+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 423 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4226
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Another confirmation about her success. Note it is dateline Nashville, not Hollywood, not LA, Nashville. Carrie has a Nashville based Press agent that is working like hell to keep her name in the press. Great stuff.

Another article about Carrie's current success...

'Idol' Underwood Shoots Straight To No. 1
    By Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.

A little more than a month after becoming the fourth winner of "American Idol," Carrie Underwood has the country's top single. "Inside Your Heaven," a Desmond Child-written song the country-leaning singer performed during her final week of competition on the Fox series, debuts at No. 1 on The Billboard Hot 100.

Underwood is only the third artist to bow in the top slot since chart policy changed in 1998 to allow airplay-only tracks on the Hot 100, a move that made it much harder for any title to debut at No. 1. And it's a feat only "Idol" contestants have been able to achieve with largely sales-driven success. Underwood's triumph follows in the footsteps of second season runner-up Clay Aiken's "This Is the Night" in 2003 and third-season winner Fantasia "I Believe" in 2004.

"Inside Your Heaven" also debuts at No. 1 on the Pop 100, where Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" falls to No. 4 after eight weeks on top. To make way for Underwood's debut on the Hot 100, Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" drops to No. 2, but retains its bullet due to continued growth. The cut also improves its stand on the Pop 100, advancing 3-2, and holds onto its No. 1 post on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

The Black Eyed Peas' "Don't Phunk With My Heart" falls 3-4 on the Hot 100, but retains its bullet, and remains No. 1 on the Hot Digital Songs chart for a second week. Underwood's single is that chart's highest debut at No. 4.

Moving into the Hot 100's top 10 this week is Fat Joe's "Get It Poppin'" featuring Nelly with a 16-10 move. As reported yesterday, Joe's album "All or Nothing" (Terror Squad/Atlantic) bows this week at No. 6 on The Billboard 200.

Among the cuts making big Hot 100 gains this week is Rihanna's debut single "Pon De Replay," which bolts 30-13 and is the chart's greatest airplay gainer. Her debut album, "Music of the Sun," will be released Aug. 16 by SRP/Def Jam.

The Foo Fighters, who notch a No. 2 Billboard 200 debut this week for their two-disc "In Your Honor" (Roswell/Capitol), jump 37-18 with the single "Best of You," while Brad Paisley has the Hot 100's top debut with "Alcohol" at No. 89. Also new to the list are SheDaisy's "Don't Worry 'Bout a Thing" (No. 90), Brooks & Dunn's "Play Something Country" (No. 92), Fall Out Boy's "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" (No. 93) and Natasha Bedingfield's "These Words" (No. 100).

On the Hot Country Songs chart, Rascal Flatts' "Fast Cars and Freedom" advances 2-1 as Keith Urban's "Making Memories of Us" falls to No. 2 after five weeks on top. That chart's top debut is George Strait's "Texas" at No. 50, while Underwood's "Inside" bows at No. 59.

Seether's "Remedy" is the No. 1 title on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart for a second week, while Weezer's "Beverly Hills" moves 2-1 to take over the lead on the Modern Rock list as Nine Inch Nails' "The Hand That Feeds" falls to No. 2 after five weeks in the pole position.

On Billboard's Adult Contemporary list, first "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" is No. 1 for a 17th consecutive week. On the Hot 100, the song drops 36-42, while her song "Since U Been Gone" drops 9-12 and "Behind These Hazel Eyes" holds steady at No. 6.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/ar..._id=1000967289

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Carrie now has an artist page at the CMT website:
    http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/underwood__carrie/artist.jhtml

I didn't get to see the View today to see Carrie, but since I live in the east coast it might not have mattered anyway because President Bush interrupted the show before her performance.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601
    Carrie now has an artist page at the CMT website:
    http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/underwood__carrie/artist.jhtml

I didn't get to see the View today to see Carrie, but since I live in the east coast it might not have mattered anyway because President Bush interrupted the show before her performance.
    I watched The View until I had to hit that remote. I will watch ET to see if they show anything. It will be on in a few minutes.

I guess now we know why we aren't hearing her too much on the radio. According to her publicist in this article. You gotta love the way this publicist is working for Carrie.

