+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

It is my belief that we are seeing the begginings of a Carrie multi-media blitz that will help to put her name front & center & make her the complete package that AI has been looking for. This must have been the commercials that Carrie was doing that were aluded to by her mother.

Carrie gets good reviews for her stage prescence during last nights opening show. I was really pleased to see the she & Bo did a duet & even played guitar together.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...idol_0713.html

American Idols actually deserve worship on stage
    By Leslie Gray Streeter
    Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, July 13, 2005
    During the last season of American Idol, I received constant e-mail from people who had seen the shows live insisting that the performers I found boring and blah on TV (eventual winner Carrie Underwood, cute little cheeser Anthony Fedorov) were charismatic and exciting in person, in a way that didn't translate through the tube.
    Well, I've just seen evidence that those writers weren't lying.
    Last night's occasionally shaky but overall entertaining American Idols Live show at the Office Depot Center provided some solidly great moments that I just didn't expect. I knew it was going to be fun. But I didn't know it was going to be good.
    It broke down into the good, the bad and the cheesy. Here's the rundown:
    The good
    Underwood, whom I admit to calling the Dollybot for her stiff, personality-free delivery that didn't do justice to her big, gorgeous voice, was the bot no more. She strutted that stage like a fully realized, fully engaged pro, making show favorites Alone by Heart and Bless the Broken Road, by Rascal Flatt — a sweet duet with runner-up Bo Bice — fantastic. And when she shook her tight jeans knowingly for the Dixie Chicks' good-time debauchery ode Sin Wagon, she shocked and did all the country girls proud. Her only snoozy moments came in the group encore of Lean on Me, but then, she can't do everything perfect, right?

Bo Bice: He sings! He plays guitar like a madman! He's so talented and above this level of cheesy pleasery, yet so gracious. He did Gavin DeGraw's I Don't Wanna Be almost as well as DeGraw did on the same stage a month ago.
    Miami's own Nadia Turner: Her You Don't Have to Say You Love Me is a fierce instant classic.
    Anthony Fedorov: I take back everything I said about him, because his Every Time You Go Away was soulful, note-perfect and (forgive me) sexy. Who knew?
    The bad
    The phantom backup singers, who were either hidden under the stage or on a recorded track, which made the proceedings somehow diminished, and a 30-minute intermission filled with no set changes but a lot of commercials. Bah.
    The cheesy
    Oh, the whole thing was, sort of. But gloriously. That aforementioned encore of Lean on Me featured, front and center, the shameless naughty eye movements and hip grinding of Constantine Maroulis, the ladies' fave. Talented boy, that one. And he not only acknowledges the cheese but also embraces it.
    All in all, an awesome night, if a slightly bumpy one.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    It is my belief that we are seeing the begginings of a Carrie multi-media blitz that will help to put her name front & center & make her the complete package that AI has been looking for. This must have been the commercials that Carrie was doing that were aluded to by her mother.
    Actually she filmed Hershey commercials! A fan site recently posted rough cuts of the commercials. She sings and speaks in them.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

This is an advertising magazine article about what we can expect to see in Carries Sketchers ads. They are certainly going full speed ahead.

http://www.brandweek.com/brandweek/h..._id=1000978816

Skechers Campaign Features American Idol Star
    July 13, 2005
    NEW YORK -- Trendy teen footwear brand Skechers USA has signed American Idol winner Carrie Underwood to a global endorsement agreement. Skechers will feature the 22-year-old singer wearing its sport and fusion styles beginning with its fall ad campaign. The campaign, created in-house, coincides with the 41-city American Idols Live! Tour 2005 and the debut of Underwood's country album, which is slated for a November release via 19 Recordings/Arista.

Ad creative shows Underwood in at least two shots. "The ads show Carrie as she is now, a person who loves animals, which is why there are animals in the shot, and a person who loves fashion, which is why she is shown sitting on the floor of a closet," said a Skecher's spokesperson. "Other ads show who she is becoming and play up the star factor and her celebrity with adoring fans."

The campaign breaks in fall publications and will include billboards, mall kiosks and in-store POP.

