+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    but publicity is publicity. More TV time is more TV time & that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Au contraire... I believe this was demeaning to Carrie. She's a great singer and a darn nice person. She deserves respect.

When was the last time you saw someone appear as a featured guest on The Tonight Show, and then days later be forced to spin a lottery wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I think even you would have to agree that Carrie looks a whole lot better in that dress & diamonds than Bo would have.
    What do you mean 'even I' would have to agree. I assure you, I ALWAYS find Carrie more attractive than Bo. I may prefer Bo as a performer, but if I'm just lookin', I'm lookin' at Carrie.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    Au contraire... I believe this was demeaning to Carrie. She's a great singer and a darn nice person. She deserves respect.

When was the last time you saw someone appear as a featured guest on The Tonight Show, and then days later be forced to spin a lottery wheel?

What do you mean 'even I' would have to agree. I assure you, I ALWAYS find Carrie more attractive than Bo. I may prefer Bo as a performer, but if I'm just lookin', I'm lookin' at Carrie.
    I guess we are just coming at this from different directions. I don't think it is demeaning to have an opportunity to appear on TV, unless of course you are Michael Jackson & moon walking on top of an SUV after being indicted for child molestation, & I just don't see the harm in being the host of this lottery thing. Remember she was a journalism major & while this isn't heavy journalism she was the host & introduced the thing. I just think there was an opportunity, whether the state asked for her or 19E approached the state really doesn't matter, they just made it happen. Afterall, they could have let her sit at home for the night with no press event at all. 19E has made a lot of good things happen for Carrie in the month since the end of this competition & I just don't think this is a big issue.

Just poking fun on the Bo thing.

Is anyone having trouble finding Carrie's single? I have been to four places so far and there are none to be had. I wonder how many people are unable to get one besides me.

Not quite the expected second week drop off that many expected. Good News for Carrie.

#3 Billboard Hot 100
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp

#3 Billboard Pop 100
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/pop.jsp

#7 Billboard Hot Digital Songs
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hds.jsp

#7 Billboard Hot Digital Tracks
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/airplay/digital.jsp

She is also on the following but they are subscription only info so I canít post the links.

#2 Hot 100 Singles Sales
    #1 Hot Country Singles Sales
    #1 Canadian Singles Sales
    #59 Hot Country Songs & Tracks
    #30 Adult Contemporary

She seems to be stayin on the charts without much Airplay, but as you can see from the below that is picking up as well. Not mentioned below is that XM Radio is now playing her on channels 11,16,& 20 all the time.

http://gfa.radioandrecords.com/Publi.../2005&Format=3

Underwood Continues Her Heavenly Ride
    Checotah, OK native and American Idol: Season Four winner Carrie Underwood is blowing up at AC radio with the Desmond Child-penned "Inside Your Heaven." Last week, the tune earned Most Added and New & Active honors at AC with 16 adds, and, this week, it gains another 12 adds at the format. Underwood performed for the inaugural edition of California's new multistate Mega Millions lottery last Friday, which aired live on TV in the 12 states that participate in the game. While the lottery was offering a $42 million grand prize, Underwood's performance was worth way more than that, literally -- she was wearing $50 million worth of jewelry during the show. As for upcoming events, check her out as she plays the American Idols Live tour through mid-August.

FORT Fanatic
    Mudah - I was looking for it too at Walmart, but couldn't find it anywhere. There were still some of Bo's on the shelf though! I almost bought his, but decided I'd wait for the album - I don't need two versions of the same song!

maxkl, our nearest Walmart had three of Bo's and as I said, none of Carrie's. Another Walmart had none and another had one Bo and no Carrie. You wonder how they would do on the charts if people could actually find the darn things.

So Muduh, did you spend your day cruising Walmarts?

You know how much trouble I have staying away.
    A friend can't drive right now and needed a few things from a couple of Walmarts. I was thrilled. I checked Target the other night and they didn't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    You know how much trouble I have staying away.
    A friend can't drive right now and needed a few things from a couple of Walmarts. I was thrilled. I checked Target the other night and they didn't have them.
    I'll buy you one here & send it to you if you want. Our Walmarts, both of them, seem to have plenty of each.

+ Reply to Thread