+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Hot off the Presses folks. Some Hearts is the title & Nov. 15th is the day. The first single Jesus Take the Wheel Oct. 18th. Produced by Mark Bright & Dann Huff, no mention of Clive Davis. The Idol powers have seen the light & realized Carrie doing country needed country producers. That may be the best news ever for her.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../ENTERTAINMENT

Carrie finds all the local landmarks

Seems American Idol winner Carrie Underwood apparently is quite serious about this country music thing after all.
    Carrie has been in Nashville for two weeks finishing her first album, which will be called Some Hearts, an album that "drops" (that's what the kids say today) Nov. 15.
    Coincidence that that happens to be the same date as the CMA Awards show? I think not. Carrie indeed plans to be in New York to take advantage of all of the nationwide CMA media coverage to talk about her album.
    So what will the album sound like? Think pop-country. It's being produced by Mark Bright, who has made albums with Rascal Flatts and Sara Evans and others, and Dann Huff, who has worked with Faith Hill and Keith Urban.
    I heard a snippet of the first single, a pretty ballad called Jesus Take the Wheel, and it sounds quite a bit like a Sara Evans song.
    Look for the single to come onto country radio Oct. 18, and then you'll see her on several national TV shows in about three weeks.
    Meanwhile, Carrie has enjoyed her stay in Nashville, working in Music Row studios and lunching at the nearby Panera Bread.
    I can tell you she's an authentic Music Row maven now, though, because she made her first trip to Pancake Pantry on Monday morning.
    In addition to pancakes, Carrie got several requests to pose for cell phone pictures, which she handled with smiles and grace.
    In case you were wondering, Carrie ordered fried eggs over easy and pancakes. (Will someone please steer her toward the chocolate chip pancakes?)

Mark Bright is one of the producers of Carries album. Check out what he has to say about her & the first single. Pretty cool. She certainly has the assistance of some of the top producers in Nashville. Some of the nominations for this years CMA are as follows.

SINGLE OF THE YEAR
    (Award goes to artist and producer)
    “Bless the Broken Road”
    Rascal Flatts
    Produced by Mark Bright/Marty Williams/Rascal Flatts
    Lyric Street Records

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    (Award goes to artist and producer)
    Be Here
    Keith Urban
    Produced by Dann Huff/Keith Urban
    Capitol Records Nashville

Feels Like Today
    Rascal Flatts
    Produced by Mark Bright/Marty Williams/Rascal Flatts
    Lyric Street Records

http://www.countrystarsonline.com/news.htm

Today's Country Music News!
    Carrie Underwood's First Single "Jesus, Take The Wheel" To Country Radio October 18

Debut Country Album, SOME HEARTS, Due In Stores November 15
    NASHVILLE - (Sept. 30, 2005) - American Idol 4 winner Carrie Underwood will release her new single, "Jesus, Take The
    Wheel," from her debut album to country radio on October 18. The song was written by Hillary Lindsey, Gordie Sampson
    and Brett James.

"I loved this song from the first time I heard it, and it happened to be co-written by one of my favorite songwriters, Hillary Lindsey," says Underwood. "It tells a very touching story about asking for help. Everyone's had a point in life where you realize you can't control everything. I think many people will be able to relate to it."

"Carrie sang the daylights out of this song," says producer Mark Bright. "She is an absolute dream to work with in the studio. She has a great sense of herself, where she wants to go, who she wants to be and doesn't know the meaning of
    the word stress."

Underwood's debut country album, SOME HEARTS, on 19 Recordings/Arista is due in stores on November 15 and is one of the most anticipated albums of 2005. The album launches the day of the CMA Awards, a most fitting target date for
    Underwood who has clearly established her heart is in country music. The album is being produced by Mark Bright (Sara Evans, Jo Dee Messina, Rascal Flatts,) and Dann Huff (Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban).

Underwood is currently in the studio in Nashville finishing up the album after wrapping the American Idols Live! 2005
    43-city tour on Sept. 11.

Underwood, age 22, hails from Checotah, OK and was crowned the American Idol 4 winner in May of this year.

The album cover is on Arista website for upcoming release!

That is one beautiful woman. Yeow! Can't wait to hear the full album.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Can't wait to hear the full album.
    That makes two of us.
    Here's hoping that radio stations WILL play her song. If "Jesus Take The Wheel" isn't considered a country song, then I don't know what is. From what I previewed, it sounds like a great song with a great story to it. And according to Ray Charles(or at least what Jamie Foxx said in the movie "Ray"), one of the appealing traits of country songs are their stories.
    I wonder what the upcoming TV appearances will be. Maybe one of them will be the appearance on SlimeTime Live that Sirius Radio mentioned a while back, where she would get slimed and stuff and it would involve kids affected by Hurricane Katrina. A live performance or two would be awesome. The ideal shows for this would be the Today Show & Jay Leno.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

