+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

How would you like to see this show? Three power house vocalists on the same stage the same night. Martina, Leann, & Carrie. And the walls came tumbling down.

http://www.countrycaresconcert.com/

The above link wouldn't work for me so here is the information on the concert for those of you in Michigan.

WYCD/Detroit & Chrysler Financial Present 'Country Cares For Hurricane Relief Holiday Concert'

99.5/WYCD/Detroit & Chrysler Financial Present 'Country Cares For Hurricane Relief Holiday Concert,' starring Martina McBride, LeAnn Rimes and Carrie Underwood.

99.5/WYCD/Detroit and Chrysler Financial are pleased to welcome Martina McBride, Leann Rimes, and Carrie Underwood to the "9th Annual WYCD Holiday Concert." This years event is so huge, that they had to move it to The Palace of Auburn Hills. Tickets will go on sale on Friday, October 28th at 10AM at all Ticketmaster locations, including the Palace Box Office, online at www.PalaceNet.com, or charge by phone at 248-645-6666.

All proceeds from the ticket sales will go directly to "Habitat For Humanity's Hurricane Relief Fund." Tickets are $45, $65, $85 and $250 for gold circle seats, which include VIP parking, floor seating and pre-concert party with "The Girls," Martina, Leann and Carrie!
    From allaboutcountry.com A link won't help unless you have an acct.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    On the Arista Nashville Carrie Underwood page, there's a biography that was written by Carrie!
    I never thought that any of this would actually happen to me. These kinds of things only happen to imaginary characters on television or in the movies…not real people.

I began my life with the best family in the world already waiting for me. I was the last of three girls, the other two being nine and 12 by the time I came along. I had a very happy childhood full of the wonderful simple things that children love to do. Growing up in the country, I enjoyed things like playing on dirt roads, climbing trees, catching little woodland creatures and, of course, singing.

I started my musical career at a very early age singing songs in church like “Jesus Loves Me.” As I grew up, Mrs. Cooper’s music class was an easy favorite. I somehow landed all of the lead roles in the third through fifth grade musicals. As I got older, I pushed my mom to take me to local talent shows. I never won, but usually placed. I was so excited when I won a $25 savings bond or a trophy. Little did I know that those little things would someday lead me down the road I’m on today.

In high school, I still sang, but only at things like county fairs, school events, church, and car shows. I focused more on school than anything else and graduated second in my class in May of 2001. After high school, I pretty much gave up on the dream of singing. I had reached a point in my life where I had to be practical and prepare for my future in the “real world.”

College at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK, was a wonderful time for me. I was extremely shy my freshman year, but joined Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, and my sorority sisters managed to bring me out of my shell. They always tried to make me sing at everything, but I was too embarrassed. During the summers I mustered up enough courage to sing at the Downtown Country show—a Branson-style show that included singing, dancing and comedy. It was mainly there that I learned what it was like to be in front of a crowd.

I ended up majoring in journalism, which is the reason I decided to write my own bio. I wanted to have a career in broadcast journalism. I hoped to get a behind-the-scenes job in Tulsa, OK, at one of the local television news shows.

In my last year of college, I was at home one weekend and saw on the news that many people were in Cleveland, OH, sleeping outside in hopes of auditioning for the 2005 American Idol season. People always told me that I should try out for the show, but I never thought I would be able to handle it. I decided to see where else the auditions would be held and found out that the closest place to my home was in St. Louis—hours away. After visiting with a family friend, my mother offered to drive me if I wanted to try out. And the rest is history…

Millions of people all over the U.S. saw me do my best and my worst week to week on the show. It was very stressful, but somehow I managed to keep my sanity through it all. I had never really been away from home before (college was only an hour away), so the L.A. lifestyle was new and usually confusing to me. I learned so much on the show—about myself and about the music/television business.

