Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Zommer101
    I'm still glad she lost

LOST?

My memory is that she won

I'm still glad she lost
    Earth to Zommer. What exactly was it that Carrie lost?

FORT Newbie
    Record sales with Bo. I dont see whats so special about her. She should have went on Nashville Star

FORT Fanatic
    Record sales with Bo. I dont see whats so special about her. She should have went on Nashville Star

really. i thought bo only beat her in pre-sales only not overall sales.

if she shouldve tried out for nashville star than bo shouldve gone for the INXS rock thing.

im really tired of hearing all these one track mind thing. this isn't rock idol. not pop idol. not r&b idol. not folk idol. not christian idol. not country idol. just because another genre has their own competition, no one should be limited to just that. american idol is an open idol. any american can compete.

but hey. thats your opinion. i guess a lot of people who VOTED her to WIN and bought her single and cant wait for her upcoming cd next month thinks she's special.

This show ended months ago & the competition between Carrie & Bo ended then as well. They are the best of friends and are both now in Nashville recording their albums.

I wish them both all the luck & success in the world.And oh yeah, just for the record, her single sales stand at almost 100,000 more than Bo.
    Last edited by Leo; 10-15-2005 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Removed personal attack.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    She should have went on Nashville Star
    Actually, there's an old article from a few months back where Carrie commented on this.
    "It bothers me when people say, 'Oh, Carrie shouldn't be on American Idol. She should be on Nashville Star,' " she says. "I think it's really good for country music to have somebody advance as far as I have, because maybe it opens some people's eyes that didn't like it before."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-05-23-idol-preview_x.htm?csp=N009

The November 2005 issue of Reader's Digest features an article written by Carrie!
    Last edited by Akuma24601; 10-15-2005 at 06:18 PM.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Today is the day that Jesus Take The Wheel hits the National Ariwaves. As of 7am this morning CST it has already been played over 20 times & rising. I hope you all will get a chance to hear it. Her voice just soars. And as you can see from the below, her performance at the Ryman on the 19th will be shown on GAC. I must say I am so happy that her Nashville team seems to be so prominent in promoting her career & the 19E people have let her take a different path than all other past winners.

http://www.gactv.com/news/haislop/n-update.html

CARRIE UNDERWOOD SINGLE HITS THIS WEEK
    Carrie Underwood is gearing up this week for the release of "Jesus, Take the Wheel," (from her upcoming CD SOME HEARTS, due Nov. 15th).

"Everybody's had a point in their life when they realize that they can't control everything about their life," Carrie says about the single. "Everybody's had a point in their life when they've come to some sort of realization like that. And that's what the song's about."
    CATCH CARRIE ON OPRY LIVE November 19th, to be broadcast Live on GAC.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Thank you razor for giving me the heads up about the song. I downloaded it right away and I think it is really amazing. Carrie is honestly just amazing, a voice like an angel. Funny thing I really enjoyed this song and I am not a big fan of country.

I Love Orlando Bloom!! karebear's Avatar
    i'm not a huge fan of country music either but i love carrie's voice and her music. so i guess she's just that damn good if she can convert me to country.

I heard "Jesus, Take the Wheel" yesterday for the first time. I really liked it.

+ Reply to Thread