was your recording experience for Some Hearts like?
    Carrie: It was fun; I really like being in the studio. I feel at home there. It’s a really intimate experience, just because it’s just you in a studio singing, closed off from everyone.

TME: What advice would you give to aspiring young musicians?
    Carrie: Most definitely take chances and risks, and follow your dreams. But also have a back-up plan. Make sure not to cheat yourself of an education because having an education is important. Have other things that you can do as well because that’s just a smart thing to do.

TME: Sounds like good advice. What does making music mean to you?
    Carrie: It’s really great; it’s a fulfilling way to express myself. I’ve got a pretty cool job. I love what I do.

TME: What did you want to grow up to be when you were little? Did you want to be a rock star when you were little?
    Carrie: Probably if you had asked me what I had wanted to be, that’s what I would have said. As I got older though, my practical side told me everyone wants to do that, and very few people actually get the chance. So I did prepare for another future, which I don’t regret at all.

TME: Has American Idol changed you?
    Carrie: I hope it hasn’t changed me too much. Of course my daily activities are different, but I still hope I’m the same friend, the same daughter and the same sister that I always was.

TME: Has your success changed your relationships at all with your friends and family?
    Carrie: Yeah, I mean, it is difficult to be a good friend when you’re on the go so much, and my parents are constantly wondering what I’m up to. I think it’s been hard on my mom for me to be so far away, but we’re all coping.

TME: What was the most rewarding part of the experience?
    Carrie: I found out a lot about myself throughout the experience. Especially being out now, I’m not ever alone; there are always people around me, people helping me. But I mean as far as being away from family, I’ve learned that I can be an independent person.

TME: Of course. Was there a most challenging part that came along with that?
    Carrie: Same thing. Being away from home. Things are scary, especially being out and going so many places; you never know what is going to happen. I don’t know what’s going to happen next year, and I’m the type of person that likes to plan things out, so it’s been kind of difficult to just let go and go with the flow.

TME: What is in store for you next?
    Carrie: There are a lot of different events coming up. We want to make sure people go out and buy my album, so we’re going out everywhere, and I’ve been on a lot of T.V. shows and stuff like that. Next spring we’re looking at who else is going on tour, to see who I could possibly be on a bill with. So, there’s a lot to look forward to, no time for slowing down now.

TME: What did you learn most from the experience?
    Carrie: That I am the luckiest person ever. I mean cool things happen, and it’s all about taking chances and not being scared of what the future could hold. If you do that and follow your heart then everything can just fall into place just right, and you’ll be surprised at how things can turn out.
    Thanks Carrie!!

By Amanda Andreen

Big drops in sales across the board this week due to the after Christmas lull. The totals will be final later today when Soundscan posts the numbers they are usually close but will show some adjustments. Carrie held on to the #5 spot on the Billboard Top 200 & will remain at #1 on the Country albums chart. She was 40k ahead of the #2 Country album, which should be the Johnny Cash compilation. Carrie has now passed 1.6million on her way to Double Platinum. Below is the Top 50 & unfortunately with less than 30,640 units sold Bo has fallen off the chart. Kelly Clarkson is still in the Top 20 well over a year after the release of Breakaway.

