+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

The rich get richer. There is a photo of Carries Mother with the guitar but I couldn't paste it. It sure looks nice though. I hope Carrie plays it on the tour.

http://newsok.com/article/1541552/?template=home/main

'Idol' winner will tour with Oklahoma-made guitar

By Chad Previch
    The Oklahoman

SKIATOOK — Singer Carrie Underwood received a handcrafted piece of Oklahoma this week, and now she'll tour the country with it.

A crafter with Morgan Guitars near Skiatook started working on a custom rosewood six-string guitar for the American Idol in April, and Underwood received it Thursday.

"We're pretty excited. I just love her. I love her voice," said Alisa Everitt, the guitar maker.

Underwood's mother said Friday her daughter will tour with it.

While watching the show, Everitt's husband told her she needed to build a guitar for Underwood. At first, Everitt said she didn't want to bother the 22-year-old Checotah woman's family.

When she finally made contact with Underwood's mother, Carole, Everitt found the family was more than happy and helpful. After a few months, Everitt finished the guitar early this week.

She and Carole Underwood went to Tulsa and mailed it Wednesday. Carrie Underwood selected the design, Everitt said, adding the singer wanted to have an Oklahoma guitar with her.

"That's why she went with us," Everitt said. "We were right here. She seems like a really nice young sweetheart."

The guitar features "Carrie" written in pearl surrounded by doves. The cost: $5,000. Morgan Guitars gave it to Underwood at no charge.

Hundreds of guitars have been made by the company. Other artists who've played them include country music legend Little Jimmy Dickens and Doug Sizemore, musical director and keyboard player for Oklahoma native Reba McEntire.

Carole Underwood said her daughter has stamped the guitar with her approval.

"It really is beautiful and it plays so nice," she said. "She told me the sound of it is very good."

Underwood, who hit No. 1 with her single, "Inside Your Heaven," on four charts last week, is in Los Angeles rehearsing for the American Idol Live tour, her mother said. She's also filming a commercial.

The guitar is just another piece of encouragement from Oklahomans, Carole Underwood said.

"She thought it would be nice to be able to use something from somebody that is here," she said. "We certainly appreciate all the support Oklahoma has given to her. Everybody's been so great. We couldn't have done it without them."

I really didn't see a specific thread to put this so I am going to put it here. I don't hold much credence to internet polls especially when you can vote over & over again, but this one I found interesting. The AI Home page is doing a poll about who people are most excited to see in concert this summer.

http://www.idolonfox.com/

It shows the following:
    Carrie 37%
    Bo 27%
    Constantine 18%
    Anthony 10%
    Nikko 7%

That leaves Jessica, Anwar, Nadia, Scott & Vonzell with a total of less than 1% total to share. I am truly amazed that those folks ( especially Nadia & Vonzell) aren't getting more support than that. This is with a total of 23.5 million votes. Make of it what you will, I just thought I would share.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I'll buy you one here & send it to you if you want. Our Walmarts, both of them, seem to have plenty of each.
    I just saw this. Thank you so much for the offer. I finally found it! I drove home and forgot to play it. I plan to listen this afternoon while I do some ironing. Thanks again for offering to get it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    That leaves Jessica, Anwar, Nadia, Scott & Vonzell with a total of less than 1% total to share. I am truly amazed that those folks (especially Nadia & Vonzell) aren't getting more support than that.
    That is very surprising to me, too, razorbacker...

