+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    I can't wait for tomorrow to see Carrie perform at the Billboard Music Awards. Here's an article about rehearsals for the show that mentions her:

Rehearsals underway for Billboard Music Awards

Rehearsals for Tuesday`s Billboard Music Awards got off with a bang Sunday (Dec. 4) at Las Vegas` MGM Grand Garden Arena, as Ciara`s pyro-laden set kicked off a day filled with high-energy numbers. Ciara, fresh off her first night of opening for Gwen Stefani`s Harajuku Lovers tour, performed a medley of her hits, including 'Goodies' and '1, 2 Step.'

The singer, who left BMA rehearsals for a show with Stefani in San Diego, tells Billboard.com she`s confident her stint with Stefani will garner her greater exposure.

'Gwen has a totally different audience than I do and I think even with the blessing of having those big records that I`ve had this year, her fan base is much broader,' Ciara says.

Carrie Underwood showed that she`s already a pro at live performing. After only two run-throughs of 'Some Hearts,' she was done for the day. Underwood says she opted to sing the title cut of her Arista debut rather than current single 'Jesus, Take the Wheel' since she has already performed the latter on a number of TV shows.

'We wanted to keep things fun and up-tempo,' Underwood tells Billboard.com. '`Jesus, Take the Wheel` is an amazing song but I`ve been doing it everywhere and we wanted to try something new and see what kind of reaction we get from it.'

R. Kelly ran through 'Let Your Light Shine,' a song he wrote for the recent Hurricane Katrina relief album 'Come Together Now: Hurricane Relief.' Accompanied by a string section, 'praise dancers' and a 50-plus-member choir, Kelly sang the uplifting number in front of images from the tragedy.

During the BMAs, volunteers will go through the audience collecting donations for the American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity and Musicares. More information is available at HurricaneReliefCD.org.

Among the acts rehearsing for their BMA performances today are Ashlee Simpson, Toby Keith, Stefani and Green Day.

http://music.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1066756.php/Rehearsals_underway_for_Billbo ard_Music_Awards
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

If you got to see her do Some Hearts on the NBC Morning show, it was truly astounding. She sounded better than on the record & hit the money notes strong enough to shake the walls. I really look forward to this performance tonight.

Jesus Take the Wheel has reached the #8 song on the Billboard Country Radio charts. Her first Top 10... of many to come. Not bad after only 7 weeks. The songs on this particular chart take a long time to move. Kind of like the Adult Contemporary Charts.

This is the weekly sales data from Hits Daily Double. It is pretty accurate & will be revised up a bit once the Soundscan data makes it official. Carrie had another great week & will move back to Number 1 on the Country Chart & #3 on the Billboard Top 200. She has now sold right around 650,000 in only 3 weeks.

1 CHRIS BROWN JIVE/ZLG 154,870 --
    CHRIS BROWN
    3 2 N0W THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 20 UTV 153,095 -46%
    VARIOUS
    7 3 CARRIE UNDERWOOD ARISTA/RMG 145,741 -18%
    SOME HEARTS
    2 4 KENNY CHESNEY BNA 133,059 -56%
    THE ROAD AND THE RADIO
    -- 5 SHAKIRA EPIC 129,245 --
    ORAL FIXATION VOLUME 2
    8 6 ENYA REPRISE 108,829 -36%
    AMARANTINE
    6 7 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 105,838 -45%
    THE EMANCIPATION OF MIMI
    11 8 NICKELBACK ROADRUNNER/IDJMG 104,109 -16%
    ALL THE RIGHT REASONS
    1 9 SYSTEM OF A DOWN AMERICAN/COL/CRG 99,489 -70%
    HYPNOTIZE
    4 10 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 96,685 -55%
    CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    WOW! I just heard samples of Carrie's new album on iTunes. I didn't even know it had been released. It sounds fantastic. What a talent!

Im not a country fan so I wont be buying the album, but if I were, Id buy at least two.

Great job Carrie!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    WOW! I just heard samples of Carrie's new album on iTunes. I didn't even know it had been released. It sounds fantastic. What a talent!

Im not a country fan so I wont be buying the album, but if I were, Id buy at least two.

Great job Carrie!
    Do you have to only be a country fan to purchase her CD? If you think that, then you are missing out on a great CD...everything on there isn't country music. I thought it was if you like Carrie Underwood and her voice, you buy the CD?!!!! (And I'm a bigger Bo fan but I still love her CD!)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    everything on there isn't country music.
    Perhaps, but the great percentage of the tunes I sampled sounded very country to me.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying country music is bad, it's just not my cup of tea. I don't care how good the performer is, if you don't ike the genre you won't enjoy the CD.

Tupac was a great rap artist. How many of his CDs do you own?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post

Great job Carrie!
    The CD has indeed been released. It opened at #2 on the Billboard charts beaten only by Madonna. The next week it dropped to #7, but there were numerous reports that stores all around the country were out of stock for the Thanksgiving Holiday. This week she is back up to #3 & has sold less than 10,000 fewer copies than Madonna over the course of 3 weeks. Her total sales stand at approximately 656,000. On the Country charts she opened at #1, dropped to #2 to Kenny Chesney & is now back at #1. As bbnbama said it isn't all Country but it is a very good album. There are 6-8 potential Top 10 hits on there. Jesus Take the Wheel is now at #8 on the Country charts & Some Hearts is headed for the Top 40 on the Pop charts. I truly do think you would like the album, but to each his or her own.

I don't just LIKE the CD...I LOVE it!!! There is only one song I am soso about. The rest are fantastic!!!

"Before he cheats", "Don't forget to remember me" , "Wasted", "Some hearts", ......they go on and on!!!

Great Christmas gift for any country fan! I bought two already!

Here are the winners of the 2005 Billboard Music Awards:

Top-Selling Hot 100 Song of the Year: "Inside Your Heaven/Independence Day," Carrie Underwood (Arista)

Country Single Sales Artist of the Year: Carrie Underwood

Top-Selling Country Single of the Year: "Inside Your Heaven/Independence Day," Carrie Underwood (Arista)

Wow...and to think her CD has only been out three weeks!!!

+ Reply to Thread