+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I was at the 3rd stop on the tour in B'ham and Carrie did sing the full version of "Alone" and other posts that I've read on both idolforums and idolonfox mention that she has sung it on other stops on the tour. Her performance was awesome in B'ham!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug
    Hmm. How odd. The reviews I've read for the Sunrise and Atlanta shows omitted any mention of Carrie singing "Alone" -- that's why I thought it was a new addition. Maybe the reviewers went to the bathroom during that song or something.

Here are a few of the reviews I'm referring to:

http://www.accessatlanta.com/enterta...dol/index.html

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true

http://www.mediafiends.com/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0
    If you go back to the page prior to this one you can read the review of the Sunrise concert from the Palm Beach Post & the reporter was very complimentary of Carries version of Alone. I have read many reviews from people that have gone to other shows & no one has been disappointed because Carrie didn't sing Alone. It was the song they were looking forward to hearing so if she didn't sing it I'm sure we would have heard about it. Why those articles don't mention it I can't say.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Here's another nice article about Carrie:

‘Heaven' and earthy

Carrie Underwood, this year's "American Idol" winner, is still making contingency plans in case this music thing doesn't work out.

Never mind that her first single, "Inside Your Heaven," has already hit No. 1 on the pop charts or that her first national tour is in the arenas and coliseums usually reserved for veteran stars. Never mind that she's in the middle of recording her debut album for release this fall or that millions of people voted for her on the show for months.

No, these days, Underwood, 22, is still thinking about returning to Northeastern State University in Tahlequah,cq/jrs Okla., where she is 12 credits short of her degree in mass communications and journalism. "It's nice to know I can go back to something else," she said, calling from a tour stop in Fort Lauderdale with the rest of this year's Top 10 "American Idol" finalists. "It's good to know that if something happens, and I can't sing any more, I can find a job somewhere. It's nice to have a trade."

It's that down-to-earth style, along with her powerful voice, that made Underwood a fan favorite, propelling the country singer to the top of a pop singer contest. "I was worried about how people would take me," she said. "In the South, it's all about country music, but I never knew how other places would take it. I thought that they would say, 'Oh, she can only sing country music.'"

But Underwood decided to take a risk. "I could have picked more rock songs, but I was thinking about what I wanted to do afterwards, and what I wanted was to sing country music," she said. "I was amazed how everyone supported me. I didn't have to change who I am."

Underwood is still getting used to how much her life has changed. "I'm still getting used to people recognizing me and stuff," she said. "Me and Anthony [Fedorov, another "Idol" finalist] went shopping in L.A. a few weeks ago, and people would come up to us and say, 'You go shopping, too?' They saw us at Wal-Mart and said, 'You guys go to Wal-Mart?' and we're like, 'Are you kidding? We love Wal-Mart.' We're just normal people."

Of course, normal people don't usually have No. 1 singles the first time out. "It was so amazing," she said. "I'm so glad to know that I have that kind of support behind me. I've been trapped in this 'American Idol' bubble for so long that I had no idea what was going on in the real world."

Normal people also don't usually practice singing and dancing 12 hours a day for weeks on end. "We put in a lot of work," she said, laughing. "The whole show is really high-energy, and there's lots of lights and smoke and video screens."

Underwood said her favorite number is the Dixie Chicks' "Sin Wagon," because it lets her express herself. She hopes that her debut album, which she will record in Nashville, Tenn., on off days during the tour, will be a further expression of her feelings.

"I'm really a go-with-the-flow kind of person," Underwood said. "But every now and then, I think about everything I've been able to do so far. It's so hard to fathom. It was just last year that I was in class worrying about keeping a job and having some money. It's so nice not to worry - as much."

http://www.nynewsday.com/entertainment/tv/ny-horobyline4350169jul21,0,40899 31.story?coll=nyc-manheadlines-tv
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

This chart shows the Radio airplay of IYH. It is #19 just below Hall & Oates & just above the Eagles. She tied for 3rd most added with 7 new stations picking up the song. And is #1 in increased amount of plays with 153. Picking up steem in her 5th week.

http://www.radioandrecords.com/Forma...s/AC_Chart.asp

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    In Toronto, on Wednesday, she sung Along, and amazingly might I ass. She was just incredible along with everyone except Anwar and Constantine, but thats my taste. I found Bo the third best, Nikko the second best, and Carrie was just incredible. Although Im not a fan of pure country, Sin Wagon was sung very nicely and confidently, Alone was incredible, especially when she got into the second verse like in the show, Independence day wasnt too bad, not as good as the first time she sung it in the top 10 but it was still very good, her duet with Bo, it seemed like Bo took more of her song, Broken Road, but she is just a natural at that song and Inside your heaven was sung better than any version ive heard. I cant describe how great she was. She had the wavy hair, I like it straight better and her outfit wasnt that great until she got to inside your heaven. She moved around the stage and everything in Sin wagon and not so much the rest. Oh and she said Thank you for getting double platinum in Canada.