After I won the title of American Idol 2005, a whirlwind soon followed. I was swept away to talk shows, photo shoots and, of course, recording my very first album. Which brings me to Some Hearts. This album means so much to me. I grew up listening to country music and still hold it very dear to my heart. I have known all of my life that being a country music singer would be the most wonderful thing that I could ever do. I am so grateful that I have this opportunity, and I want more than anything for my family, friends and fans to be proud of me and of the music that I make.

In looking for songs for the album, Simon Fuller, head of 19, suggested I have a meeting with some of the top songwriters in Nashville, TN. The idea of a meeting quickly turned into a weekend at Karian Studios as a writers’ retreat. I got the chance to meet with and, in some cases, help out the writers who would be working on my album. The weekend turned out to be most helpful. The writers got to know me, and a few songs that are on the album came out of that weekend.

The first single, “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” was probably the first song I heard that really struck a chord with me. The song tells such a great story. And fortunately, everyone around me felt the same way about the song that I did, so recording it and making it my first single was really a no-brainer.

During our search for songs, another came across my plate that I simply enjoyed listening to. The name of it is “Some Hearts.” I thought it sounded interesting and would be fun to perform. I also liked the title of the song as an album title.

The next song that I felt a connection with was called “Don’t Forget to Remember Me.” The first time that I heard it, I cried because I was feeling homesick. I got the lyrics and managed to lose them in a stack of papers that I was sending home. My mother got the package and read through the lyrics. She called me and said that the song made her cry, too, and she only read the words. She said that is was “our song.” In that moment, I knew that no matter how hard it would be to get through, I had to record it.

During the writers’ retreat, I found a songwriter that I felt a connection with. Her name is Hillary Lindsey. She was one of the writers of “Jesus, Take the Wheel.” I knew that if any of her songs were as great as that one, I wanted to hear some more. That’s where the songs “Wasted” and “Starts with Goodbye” came in. And, as I suspected, they were just as wonderful as the first.

Writing songs is always something that I have been interested in. But I really didn’t feel like my writing chops were good enough yet to write the songs for my first album. I did, however, try my best to help. I wanted to help write a song that was strictly for my friends and family in my hometown of Checotah, OK. Obviously, the name of that one ended up being “I Ain’t in Checotah Anymore.” It’s basically an account of the things that have been happening to me over the past few months.

I also feel like I should have a disclaimer on one of the songs. You may already know that I’m talking about “Before He Cheats.” This song was so different than the others. I decided to sing it because I think that everyone has a “mean streak,” and the character in the song has a very large one. I would like to say, however, that I do not condone the destruction of anyone’s property and I have never, at any time, keyed anyone’s car.

During the making of this album I learned a lot about myself. I love being in the studio, and every day I was there, I put my heart and my soul into the songs that I sang. I hope you enjoy my first album because I sure enjoyed making it!

So, in conclusion, I guess things like this do happen to normal people. I don’t know how or why I am this lucky, but I hope I continue to be for many years to come…and I hope I never forget where I came from!
    http://aristanashville.com/cu/bio.htm
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

I just found news of another event that Carrie's attending.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view& newsId=20051025006061&newsLang =en

October 25, 2005 03:42 PM US Eastern Timezone

Andrew N. Liveris, President & Chief Executive Officer of The Dow Chemical Company, Honored for Contributions to American-Australian Relations

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 25, 2005--The Dow Chemical Company

-- US$1.2 million raised for October 25 dinner;

-- Rupert Murdoch AC to award Sir Keith Murdoch Education Fellowships;

-- Carrie Underwood, Winner of FOX's 2005 'American Idol,' to perform;

-- Larry Kudlow of CNBC's Kudlow & Company - Master of Ceremonies;

-- Four former Dow Chief Executives attend dinner honoring Andrew Liveris

Australian-born Andrew N. Liveris, the President & CEO of The Dow Chemical Company, the world's leading chemical company, will be honored for his contributions to American-Australian relations by the American Australian Association at a benefit this evening, Tuesday, October 25 in New York City.