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
    -- 1 JAMIE FOXX J RECORDS/RMG 178,299 --
    UNPREDICTABLE
    -- 2 MARY J. BLIGE GEFFEN 174,533 --
    THE BREAKTHROUGH
    -- 3 EMINEM SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT 170,947 --
    CURTAIN CALL
    -- 4 NOTORIOUS B.I.G. BAD BOY/ATLANTIC/ATL G 138,380 --
    DUETS: THE FINAL CHAPTER
    -- 5 CARRIE UNDERWOOD ARISTA/RMG 119,197 --
    SOME HEARTS
    -- 6 NICKELBACK ROADRUNNER/IDJMG 96,559 --
    ALL THE RIGHT REASONS
    -- 7 N0W THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 20 UTV 91,540 --
    VARIOUS
    -- 8 THE BLACK EYED PEAS A&M/INTERSCOPE 87,704 --
    MONKEY BUSINESS
    -- 9 FALL OUT BOY ISLAND/IDJMG 85,290 --
    FROM UNDER THE CORK TREE
    -- 10 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 83,233 --
    THE EMANCIPATION OF MIMI
    -- 11 JOHNNY CASH HIP-O/UNIVERSAL 78,425 --
    I WALK THE LINE: THE LEGEND...
    -- 12 KELLY CLARKSON RCA/RMG 76,559 --
    BREAKAWAY
    -- 13 CHRIS BROWN JIVE/ZLG 75,848 --
    CHRIS BROWN
    -- 14 SYSTEM OF A DOWN AMERICAN/COL/CRG 75,259 --
    HYPNOTIZE
    -- 15 KORN VIRGIN 71,657 --
    SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE
    -- 16 LIL' WAYNE CASH MONEY/UNIVERSAL 70,137 --
    THA CARTER II
    -- 17 PUSSYCAT DOLLS A&M/INTERSCOPE 60,497 --
    PCD
    -- 18 LUDACRIS & DTP DEF JAM SOUTH/IDJMG 54,980 --
    LUDACRIS PRESENTS: DISTURBING...
    -- 19 YOUNG JEEZY DEF JAM SOUTH/IDJMG 52,616 --
    LET'S GET IT:THUG MOTIVATION 101
    -- 20 DISTURBED REPRISE 51,986 --
    TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    -- 21 GREEN DAY REPRISE 51,173 --
    AMERICAN IDIOT
    -- 22 JAMES BLUNT ATLANTIC/ATL G 50,421 --
    BACK TO BEDLAM
    -- 23 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 49,569 --
    CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR
    -- 24 KANYE WEST ROC-A-FELLA/IDJMG 49,533 --
    LATE REGISTRATION
    -- 25 CHAMILLIONAIRE UNIVERSAL 49,124 --
    THE SOUND OF REVENGE
    -- 26 FAITH HILL WARNER BROS. 48,921 --
    FIREFLIES
    -- 27 ENYA REPRISE 48,774 --
    AMARANTINE
    -- 28 JUELZ SANTANA ROC-A-FELLA/IDJMG 48,627 --
    WHAT THE GAME'S BEEN MISSING
    -- 29 GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN' SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT 48,122 --
    SOUNDTRACK
    -- 30 RASCAL FLATTS LYRIC STREET 47,822 --
    FEELS LIKE TODAY
    -- 31 GORILLAZ VIRGIN 47,724 --
    DEMON DAYS
    -- 32 DESTINY'S CHILD SONY URBAN/COLUMBIA/CRG 47,561 --
    #1'S
    -- 33 TRACE ADKINS CAPITOL NASHVILLE 44,892 --
    SONGS ABOUT ME
    -- 34 ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS DREAMWORKS 44,592 --
    MOVE ALONG
    -- 35 ASHLEE SIMPSON GEFFEN 43,142 --
    I AM ME
    -- 36 DADDY YANKEE INTERSCOPE 42,516 --
    BARRIO FINO EN DIRECTO
    -- 37 KENNY CHESNEY BNA 42,234 --
    THE ROAD AND THE RADIO
    -- 38 NELLY DERRTY/UNIVERSAL 40,844 --
    SWEATSUIT
    -- 39 SUGARLAND MCA NASHVILLE 40,492 --
    TWICE THE SPEED OF LIFE
    -- 40 KEITH URBAN CAPITOL NASHVILLE 39,439 --
    BE HERE
    -- 41 GWEN STEFANI INTERSCOPE 39,388 --
    LOVE, ANGEL, MUSIC, BABY
    -- 42 THREE 6 MAFIA SONY URBAN/COLUMBIA/CRG 38,084 --
    MOST KNOW UNKNOWN
    -- 43 BLINK-182 GEFFEN 36,415 --
    GREATEST HITS
    -- 44 ANTHONY HAMILTON SO SO DEF/ZLG 34,846 --
    AIN'T NOBODY WORRYIN'
    -- 45 REBA MCENTIRE MCA NASHVILLE 34,620 --
    REBA #1'S
    -- 46 D4L DEE MONEY/ASYLUM 34,282 --
    DOWN 4 LIFE
    -- 47 MATISYAHU EPIC 31,876 --
    LIVE AT STUBBS
    -- 48 COLDPLAY CAPITOL 31,515 --
    X&Y
    -- 49 SHAKIRA EPIC 31,036 --
    ORAL FIXATION VOLUME 2
    -- 50 BIG & RICH WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 30,643 --
    COMIN' TO YOUR CITY

FORT Fanatic
    I just passed thru Checotah, OK on my way from TX to WI over the holidays... saw the big "Welcome to Checotah - Home of Carrie Underwood, American Idol 2005" sign on hwy 69.

+ Reply to Thread