Constantine seemed VERY country to me and said hospitable like 10 times, seemed like canada was some unknown lost country. Scott was hilarious saying that the first time he came to Canada he was a little fat man and now that he came back hes just a big fat man. Nikko was so smooth, threw his hat into the stage. Just really nice. Love his performances. Jessica and Scotts duet was great. Anthony seemed so genuinely happy, and said he was nervous to everyone and was really nice went into the audience part. Didnt like Anwar at all. Vonzell can sing and she certainly showed it. Really liked her. COnstantines voice was just horrible. Especially in the singing parts for Bohemian Rhapsody. Nadia was really good, I always loved her. Sounded very like Macy Gray when she talked.

In the middle of one of the songs, I screamed I love you Carrie and she heard me and said Thank You and laughed and sounded embarassed. Wow I think Im in love. Im so happy, the only person she talked to in the concert. And wow, im lovestruck lol. Oh and Constantine came out to see 1 and a half of her songs at the side. Sorry I rambled too much.
    Last edited by baskiddball; 07-23-2005 at 01:13 AM.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    *sigh I cant edit it, 30 min but i mean bo was very country not constantine.

baskiddball, I didn't think that you rambled. I enjoyed your sharing. Sounds like you had a really great time. I'd like to see the concert too. I'm a big fan of Carrie, Bo, Scott, Vonzell, and most of the rest of them.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    It sounded really great. I'm really happy right now because I get to see the concert after all. Bad seats, but at least I get to be there.

NEW YORK - If only Bo Bice had cut down on the ribs. Carrie Underwood, who beat out Bice to win the "American Idol" crown in May, was voted the "World's Sexiest Vegetarian" in PETA's annual online poll. She shares the honor with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.

More than 13,000 votes were cast in the contest run by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the animal rights group announced Tuesday.

Underwood, a 22-year-old Oklahoma native, wore a "V for Vegetarian" T-shirt on the Fox show. Martin, 28, and his wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, made headlines when they gave their 1-year-old daughter, Apple, a vegan birthday cake.

Underwood and Martin beat out other famous veggie lovers including David Duchovny, Reese Witherspoon, Avril Lavigne, Joaquin Phoenix and Prince.

Last year, Andre 3000 of OutKast and Alicia Silverstone won the "sexiest vegetarian" title. Other previous winners include Tobey Maguire, Lauren Bush and Shania Twain.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050727/...derwood_martin

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    I haven't seen a article about the Hershey's commercials posted here, so here's one:
    Carrie and the Chocolate Factory

by Sarah Hall
    Jul 21, 2005, 1:45 PM PT

Carrie Underwood has landed herself a sweet deal.

The 22-year-old American Idol winner will lend her voice to a new ad campaign for Hershey, singing classic jingles in candy bar commercials.

Underwood will sing catchy tunes such as "Sometimes you feel like a nut...sometimes you don't" for Almond Joy and Mounds and "Give me a break" for Kit Kat Bars.

Using the newly minted star to sing the familiar jingles is intended to put a modern spin on an old favorite, according to Jay Cooper, Hershey's vice president of U.S. chocolate brands.

The new campaign will also give chocolate lovers the chance to earn T-shirts picturing Hershey's classic brands--Hershey's, Reese's, Kit Kat, Almond Joy and York--by sending in their candy wrappers as proof of purchase.

"I have such great memories of growing up and enjoying Hershey's chocolate," Underwood said in a statement. "I'm excited to be a part of this promotion--singing the Hershey's jingles on TV and helping give away these fun, vintage T-shirts."

The goldilocked crooner has also been selected as the new celebrity spokesmodel for Skechers--a post previously held by both Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera--and was chosen as PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian for 2005, along with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.

Clearly, a little Idol status goes a long way.

Underwood and nine other Idol finalists are currently touring the country on the American Idols Live! Tour 2005, which wraps up in September.

Following the tour, Underwood is expected to release her debut album in November on 19 Recordings/Arista.

The "Inside Your Heaven" singer has already broken Billboard chart history by becoming the first country artist to have a single debut atop the Hot 100 Chart.

For those tune-carrying types aspiring to be the next Carrie, Kelly, Fantasia, Ruben or even Clay, auditions for the fifth season of American Idol are being held this summer in Boston, San Diego, Denver, Chicago, Austin and Memphis.

William Hung wannabes need not apply.
    Has anyone else seen any of the Hershey's commercials? The last time I saw one was by luck when I was flipping through the channels and saw the one where she sings the Hershey's song during a commercial break for Smallville.
    The CMA Music Festival is next Tuesday on ABC. They haven't shown Carrie in any of the commercials, so I hope they show her performing on the special.
    Since people have posted pictures in the early pages of this thread, I figure I'll share a picture of the Carrie Underwood classic Winamp skin I made a few weeks ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

+ Reply to Thread