The prime purpose of the American Australian Association Benefit Dinner is to raise funds for the Association's Education Fund, the largest privately funded program of its kind between Australia and the United States. The dinner this year has already raised US$1.2 million (AU$1.6 million).

The Education Fund awarded over US$250,000 to eleven Fellows in its 2005 program. Rupert Murdoch AC, Chairman and Chief Executive of News Corporation and a Patron of the Association, will make presentations to the seven attending Fellows, who will speak about their research and studies.

Carrie Underwood, the 21-year-old winner of the FOX television network's 2005 'American Idol,' will perform at the dinner and Larry Kudlow, host of CNBC's "Kudlow & Company," will serve as master of ceremonies.

Herbert Dow Doan, Zoltan Merszei, Paul Oreffice and William Stavropoulos, four former Chief Executive Officers of The Dow Chemical Company will attend the benefit honoring the current Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Liveris.

Other guests attending the Annual Benefit Dinner for the American Australian Association Education Fund include:

David Anstice, President-Human Health of Merck & Co., Inc.; Terry Campbell, Chief Executive Officer of JB Were Goldman Sachs; Charles O. Prince, Chief Executive Officer of Citigroup Inc.; Anthony Walton, Vice Chairman of the Americas, Standard Chartered Bank; Gavin Anderson, Chief Executive Officer of GovernanceMetrics International; Jerome Kenney, Vice Chairman of Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.; Greg Norman AO, Chairman & CEO of Great White Shark Enterprises, Inc.; Kevin Donohue, Chief Executive Officer of Muehlstein Holding Corporation; Nelson Peltz, Chairman & CEO of TRIARC Companies; Theo Roussis, Chief Executive of Ravago SA; Bernt Reitan, Group President - Global Primary Products Alcoa; Anthony Pratt, Chairman of Pratt Industries (USA), Inc.; Paul Stern, Chairman of Claris Capital; William Stavropoulos, Chairman of The Dow Chemical Company; Dr. Hans U. Engel, Chief Financial Officer of BASF Corporation; Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of Fox News Channel; Col Allan, Editor of the New York Post; William Webb, Vice Chairman Emeritus of Altria Group, Inc.; William Y. Yun, President of Fiduciary Trust Company; Bryan Moss, President of Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation; Chairman & CEO of Developers Diversified Realty, Scott Wolstein; Mark Baillie, Head of Real Estate North America and Europe, Macquarie Real Estate Inc., and Hap Stein Jr., Chairman & CEO of Regency Realty Corporation.

Australian Ambassador to the United States H.E. Mr. Dennis Richardson AO; Ambassador to the United Nations H.E. Mr. John Dauth LVO; and New Zealand Ambassador to the United States H.E. Mr. John Wood, will also attend Mr. Liveris on behalf of the Australian and New Zealand Governments.

About the American Australian Association

Founded in 1948, the American Australian Association is the largest non-profit organization in the United States devoted to relations between the United States and Australia and New Zealand; with operations throughout the New York / New Jersey / Connecticut tri-state and the New England and California regions. Its goal is to encourage stronger ties across the Pacific, particularly in the private sector. The Association has an active program of corporate, educational, economic, cultural and social activities. For more information on the Association please visit our website: www.americanaustralian.org.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Here is a list of songs thought to be included on Carries album. Most of the songs were comfirmed by Carrie in her previously written interview. (Thanks to Akuma)