Carrie is hanging in on the charts pretty well for the third week. She is up in some & her radio plays are increasing across many different formats. Independence Day is even making a couple of appearances.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/pop.jsp

Inside Your Heaven

Billboard Hot 100 (3 wks 7/2 - 7/16): 1-3-4

Billboard Pop 100 (3 wks 7/2 - 7/16): 1-3-6

Hot 100 Singles Sales (4 wks 6/25 - 7/16): 5-1-2-2

Hot Country Singles Sales (4 wks 6/25 - 7/16): 1-1-1-1

Canadian Singles Sales (3 wks 7/2 - 7/16): 1-1-1

Hot Digital Songs (3 wks 7/2 - 7/16): 4-7-26

Hot Digital Tracks (3 wks 7/2 - 7/16): 3-7-20

Hot Country Songs & Tracks (3 wks 7/2 - 7/16): 59-59-52

Adult Contemporary (2 wks 7/9 - 7/16): 30-23

Independence Day

Billboard Pop 100 (1 wk 6/18): 84
    + Re-entry (2 wks 7/2 - 7/9): 85-94

Hot Digital Songs (1 wk 6/11): 63

Carries career goes up in smoke. Sorta!

http://www.theday.com/eng/web/news/...7A-3E98BBC85183

New London –– Golden Kamuro fireworks will fill the sky above the Thames River tonight during Sailfest's Mashantucket Pequot Fireworks Spectacular.

They'll shoot approximately 1,000 feet into the air before bursting into gigantic weeping willows and shimmering into the water –– all choreographed to a recording of Carrie Underwood's “Inside Your Heaven.”
    “The sky will be completely saturated in gold,” Phil Grucci, executive vice president of Fireworks by Grucci, which is producing the show, said Friday.

The 25th annual fireworks show will begin at about 9:25 p.m. and last 22 minutes. Exactly 22,916 shells will be fired from three barges off Fort Trumbull. The theme of this year's $175,000 show is “Salute to the Military.” The soundtrack, which will include a number of patriotic tunes, will be broadcast on radio stations Q-105.5 FM and WXLM 102.3 FM.

Although there is a chance of rain, Grucci technicians said as long as conditions are not too windy or dangerous for people to be outside, the show will go on.

“We try to decide (whether to postpone the fireworks) by around 10 or 11 in the morning in order to give people the opportunity to plan their days,” said Grucci, who planned tonight's pyrotechnics. He said a postponement –– until Sunday –– would be announced on local radio and television stations. He noted, however, that Sailfest crowds have been known to brave rain to watch fireworks, as they did in 2000.

Friday's rain slowed Grucci's team of 20, which worked on the barges in front of the Thames Shipyard. The technicians arrived one to two hours early to set up tents to protect the shells as they were loaded onto the barges.

“We always spend about five days setting up,” said Jeff Schneider, the chief pyrotechnician for the show, “and usually it rains for at least one of those five days. But we'll stay today until we get the body of the show, which is about 90 percent of it, loaded onto the barges. We'll be ready on time.”

Since Wednesday, the technicians have been putting in between 10 and 12 hours of work a day at the shipyard. If the show goes off as scheduled today, they'll spend most of Sunday removing equipment from the barges.

Grucci said he has worked on choreographing the show for the past few weeks. It takes one hour to choreograph each minute of the show, and an additional two hours to synchronize each minute of fireworks with accompanying music, he said.

During Sarah Brightman's rendition of “What a Wonderful World,” a “flying saucers” and “rainbow” effect will appear whenever Brightman sings “what a wonderful world,” Grucci said.

“You'll see a ring (of color) that will circle the outside circumference of the barge,” he said, “and it will create a rainbow over the top of the barge.”

Look for “tiger tails,” comet-like streaks of color that will shoot 300 feet into the air, during Ray Charles' “Mess Around.” Watch for Grucci's signature “golden flitter split comet,” in which each shell divides into 32 smaller comets that descend and create a “golden Milky Way,” which will precede the finale.

Unlike last year, the show will not be televised, said Barbara Neff, Sailfest's executive director, adding that about 150,000 people usually flock to downtown New London for the event.

Police recommend people arrive in the city before 5 p.m. and park in the public garages on Water Street and Governor Winthrop Boulevard, or in legal spaces on the edges of the downtown. Docking will not be allowed at any of the waterfront piers. The floating docks, however, may be used as dinghy docks.

