+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 429 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan
    I read somewhere yesterday (I think it was in TV Guide gossip) that one of the girls has been labeled a witch (switch letters here) by the other girls. They didn't name the girl - only said that she has shown her partiality to country music. Sounded like they were talking about Carrie to me. I hope it's not true ... I would be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    I read somewhere yesterday (I think it was in TV Guide gossip) that one of the girls has been labeled a witch (switch letters here) by the other girls. They didn't name the girl - only said that she has shown her partiality to country music. Sounded like they were talking about Carrie to me. I hope it's not true ... I would be disappointed.
    I have visited some of the other fan forums and have found them to be different from this one.

I think THIS ONE is the best! If they get that game going on predictions for the Top Twelve, it can really be fun!

However, if you hear any gossip, we'll certainly listen!!

FORT Newbie
    As a slightly older woman, I had never heard the Faith Hill version, and was aghast at Carrie's spin on the old Joplin classic. Now that I've learned about Hill's version and listened to it, I can only imagine what poor Carrie was thinking as the judges were bashing her. She must have been searching in her mind through her performance to understand what was causing all those comments.

I think, though, that Seacrest will bring it up next week. They seem to read these forums somewhere, and are on top of what's being said.

Go, Carrie!

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Will they admit that Faith Hill did have a version of a "Little Piece of my Heart"? Will they admit Carrie did follow their advice?
    As I've posted elsewhere, the song was originally done by Dusty Springfield.

FORT Newbie
    Just for the fun of it, Carrie should sing "Me and Bobby McGee" next week. That Joplin classic has a kind of country flavor to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsJones
    As a slightly

I think, though, that Seacrest will bring it up next week. They seem to read these forums somewhere, and are on top of what's being said.

Go, Carrie!
    Actually Ryan did mention it last night.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by MrsJones
    As a slightly older woman, I had never heard the Faith Hill version, and was aghast at Carrie's spin on the old Joplin classic. Now that I've learned about Hill's version and listened to it, I can only imagine what poor Carrie was thinking as the judges were bashing her. She must have been searching in her mind through her performance to understand what was causing all those comments.

Go, Carrie!
    Seacrest brought it up last night. He didn't wait for a week. Randy said he still didn't like it. I liked it & I voted for her.

I also think that she deserved more credit on Tuesday; she did great! However, I do have to agree with Simon that she looked slightly uncomfortable at times. As for the "witch" gossip, I wouldn't be surprised if they were true. Appearances can be deceiving. But I doubt much more about is going to come out about it, American Idol contestants do tend to go for the "we all love each other" thing. Unless a bitter eliminated contestant spills...
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    Carrie doesn't have the voice to pull off a Janis version. Janis Joplin had a voice that was rough because she smoked and drank whiskey for years.
    FWIW, I've heard a tape of Janis the night before she turned 16, and her voice sounded very much the same as the year she died. If she'd been drinking whiskey and smoking for years by then, she must have started doing both, big time, when she was awfully young.

As for "Piece Of My Heart," I can imagine other artists, e.g., Bonnie Raitt, taking that song and definitely "making it their own" -- totally different from Janis's version. The point is, to do the song justice, there has to be some strong, raw, gutsy feeling to it -- whether you scream it, moan it, or whisper it. IMO that's what Carrie's rendition lacked.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

BTW, here's a nice pic of Ms. Underwood.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

+ Reply to Thread