Some Hearts (Diane Warren)
    I Just Can't Live a Lie (Steve Robson/Wayne Hector)
    Whenever You Remember (Diane Warren)
    Lessons Learned (Diane Warren)
    That's Where It Is (Melissa Peirce/Steve Robson/Greg Becker)
    Starts With Goodbye (Angelo/Hillary Lindsey)
    Jesus, Take the Wheel (Hillary Lindsey/Gordie Sampson/Brett James)
    Wasted (Marv Green/Troy Verges/Hillary Lindsey)
    The Night Before (Life Goes On) (Neil Thrasher/Wendell Mobley)
    Don't Forget to Remember Me (Morgan Hayes/Kelley Lovelace/Ashley Gorley)
    Before He Cheats (Chris Tompkins/Josh Kear)
    Ain't in Checotah Anymore (Trey Bruce/Angelo/Carrie Underwood)
    Young & Beautiful (Rivers Rutheford/Steve McEwan)

Band:

Keith Dean
    Mark Oakley - Guitar/Musical Director (downstage stage left)
    Ed Eason - Guitar (down stage right)
    Mark Childers - Bass (stage left)
    Hans Nelson - Keyboards (upstage stage right)
    Lemar Carter - Drums (upstage stage left)
    Ashley Clark - Vocals/Violin/Mandolin
    Cherie Bebout – Vocals

As can be seen on this link her song Jesus Take The Wheel has a 91.9% chance of becoming a hit according to the Billboard Hit Predictor. Keith Urban’s Better Life had only 82.4%. So she is in pretty good company.

http://hitpredictor.billboardradiomo...om/country.php

The below shows that as of the most recent update she is at #36 on the Country charts with 602 radio spins on country stations alone. She is closer to 700 if you add in Christian & Adult Contemporary stations. Pretty awesome stuff for the first week after release.

http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/AllAcce...&showtopn=1000

And for something a little fun!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../ENTERTAINMENT

Rascal Flatts idolizes two different girls?

Looks like hot country boy band Rascal Flatts is torn between two
    Idol lovers.
    You recall that Gary LeVox, Joe Don Rooney and Jay DeMarcus all performed Bless the Broken Road with the most recent winner, Carrie Underwood, on the American Idol finale
    Then first-season winner Kelly Clarkson started doing I'm Movin' On in her set.
    Suddenly there's talk about Kelly and Rascal Flatts getting together to cut something for the Flatts' next album.
    Looks like that might not happen because it's tough to get all the schedules together, but even talking about such a collaboration was enough to send Carrie into mock pouting.
    "I'm gonna go sing with Lonestar," she joked.
    Funny thing she should mention that. Lonestar's Dean Sams recently sent a message to Carrie through Music Row makeup/hairstylist-to-
    the-stars Melissa Schleicher that the Lonestar boys would sing with Carrie anytime.

We already knew abouth the Country meets Broadway show, but here is alittle info on who will be singing what. I would really like to see this show.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/ar..._id=1001390916

Stars Set For 'Broadway Meets Country' BenefitLeading names from Broadway and country music have signed on for the aptly named benefit concert Broadway Meets Country. As previously reported, the Nov. 12 event at Frederick P. Rose Hall in New York is part of "County Takes NYC," a week of events leading up to the Nov. 15 CMA Awards at Madison Square Garden.

The production, which will couple country artists with Broadway performers, will be hosted by Brian Stokes Mitchell and Lee Ann Womack, with musical direction by Stephen Oremus ("Wicked," "Avenue Q").Among the pairings already confirmed for the show are country legend Glen Campbell performing "You'll Never Walk Alone" from "Carousel," Carrie Underwood and Patrick Wilson dueting on "Suddenly Seymour" from "Little Shop of Horrors," Trisha Yearwood and Idina Menzel teaming for "For Good" from "Wicked" and Ben Vereen performing "King of the Road."

Other participating artists include Trace Adkins, Billy Currington, Raul Malo, Jamie O'Neal and Julie Roberts, along with Broadway actors Jason Danieley, Marin Mazzie, Donna Murphy and James Naughton.

Proceeds from Broadway Meets Country will be donated to the Actors' Fund of America and the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Tickets start at $350 and are available by calling 212-869-4535.

