+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Carrie earned every one of those awards. However, none of them can be attributed to her recent CD. They were all a result of sales from her single.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Carrie earned every one of those awards. However, none of them can be attributed to her recent CD. They were all a result of sales from her single.
    You are correct, but you have to consider the fact that the CD hasn't been released long enough to qualify for even being nominated for any rewards yet. Nor was it released early enough to qualify for next years Grammys.

By the way the latest figures show that it has shipped 1.4 million copies, so it already qualifies as a Platinum album. Unk, you really should give it a chance, it is one of the better debut albums I have heard in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    I don't just LIKE the CD...I LOVE it!!! There is only one song I am soso about. The rest are fantastic!!!

"Before he cheats", "Don't forget to remember me" , "Wasted", "Some hearts", ......they go on and on!!!

Great Christmas gift for any country fan! I bought two already!
    Don't Forget to Remember Me, is a truly heart wrenching song. Anyone that has ever left home or any parent that has ever watched their child drive away for the first time just has to be touched. My Mom was!!

to think that her single earned all those awards...can't wait till next year!

"Don't forget" touched this mom's heart........and also reminded me of the day I left my home..
    ...."Here's a map and here's a Bible , if you ever lose your way"

Just Cant Live A Lie-Owns me. its so amazing.Her whole CD kicks arse
    Jenny Abby

Quote Originally Posted by Naima_Owns_Me View Post
    Just Cant Live A Lie-Owns me. its so amazing.Her whole CD kicks arse
    I can honestly say that there isn't a song on this CD that I don't like. My favorite changes almost every time I listen. But I really love the slow burn quality of We're Young & Beautiful. She really wraps herself around these lyrics, & just let's fly. I would love to see it performed Live.

Carrie got to be on the same bill with her Idol Martina McBride & LeAnn Rimes last night in Detroit for Hurricane Relief. Check out the review.

Trio of country stars shine in hurricane relief concert

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/f...360.xml&coll=5

Trio of country stars shine in hurricane relief concert
    Review

AUBURN HILLS

THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
    Friday, December 09, 2005
    By Doug Pullen
    dpullen@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6140

AUBURN HILLS - When three women raise their beautiful voices for a cause, they can raise the roof.

Country superstar Martina McBride, seasoned young veteran LeAnn Rimes and the newest "American Idol" Carrie Underwood did more than that at Thursday's "Country Cares for Hurricane Relief Holiday Concert" at The Palace.

They helped raise $500,000 for Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County, which will use the cash to build homes (including the frame of one assembled last weekend in the parking lot) for Gulf Coast residents affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

During a preshow news conference, McBride called the concert an "amazing opportunity," adding, "We've all seen on TV how devastating Hurricane Katrina was. It's our obligation as people ... to do something, especially as artists" to help the victims.

Rimes said she felt the need to "try to do everything possible" to help out, especially since she has roots in Jackson, Miss., and tours with a guitarist, Shane Therio, whose "lost half his home" in New Orleans to Katrina's destruction.

Underwood was late for the news conference, but hung around for a party before the show for which fans plunked down $250 and $275 for the privilege.

She was also the first one on stage, informing the crowd of about 8,000 that "this is basically our first show in front of anyone," at least the first big one she's done with her own band and not a bunch of "Idol" wannabes.

The crowd probably would have been bigger if not for the snow and the pricey tickets, which bottomed out at $45 for the nosebleeds. The concert was underwritten by Chrysler Financial, which no doubt wanted to keep its costs low (thus the sparse production) and charity dollars high.

The audience got a classy, if occasionally routine, show for their money. Underwood, who has yet to tour on her own, has good presence and, like the other two women, a pretty yet powerful voice (the first wow of the night was the high note she sustained on "The Night Before").

Her sound is more generic than the others, and it's mostly pop-rock, not country. But she's going down the right road with songs like her first single, "Jesus, Take the Wheel," a dramatic account of a brush with death that she really wraps that voice around. Her version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" managed to be tasteful and a little sexy at the same time.

Rimes was a revelation. Once a wide-eyed teen sensation with a deer-in-the-headlights look, she has grown into a confident young woman whose standout voice has grown richer and more expressive. Far more animated and charming than she was at the Clio Area Amphitheater last June, Rimes chose to play her last concert of the year backed only by two acoustic guitarists and a dobro player and with her Michigan-born husband (who turns 25 today) and his family in the crowd.

The subdued accompaniment allowed her to sing in a more natural voice, as opposed to competing with electric instruments like she usually does. As a result, her signature song "Blue" sounded fresher and less gimmicky, while a stripped-down "How Do I Live" was less frothy than the original movie soundtrack version. Songs from her newest and most accomplished CD, "This Woman," including new single "Something's Gotta Give," allowed more room for Rimes to stretch out those golden vocal cords of hers.

McBride isn't on tour either. She had a baby in June and recently released an album of country classics called "Timeless," which she'll support with a tour come January (including a March 12 show at Saginaw's Dow Event Center Arena). Her performance Thursday featured the most production - a stage set consisting of five light silver half-arches with oversized lamps - and the best opportunity to showcase those dynamic pipes.

Her 80-minute set smartly balanced pop-country hits like "Wild Angels" and "Broken Wing" with a four-pack of standards from the new CD (Lynn Anderson's "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" and Loretta Lynn's taut "You Ain't Woman Enough" stood out). McBride and her seven-piece band also tore into Pat Benatar's punchy "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," and closed with a soaring a cappella version of "O Holy Night" that showed the other two women had a way to go to match her powerhouse voice.

McBride interrupted her set for a presentation of house keys by Habitat to a Jackson, Miss., mom and daughter displaced by the storm. It was a nice gesture on a night that was filled with the spirit of giving.

Carrie does more...........

12/11/05

"President Bush, "Dr. Phil" McGraw and American Idol Carrie Underwood were among the VIPs helping to raise money with a Christmas pageant benefiting the National Children's Medical Center.

The president and first lady Laura Bush were to attend the annual Christmas in Washington concert on Sunday evening at the National Building Museum.

The event will air Wednesday night on Turner Network Television"

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    Carrie does more...........

12/11/05

"President Bush, "Dr. Phil" McGraw and American Idol Carrie Underwood were among the VIPs helping to raise money with a Christmas pageant benefiting the National Children's Medical Center.

The president and first lady Laura Bush were to attend the annual Christmas in Washington concert on Sunday evening at the National Building Museum.

The event will air Wednesday night on Turner Network Television"

The show includes Rascal Flatts, Ciara & CeCe Winans among others. A report from someone that was at the dress rehearsal is that Carrie first sings a George Michael song"Last ChristmasĒ which I must say I donít recognize. Later in the show she returns to sing "Oh Holy Night & at the end there is a group rendition of --"Hark The Herald Angels Sing!" It should be a good show & Iím looking forward to it.

Pretty amazing that this early in her career she is already performing in Washington D.C. for all the politicos including The Pres. & First Lady.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The show includes Rascal Flatts...
    Razor, you know I'm not a fan of Country, but you reminded me of how much I loved watching Carrie perform with Rascal Flatts on the finale show. Much to my amazement, I've listened to that and Bo's song with Leonard Skynard several times since the last show aired.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread