+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

razorbacker... have you gotten the cd yet?

I got it yesterday and listened to quite a bit of it on my morning drive in today. It's really a solid, solid album and Carrie sounds wonderful. I'm in love with "Before he Cheats" at this point... just a fun song about a scorned woman getting payback on her cheating boyfriend.

I've only gotten through song 8 so far, but already I'd highly recommend "Some Hearts."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    razorbacker... have you gotten the cd yet?

I got it yesterday and listened to quite a bit of it on my morning drive in today. It's really a solid, solid album and Carrie sounds wonderful. I'm in love with "Before he Cheats" at this point... just a fun song about a scorned woman getting payback on her cheating boyfriend.

I've only gotten through song 8 so far, but already I'd highly recommend "Some Hearts."
    Well I was at Target when they opened that morning & had to wait for them to find the album in their stockroom. They lost a box full of 60 cd's. Geez. So in answer to your question I did buy it, & it truly is one of the best debut albums I have heard in quite sometime. I think there could be as many as 8 hits come from the album. Of course everybody has different tastes, but here are my 8 picks. Wasted (soaring vocals & it starts the album off on the right foot & is the favorite song of many already), Don't Forget to Remember Me(A heartfelt ballad that should do well), Some Hearts ( It goes for the Top 40 market & is a little to pop for me but I can see it being a hit, it stands at #73 & rising right now), Jesus Take the Wheel(already at #16 & rising everyday, it continues to get the biggest move upward week after week), Lessons Learned (it took me a while to like this song but the vocals are great) Before He Cheats( Oh man this may be the break out hit, bluesy, ballsy & I think the women are going to eat it up, I can't believe it was written by 2 men) We're Young & Beautiful( I get a Winona Judd vibe & this should be a show stopper when done live) I Ain't in Checotah Anymore( for anyone from a small town this just hits the mark, & Carrie co-wrote it.

I think it is a great album & her whole team should be applauded for what they have done to jumpstart Carrie's career. I mean she even got to perform & present at the CMA'S, truly a coup for a new artist.

If you click on this link you will see that she has 10 songs getting airplay on Country stations already including Inside Your Heaven which was disregarded by Country on first release.

http://w2.mediabase.com/mmrweb/AllAc...=1000&cutoff=1

I, too, loved "Wasted." With "Some Hearts" I felt her vocals were too overproduced... I don't much like the echoey quality of her voice, but it was a cute song and I can see it doing well. And your description of "Before He Cheats" is dead on. An article that I read about the album actually mentions Carrie helping to write that, too. I thought it was odd.

The other songs I don't know by name yet... heh. Perhaps after the drive home.

Lyrics for Before He Cheats:

Right now he's probably slow dancing with a bleached-blond tramp,
    and she's probably getting frisky...
    right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink cause she can't shoot whiskey...

Right now, he's probably up behind her with a pool-stick, showing her how to shoot a combo...

And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive,
    carved my name into his leather seat...
    I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights,
    slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

Right now, she's probably up singing some
    white-trash version of Shania karoke..
    Right now, she's probably saying "I'm drunk"
    and he's a thinking that he's gonna lucky,
    Right now, he's probably dabbing 3 dollars worth of that bathroom Polo...
    And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive,
    carved my name into his leather seat,

And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

I might saved a little trouble for the next girl,
    Cause the next time that he cheats...

Oh, you know it won't be on me!

Ohh... not on me...
    Cause I dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive,
    carved my name into his leather seat...

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

Ohh.. Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats...

Ohh... before he cheats...

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I, too, loved "Wasted." With "Some Hearts" I felt her vocals were too overproduced... I don't much like the echoey quality of her voice, but it was a cute song and I can see it doing well. And your description of "Before He Cheats" is dead on. An article that I read about the album actually mentions Carrie helping to write that, too. I thought it was odd.

The other songs I don't know by name yet... heh. Perhaps after the drive home.
    "Wasted" is my favorite track on the album. I made it sure to buy the album Tuesday afternoon. Carrie's going to be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight, so I'll be staying up to see her perform.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

"Wasted" and "Before He Cheats" are my favorites. I LMAO listening to "Before He Cheats"!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601
    "Wasted" is my favorite track on the album. I made it sure to buy the album Tuesday afternoon. Carrie's going to be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight, so I'll be staying up to see her perform.
    She was great on Leno. This girl can just sing. All the Country stations I listen to both local & on XM radio have been raving about her since her performance on the CMA'S. She was spot on that night & showed most of the seasoned professionals how to sing & actually stay on pitch. Faith Hill & hubby Tim McGraw, Julie Roberts, & Sara Evans should get a tape of it & study it. They were pretty brutal. Anyway, don't forget, if you get GAC Carrie will be at the Grand Ol Opry tomorrow night at 7:00 on the bill with Emmy Lou Harris, Elvis Costello, Del McCoury, & Rascal Flatts.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    She was great on Leno. This girl can just sing. All the Country stations I listen to both local & on XM radio have been raving about her since her performance on the CMA'S. She was spot on that night & showed most of the seasoned professionals how to sing & actually stay on pitch. Faith Hill & hubby Tim McGraw, Julie Roberts, & Sara Evans should get a tape of it & study it. They were pretty brutal. Anyway, don't forget, if you get GAC Carrie will be at the Grand Ol Opry tomorrow night at 7:00 on the bill with Emmy Lou Harris, Elvis Costello, Del McCoury, & Rascal Flatts.
    I saw her perform on Leno last night too! At the very start of the song she seemed nervous, but was then enjoying herself on stage as she was performing. This was the first time I saw Carrie in HDTV. It was worth staying up to watch the whole show, including Jerry Seinfeld and the guy that plays Larry David's father on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Here is the schedule for Saturday Nights Grand Ole Opry shows. Since this will be televised live between 7-8 it looks like Carrie may have a prime spot.

Oh yeah, that is the same John Corbett from Northern Exposure. I saw him many times on the red carpet at the CMA'S but i didn't know he was a singer. Carrie & Miranda both should be more than interesting.

http://www.opry.com/TicketsAndInformation/ThisWeek.aspx

6:30-7:00
    Mike Snider
    Mel McDaniel
    Connie Smith

7:00-8:00
    Carrie Underwood
    John Corbett
    Miranda Lambert
    Rascal Flatts

8:00-8:30
    Jim Ed Brown with
    Helen Cornelius
    Elizabeth Cook
    Del MCoury Band
    Opry Square Dance Band
    Opry Square Dancers

8:30-9:00
    Porter Wagoner
    Billy Walker
    The Whites
    Vince Gill
    slot.

There is also a second show, but for some reason the schedule didn't copy. Operator error I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Carrie & Miranda both should be more than interesting.
    *sniff* Just reading that made my heart sad for Sex and the City.

+ Reply to Thread