Carrie got an award last night.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051028/NEWS01/510280302/1002

'Idol' Carrie makes surprise visit

All Carrie Underwood had to do Thursday was walk onto the Muskogee Civic Assembly Center stage and hundreds who packed the arena erupted in cheers and whistles.

A Checotah native who sang her way to win television's "American Idol" last spring, Underwood made a surprise visit to the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Concert Thursday. She arrived to pick up the Hall of Fame's Rising Star Award.

"We only found out a few hours ago that she could come here tonight," the concert's announcer said over the loud speaker.

"She is just awesome," said Muskogee fan Peggy Lee.

Lee said Underwood's willingness to come to Muskogee for her award proves that the American Idol winner "knows where she came from."

Underwood walked onstage arm-in-arm with an early mentor, former Downtown Country Director C. H. Parker. Underwood once performed with Downtown Country, a summer musical act presented by Northeastern State University.

She won American Idol by receiving the most votes phoned into a nationwide poll after each weekly telecast last spring.

"Your fingers still have the blisters from punching the telephone numbers to vote for her," Parker said. "No one is more deserving of the Rising Star than the one we are presenting tonight."

Underwood bashfully stood beside Parker, holding her hands at her waist.

After getting her award from Parker she told the crowd, "Thank you guys. I am so glad to receive this award, and once again, it's good to be home."

Parker reminded the audience to watch out for her album, due to hit stores on Nov. 15.

At the close of cermonies Thursday night, Underwood joined honorees and Downtown Country to sing "I'll Fly Away." Afterward, a crowd stayed to get Underwood's autograph.

Hilldale student Abbie Faith, 12, recalled meeting Underwood when Underwood was a contestant in the Miss NSU pageant several years ago.

"I think it was real neat. She was real nice," Abbie said.

Here's an article that reflects the status of Carrie's new single "Jesus Take The Wheel":

Carrie Underwood Scores History-Making Top 40 Country Debut!

Nashville, TN – Carrie Underwood makes history this week as “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” the first new single from her debut album, rockets onto the radio airwaves and the country charts.

“Jesus, Take the Wheel” received so much airplay in its first week of release that it debuts at #39 this week on both the Billboard and Radio & Records country singles charts. This marks the first time a newcomer has debuted inside the Top 40 since the start of BDS audience monitoring in 1990.

The chart rankings only begin to tell the 2005 American Idol winner’s out-of-the-box success story. Carrie’s recording gave her the biggest first-week numbers of any new artist this year, as her song was added to the playlists of more than 70 reporting stations-more than double that of any other song this week and a figure so high that only five mega-stars (Kenny Chesney, Garth Brooks, Faith Hill, Gretchen Wilson and Toby Keith) have posted better first-week numbers this year.

The newcomer couldn’t be more thrilled by her reception at country radio. “Everybody keeps throwing numbers at me,” she observes. “I don’t know what they mean, but everybody seems pleased, so I am, too!” Throughout the Idol competition that propelled Carrie into the spotlight this spring, she made it clear to producers and viewers that she’s a country music fan and singer. “Every chance I got I wanted to do country music because everybody kept telling us to be ourselves…and that’s the music I love.”

Carrie’s welcome from country radio extends far and wide. In the coming weeks, she’ll be showcased in interviews on hundreds of stations via many syndicated radio shows, an album premiere special (hosted by Carrie) and specially created satellite radio programming…proof that radio programmers at every level are jumping at the chance to introduce Carrie and her music to their listeners.

Carrie’s debut album, Some Hearts-featuring “Jesus, Take the Wheel” (19 Recording/Arista) -arrives in stores November 15, 2005.

http://magazine.angrycountry.com/article.php?story=200510281517 28470

You can listen to the song here at AOL Music. I like Carrie but I'll have to say I was very disappointed.

I really like the song "Jesus Take The Wheel," and look forward to the music video which will premiere on AOL November 4th!
    As for the song "Some Hearts," which can be heard here, I'm undecided. I've only listened to it a few times.

+ Reply to Thread