I don’t think this will be televised, but she is appearing here. Lot's of big stars from different world & Carrie is amongst them.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=5229

CMA Awards Top Nominee Lee Ann Womack and Tony Winner Brian Stokes Mitchell To Co-Host 'Broadway Meets Country'
    Country Music superstar and top CMA Awards nominee Lee Ann Womack and Broadway leading man, Tony® Award Winner, Brian Stokes Mitchell, will co-host the Nov. 12 “Broadway Meets Country” concert, a benefit performance celebrating the universality and crossover appeal of these two popular genres and their performers.
    This special charity performance is a fundraiser for The Actors’ Fund of America, for which Mr. Mitchell is President, and the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
    The announcement was made today by the Country Music Association and The League of American Theatres and Producers, Inc. who are collaborating on this unique and unprecedented event – “Broadway Meets Country” -- which will be a highlight of the weeklong series of events leading up to “The 39th Annual CMA Awards” known as “Country Takes New York City.” The “Broadway Meets Country” concert is presented by Anheuser-Busch, Inc. and Michelob Ultra.
    Lee Ann Womack, who is nominated for CMA Female Vocalist, Single, Album, Music Video, and Musical Event (2) of the Year, returned to her roots this year with her album There’s More Where That Came From and those roots are strong and run deep. Raised in Jacksonville, Texas, Womack received an early education in Country Music from her father, a part-time Country disc jockey. She signed a writing contract with Tree Publishing in 1995 and a year later she signed a recording contract with Decca Records (now MCA Nashville).
    A critical darling, her third album, I Hope You Dance , kicked Womack’s career into high gear. The title track became her biggest No. 1 hit, crossing over to the pop charts and ultimately helping the album sell more than 3 million copies. The songs on There’s More Where That Came From, including “I May Hate Myself in the Morning,” may never never hit the pop charts, but Womack’s classic Country-influenced album will stand the test of time as one of her most honest works.
    Brian Stokes Mitchell, has enjoyed a rich and varied career on Broadway, television and film, along with appearances in the great American concert halls. His musical versatility has kept him in demand by some of the country’s finest conductors and orchestras. Earlier this year in New York he made his cabaret debut as both singer and musical arranger at Feinstein’s at the Regency in his critically acclaimed one-man show “Love/Life” which then moved to the Vivian Beaumont Theater at Lincoln Center. In June he headlined the Carnegie Hall concert presentation of Rodgers and Hammerstein's “South Pacific” with Reba McEntire, which will air on PBS next year.
    Highlights of Mr. Mitchell’s Broadway career include performances in “Man of La Mancha” (Tony® nomination and Helen Hayes Award); “Kiss Me Kate” (Tony®, Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards); “Ragtime” (Tony®, nomination); August Wilson’s “King Hedley II” (Tony® nomination); “Kiss of the Spider Woman;” “Jelly’s Last Jam;” and David Merrick’s “Oh, Kay!”
    His very long television career began with a seven year stint on “Trapper John, MD.” Numerous film and TV appearances more recently include “One Last Thing” which just debuted at this year’s Toronto Film Festival, recurring roles on “Crossing Jordan” and “Frasier,” PBS’ “Great Performances,” DreamWorks’ “The Prince of Egypt,” and his “Presidential Debut” in “The Singer and the Song” from the White House.”
    Broadway and Country Star-Studded Line-Up
    The glittering line-up of performers scheduled to appear, in addition to Mr. Mitchell, include Broadway performers Reneé Elise Goldsberry, Andrea McArdle, Donna Murphy, James Naughton, Idina Menzel, Marian Seldes, Ben Vereen, and Patrick Wilson.
    Country stars, along with Ms. Womack, who are scheduled to perform include Trace Adkins, Glen Campbell, Billy Currington, Raul Malo, Richie McDonald, Jamie O’Neal, Julie Roberts, Carrie Underwood and Trisha Yearwood.

Stephen Oremus is musical director and arranger for the “Broadway Meets Country” event. Currently he is music supervisor/ conductor/ arranger for “Wicked” (original cast recording); and music supervisor/arranger/orchestrator for “Avenue Q” (original cast recording). He was music supervisor/arranger/orchestrator for Jonathan Larson’s “tick, tick…BOOM”! in NYC and national tour (original cast recording); music Director for Andrew Lippa’s “The Wild Party” at Manhattan Theatre Club (original cast recording).

There is another photoshoot for her album...

Last edited by noni; 10-07-2005 at 11:58 AM.

Those are really nice pictures of her
    "this love is unbreakable..."

Carrie hits the Ryman Stage. This is just 4 days after the CMA show & the release of her album. Things are happening quickly. A pretty good lineup as well. Good for her!

http://www.opry.com/TicketsAndInformation/Calendar.aspx

11/19 Emmylou Harris, Elvis Costello, Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Buddy Miller, Del McCoury, Carrie Underwood, John Corbett

FORT Newbie
    I'm still glad she lost

+ Reply to Thread