Good vantage points include the Waterfront Park, Fort Trumbull and Fort Griswold, though the fireworks should be visible from practically anywhere along the Thames River.

At the restaurant I manage we have country music from a satellite provider as our background music. IYH has made the rotation on their Modern Country channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    At the restaurant I manage we have country music from a satellite provider as our background music. IYH has made the rotation on their Modern Country channel.
    I hear Carrie quite frequently on XM 11, 16, & 20. 2 country stations & the Pop top 20 as programmed by listener votes.

I'm not sure which version it is but Carries Crying is being played on Country Stations as of this week.

http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/Reports...2685&NumDays=7

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Here's a new article about an ad campaign Carrie's doing:

http://www.ccnmatthews.com/news/releases/show.jsp?action=showRelease&ac tionFor=548193

SKECHERS Lands New Music Star for Global Campaign

MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif.--(CCNMatthews - Jul 12, 2005) -

SKECHERS USA, Inc. (NYSE:SKX), the world leader in trend-setting footwear, announced today that it has signed American Idol winner and rising star Carrie Underwood to a global endorsement agreement. After successfully partnering with music sensations Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera from early fame through the height of their careers, SKECHERS has now chosen Underwood to carry the torch. Underwood became the new American Idol after more than 500 million votes were cast during the season, which had more than 30 million viewers in the U.S. alone, and was shown in numerous countries around the world. With her recording career off to a fast start with a No. 1 single, the Company believes that Underwood is also going to be a global superstar with lasting power.

"Being a part of SKECHERS is exciting. It is such a hip company with a great attitude and image," said Carrie Underwood, whose first single "Inside Your Heaven" broke Billboard chart history as the first country music artist to debut at No. 1 on the Hot 100 Chart. "I've been wearing SKECHERS for years, so for me this is a really great project. I can proudly endorse SKECHERS -- and happily add more pairs to my closet!"

With exclusive worldwide rights to advertise footwear using Underwood's image through December 2006, SKECHERS will feature the 22-year-old singer in SKECHERS sport and fusion styles in several scenes that reflect her interests. Launching in Fall '05, the campaign will coincide with the "American Idols Live! Tour 2005" and the debut of her country album, which is set to release in November on 19 Recordings/Arista.

"We are extremely excited to have Carrie represent SKECHERS in our marketing campaigns, and to be affiliated with such a dynamic performer. Beautiful and talented, she is a superstar, yet she has a refreshing style and very unaffected charm," stated Michael Greenberg, president of SKECHERS. "She is the kind of star young women can relate to -- as if they know her. Like our previous campaigns with celebrities, this campaign will be an incredible union of SKECHERS' attitude and Carrie's natural image and style."

Greenberg continued: "The mix of fashion and music is essential to both our industries and truly benefits the stars and the brand's associated with them. For this reason, we have invested in such phenomenal stars as Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and now Carrie Underwood."

Miss Underwood was a Northeastern State University student in Tahlequah, OK when she made a snap decision to drive to St. Louis with her mother to try out for the fourth season of American Idol. With a passion for country music, the blonde singer from a farm in Checotah, OK beat out more than 100,000 hopefuls to make it to the top 24 who would appear on the Emmy Award-winning American Idol show, and ultimately win at the finale held at the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles on May 25, 2005.

The global endorsement agreement was signed with 19 Merchandising Limited on behalf of Miss Underwood.

SKECHERS USA, Inc., based in Manhattan Beach, California, designs, develops and markets a diverse range of footwear for men, women and children under 12 unique brand names. The Company has also granted select third party licenses for SKECHERS-branded apparel, swimwear and hosiery. SKECHERS footwear is available in the United States via department and specialty stores, Company-owned SKECHERS retail stores and its e-commerce website, as well as in over 100 countries and territories through the Company's global network of distributors and Canadian and European subsidiaries. Please visit www.skechers.com or call the Company's information line at 877-INFO-SKX.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

+ Reply to Thread