Another article about Carrie's number 1 single but some cute quotes from people that know her.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/BreakingN...50624_Br_carrie

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- Carrie Underwood's single "Inside Your Heaven" sold 170,000 copies its first week, making it the best-selling song so far of 2005, according to her publicist, Jessie Schmidt in Nashville, Tenn.

The single by Checotah's Underwood, the newly crowned American Idol, debuted at No. 1 on four charts by Billboard magazine -- the Billboard Hot 100, the Pop 100, singles sales and country singles sales.

Schmidt said the success is impressive because the single won't be released to radio stations for air play until July 5.

"My dreams continue to come true," Underwood said in a statement Thursday. "Thanks to the fans for voting me as their Idol and for wanting to hear -- and have -- my music."

The 22-year-old Underwood made Billboard history as the first country artist to debut at No. 1 on the Hot 100. It's the first time a country song has hit No. 1 since Lonestar's "Amazed" in 2000.

"I think it's great," Underwood's grandfather, Carl Shatswell, said. "She's No. 1 on the radio. I'm going to buy a CD. I never did care much about them CD players, but I will buy one and I'll listen to it somewhere."

He wasn't the only one in Checotah wanting a copy.

Janna McKeen said she bought eight copies. She gave some to family and friends.

"Most people think I'm pretty much a big dork, but I don't care," she said.

The news wasn't surprising for Irene Morton, owner and waitress of Katy Cafe in Checotah. When she went shopping in the small, eastern-Oklahoma community and bought six copies, she stood in line with Underwood's mother, who also was buying the CD.

"I play it here in the restaurant. They just love it," Morton said. "It's probably the most popular song in town. I think everybody in town" bought it.

Cole Casey, assistant manager at Checotah's Wal-Mart, said the store sold 850 copies in one week. He said customers are buying about 300 a week now.

"I'm not saying it makes or breaks us, but it's helped," he said.

Underwood is working on her debut album due this fall and rehearsing for the American Idol Live tour, which comes to Norman on Aug. 10.

I saw Carrie on The View this morning at thought she sounded great during the first part of the song.
    She still seems as though she strains to get to some of the notes to me and it got a little painful to listen to toward the end.
    Her voice could just need a good rest though.

Hey Kariann, I haven't seen you post anything here lately but hopefully you are still checking in. You said before the final 2 that you hoped Carrie would put on a long dress & put her hair up. That didn't happen, but if you will check out the link below I think you will be pleased. On Fri. June 24 Carrie was on hand to draw the numbers in the California Mega Millions Lottery. The photos you will see show her in a long black evening gown, her hair is up & she has been accesorized to the tune of 50 yes that is $50 million dollars in diamond jewelry. The site is one of those that sells the photos so I couldn't copy & paste. Anyway, if you are interested.

http://www.celebrityphoto.com/script...h_type=keyword

Ok I am editing this because there are some reports that say $5 million in diamonds. Regardless, it is a lot of doggone diamonds.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 06-26-2005 at 10:33 AM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    On Fri. June 24 Carrie was on hand to draw the numbers in the California Mega Millions Lottery..
    What in the world is 19E doing? This is no way to treat the AI winner! Carrie deserves much more than this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Hey Kariann, I haven't seen you post anything here lately but hopefully you are still checking in. You said before the final 2 that you hoped Carrie would put on a long dress & put her hair up. That didn't happen, but if you will check out the link below I think you will be pleased. On Fri. June 24 Carrie was on hand to draw the numbers in the California Mega Millions Lottery. The photos you will see show her in a long black evening gown, her hair is up & she has been accesorized to the tune of 50 yes that is $50 million dollars in diamond jewelry. The site is one of those that sells the photos so I couldn't copy & paste. Anyway, if you are interested.

http://www.celebrityphoto.com/script...h_type=keyword

Ok I am editing this because there are some reports that say $5 million in diamonds. Regardless, it is a lot of doggone diamonds.
    Oh...she looks beautiful in those pictures...! Thanks for posting them!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    What in the world is 19E doing? This is no way to treat the AI winner! Carrie deserves much more than this.
    I think as much as anything else it was a result of it being a California thing & Carrrie being out there rehearsing for the tour. Any starting performer will have to do these sorts of things time & again, I'm sure it probably wasn't her first choice, but publicity is publicity. More TV time is more TV time & that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Besides, I think even you would have to agree that Carrie looks a whole lot better in that dress & diamonds than Bo would have.

+ Reply to Thread