The budget for the campaign was not released, but is consistent with previous spends. The company spent $35 million in 2004 and $8 million through May this year, per Nielsen Monitor-Plus.

The endorsement agreement, which continues through December 2006, was signed with 19 Merchandising Limited on behalf of Underwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601
    Actually she filmed Hershey commercials! A fan site recently posted rough cuts of the commercials. She sings and speaks in them.
    I just watched the clips. She looks great, sounds great, & should do great. Any idea when they start to air. Also, I wonder why there was no announcement from Hershey like the ones we have seen from Sketchers?

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    After reading that review, I really really want to see the show. Too bad I didn't get tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I just watched the clips. She looks great, sounds great, & should do great. Any idea when they start to air. Also, I wonder why there was no announcement from Hershey like the ones we have seen from Sketchers?
    I have no idea when they will start to air. I checked the Hershey's website and saw nothing about the t-shirt promotion. So ideally when that promotion officially starts, the ads will air. Hopefully the wait won't be as long as the one for the album.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

The beat goes on & just gets better. Even though this release is dateline Beverly Hills, I gotta believe her Nashville team is responsible as much as anyone else.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050714/nyth008.html?.v=14

Press Release Source: CMT
    American Idol Winner Goes From Hollywood Hopeful To Country Crooner In 'CMT IN THE MOMENT: CARRIE UNDERWOOD'
    Thursday July 14, 4:00 pm ET

CMT Cameras Follow Carrie Underwood As She Realizes Her Dream of Becoming a Country Artist

Underwood Also Featured on CMT 100 GREATEST DUETS on September 17
    BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 14 /PRNewswire/ -- She won America's hearts and votes week after week competing on the Hollywood stage armed with songs from the country artists she's always admired. Now, "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood is paving her own way to stand in the country music spotlight, and CMT captures it all for the one-hour episode of CMT IN THE MOMENT: CARRIE UNDERWOOD premiering Fall 2005.
    From the moment she steps off the "American Idol" stage, CMT provides an insider's behind-the-scenes look at the road Underwood travels to pursue her musical dreams. Underwood's journey includes her "official" introduction to Nashville with performances at CMT's 100 GREATEST DUETS, her very first performance at the Grand Ole Opry and a fan-packed performance on "Today."
    Underwood, the newly crowned "American Idol," started singing in public when she was a small child and made her first studio recordings at age 13. Hailing from Checotah, Oklahoma, the 22-year-old began her career singing in festivals throughout the South and Midwest. On "American Idol," Underwood regularly sang songs by country superstars Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts and the Dixie Chicks. Underwood, who is now signed with 19 Recordings/Arista, will release her debut album later this year.
    IN THE MOMENT was created and is executive produced by George Moll of County Line Productions. Moll created and produced the hit VH1 series "Behind the Music" and has also developed and produced original programming for CMT, TV Land and BBC. Paul Villadolid and Sarah Brock are executives in charge of production for CMT.
    For more information on IN THE MOMENT: CARRIE UNDERWOOD visit CMT.com. http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/In_The_Moment/series.jhtml
    CMT, America's No. 1 country music network, carries original programming, specials, and live concerts and events, as well as a mix of videos by established country music artists and new cutting-edge acts, including world premiere exclusive videos. Founded March 6, 1983, CMT, owned and operated by MTV Networks, reaches more than 77.1 million households in the United States. Go to country music's biggest web site at http://www.CMT.com.

A one hour special on CMT? Sweet!
    That's twice as good as anything that would've been possible on MTV except for the hour long Diary episodes. I take it "In The Moment" is the CMT equivalent of Diary. Between this and the Duets, now there's two reasons to tune into or at least record stuff from CMT.

This weekend Carrie's going to be on a FOX show called "The Menu."
    TV Guide Online: The Menu
    The latest in music, movies, TV, sports, fashion, and beauty, geared toward teenage girls.
    In my area it'll be on 11:30 A.M. Saturday morning. Check your local listings because the person that reported this appearance said the show was on at 10:30 A.M, so it depends on the time zone. This show doesn't sound like something I would watch, but others might be interested.

+ Reply to Thread