+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 424 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I think Carrie is in danger of getting the Diana DeGarmo from the judges. They tell her one thing one week & something completely opposite the next. (Remember Simon telling Diana one week she was to young for the show & the next week he called her an old sole?) All of the other contestants they tell to stretch their wings, Carrie does & they tell her to stick with Country. I have a sneaking suspicion that if she had sang country they would have told her to do something different. I for one think Carrie along with Bo have stardom written all over them whether they win or not.

I dont think it is fair how they do that. And I agree that if she did Country, they probably would have told her to do something different. It just isnt fair. I thought she did an amazing job last night, no matter what she sang.

I thought that Carrie was very good, much better than last week. Last week she was dull, this week though she was a little out of place she moved a tad more. I am glad she picked another style of music.

I am so anxious to see what the judges will say! Will they admit that Faith Hill did have a version of a "Little Piece of my Heart"? Will they admit Carrie did follow their advice?

Just think if she had pulled off a Janis version! That would have been awesome!

FORT Fogey
    Carrie doesn't have the voice to pull off a Janis version. Janis Joplin had a voice that was rough because she smoked and drank whiskey for years.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    Carrie doesn't have the voice to pull off a Janis version. Janis Joplin had a voice that was rough because she smoked and drank whiskey for years.
    Janis wasn't very old when she died so I think she actually drank many years worth of whiskey in a very short time. Sorry I just had to.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I think Carrie is in danger of getting the Diana DeGarmo from the judges. They tell her one thing one week & something completely opposite the next. (Remember Simon telling Diana one week she was to young for the show & the next week he called her an old sole?) All of the other contestants they tell to stretch their wings, Carrie does & they tell her to stick with Country. I have a sneaking suspicion that if she had sang country they would have told her to do something different.
    I hate when they do that!
    "Do something different."..."What happened? That wasn't you."
    "You have to be versatile."..."Be yourself!"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Janis wasn't very old when she died so I think she actually drank many years worth of whiskey in a very short time. Sorry I just had to.
    She was 27.. but i think her voice was more then the whiskey and such.. it was always very distinct. It was the perfect voice to sing blues. Carrie has a much sweeter voice, yes much like Faith Hill. However that being said.. yes if she had pulled off hte Janis version.. i would have sung her praises in turn.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    She was 27.. but i think her voice was more then the whiskey and such.. it was always very distinct. It was the perfect voice to sing blues. Carrie has a much sweeter voice, yes much like Faith Hill. However that being said.. yes if she had pulled off hte Janis version.. i would have sung her praises in turn.
    Yes, Janis had a distinct voice from the beginning! Many people thought she was a young black girl/woman.

OK, can Carrie sing "9 to 5"? Awww, I'm just teasin'. I like Carrie and she will do well in the competition!

If the judges insist that Carrie stick to Country how about an upbeat song like Redneck Girls! Yee HAh!!

+ Reply to Thread